RD 5, Pick 171: Nathan Peterman (QB) - Pitt

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the Bills drafted him so obviously he is an allstar.

He's a 5th rd pick, I expect little to nothing from this kid. Anything beyond that is a surprise.

I think most people aren't expecting much from him. The pick would be successful if he's nothing more than a good backup. He does have quality traits you see in good starters so his development is at least somewhat intriguing.

I think most people aren't expecting much from him. The pick would be successful if he's nothing more than a good backup. He does have quality traits you see in good starters so his development is at least somewhat intriguing.

From what I looks like, most people are picking the kid apart.

We go from never drafting a QB, to letting the draft come to us, work it in a way that sets us up to get a QB next year, while taking a developmental type and yet still conplants rain down.

We have two quality ceiling development types on the roster, a half way average starter and a backup who offers more stability at the backup position than we hAve had in years.

I still am shocked at how many people have an issue with Peterman and the pick.

We go from never drafting a QB, to letting the draft come to us, work it in a way that sets us up to get a QB next year, while taking a developmental type and yet still conplants rain down.

We have two quality ceiling development types on the roster, a half way average starter and a backup who offers more stability at the backup position than we hAve had in years.

I'm 70% here, and 30% of the view that they should've picked Mahomes or Watson at 10.

The only way to get a top QB next year is to finish near last in the league. The Jets, 49ers, Jags, Browns are not trading out of that spot.

The only way to get a top QB next year is to finish near last in the league. The Jets, 49ers, Jags, Browns are not trading out of that spot.

The Browns probably aren't going QB again with Kizer on the roster. The 49ers will find a way to get Cousins next offseason. The Jags may actually win a few games now that they have a back who can limit the amount of times Bortles has to throw. The Jets are our real competition next offseason and appear to be in full tank mode.

The Browns probably aren't going QB again with Kizer on the roster. The 49ers will find a way to get Cousins next offseason. The Jags may actually win a few games now that they have a back who can limit the amount of times Bortles has to throw. The Jets are our real competition next offseason and appear to be in full tank mode.

Much like the Panthers drafted Clausen the year before they drafted Newton first overall. Don't overthink this. If they are in that spot, they are drafting Darnold.

I cant see Cousins getting out of Washington. 49ers will draft a cost controlled QB if there.

Yes.

We should expect a 5th round draft pick to take the job away from Taylor.

Drafting Peterman in the 5th really puts Taylor on notice.

Too funny...

What should put Taylor on notice is that they drafted a guy who's strengths are Tyrods weaknesses, and that those weaknesses are the foundation of successful QB play.

McDermott appears to like guys that are smart and that are more steady.

You can laugh now, but I think Taylor is even more on borrowed time than he was before the draft.

What should put Taylor on notice is that they drafted a guy who's strengths are Tyrods weaknesses, and that those weaknesses are the foundation of successful QB play.

McDermott appears to like guys that are smart and that are more steady.

You can laugh now, but I think Taylor is even more on borrowed time than he was before the draft.

Tyrod won his job in a competition once, although against lame talent. I doubt he's worried. You can question his skills but not his character. He's a leader and a gamer and if Peterman bests him, I'm sure he'll back him up. But he's got to beat him first.

Someone easily could have chosen Peterman in the 2nd round and none of the analysts would have blinked. This is a steal regardless of how his career turns out.

+1.

and...Lets not forget how picking QB's early has worked for us in the past. 50% of 1st rounders fail in the NFL. The drop-off in QB's picked in later rounds is not all that great vs those picked early.

I buy in to the Peterman pick. We've watched enough wasted picks on bad QB's. Lets cheer for this kid and if he were to beat out Tyrod (doubtful of course) we'd be pretty well stacked at the QB position.

Someone easily could have chosen Peterman in the 2nd round and none of the analysts would have blinked. This is a steal regardless of how his career turns out.

Now see I agree with this....I was actually suprised I was not hearing his name by the end of the 3rd round......

I also want to point out....for all of the bitching people are doing about not drafting quarterbacks....we have in fact drafted one in 2 of the last 3 years

I believe Astro was manually picking him for us in the 3rd round of the latest draftek simulations. Can't see how anyone is upset about this guy in the 5th. Tbh the one thing that puzzles me is that we picked him with our 2nd 5th rounder. Hard to believe that they valued/feared losing Milano more than Peterman.

IM sorry what?

So if the guy never plays a down in his entire football career and is out of the league in 2-3 years this is a steal?

That doesn't make sense. How can it be a steal if he never plays a down in the NFL?

IM sorry what?

So if the guy never plays a down in his entire football career and is out of the league in 2-3 years this is a steal?

That doesn't make sense. How can it be a steal if he never plays a down in the NFL?

Process-oriented vs results-oriented analysis.

Edited by SoFFacet

Tbh the one thing that puzzles me is that we picked him with our 2nd 5th rounder. Hard to believe that they valued/feared losing Milano more than Peterman.

Funny coincidence because the Pats took a player before Brady in the 6th round.