Get a Grip People

H2o

All of the incessant whining in these different threads is borderline stand up material. The Mahomes fanboys are sounding like one of those country songs where the woman leaves and even takes the dog. People are mad that we gave up a 3rd and a couple of 5ths so we could make two 2nd Round selections. It's like the TSW version of the trail of tears. Fanhood falling by the wayside with every step. It's pretty hilarious. Let's review.

We got a 4 year starter at #27 of the 1st round in Tre'Davious White and pocketed a 2018 1st round pick. White was not only a 4 year starter, but a 4 year starter in the toughest conference in the nation year in and year out. He will be a day one starter for us and help to fill the void left by Gilmore. Are you really pissed about that?

We traded up a few spots to get the most prolific WR in NCAA history as far as catching the football. Zay Jones had 158 receptions last year. He is as reliable as they come and possibly the most complete WR in this draft. Some say he was the best WR in this draft. We needed a legit #2 WR and we moved a few picks to get a guy who could turn out to be a #1. Day one starter. Are you really pissed about that?

We then traded up from our spot in the 3rd into the back end of the 2nd to get the best remaining OL prospect left on the board. Dion Dawkins is going to be our starting RT this year. He wasn't drafted to play Guard like the bobble heads would insist he should. They said the same things about a guy named Cordy Glenn who by the way has turned out to be a pretty stout blindside protector in this league. An immediate upgrade over the pieces that added to the train wreck at RT last year. Are you really pissed about that?

We still have two 5th Round picks left, which is what we had when we started. We have a 6th round pick left, which is what we had when we started. We also picked up a 2018 1st while being able to make 3 picks in the first 63. Are you really pissed about that? Suck it up buttercup because you might not like what happens today either. :thumbsup:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the incessant whining in these different threads is borderline stand up material. The Mahomes fanboys are sounding like one of those country songs where the woman leaves and even takes the dog. People are mad that we gave up a 3rd and a couple of 5ths so we could make two 2nd Round selections. It's like the TSW version of the trail of tears. Fanhood falling by the wayside with every step. It's pretty hilarious. Let's review.

We got a 4 year starter at #27 of the 1st round in Tre'Davious White and pocketed a 2018 1st round pick. White was not only a 4 year starter, but a 4 year starter in the toughest conference in the nation year in and year out. He will be a day one starter for us and help to fill the void left by Gilmore. Are you really pissed about that?

We traded up a few spots to get the most prolific WR in NCAA history as far as catching the football. Zay Jones had 158 receptions last year. He is as reliable as they come and possibly the most complete WR in this draft. Some say he was the best WR in this draft. We needed a legit #2 WR and we moved a few picks to get a guy who could turn out to be a #1. Day one starter. Are you really pissed about that?

We then traded up from our spot in the 3rd into the back end of the 2nd to get the best remaining OL prospect left on the board. Dion Dawkins is going to be our starting RT this year. He wasn't drafted to play Guard like the bobble heads would insist he should. They said the same things about a guy named Cordy Glenn who by the way has turned out to be a pretty stout blindside protector in this league. An immediate upgrade over the pieces that added to the train wreck at RT last year. Are you really pissed about that?

We still have two 5th Round picks left, which is what we had when we started. We have a 6th round pick left, which is what we had when we started. We also picked up a 2018 1st while being able to make 3 picks in the first 63. Are you really pissed about that? Suck it up buttercup because you might not like what happens today either. :thumbsup:

....imagine if we were back in the day of a SEVENTEEN ROUND DRAFT?....there would be 67,384 cases of carpal tunnel from the beotchfest.......

Is the first line of your signature not "I not only could not stifle controversy among your readers.. I welcome it."?

And anybody who compares an internet message board to the Trail of Tears may also want to reconsider their own grip. :(

Is the first line of your signature not "I not only could not stifle controversy among your readers.. I welcome it."?

And anybody who compares an internet message board to the Trail of Tears may also want to reconsider their own grip. :(

Thanks for the "enlightenment" dear sir.

It's the draft, where even the professionals disagree, and the proof isn't known until after the third season at least. In the meantime, TBD is entertained with the spectrum of opinions, from brilliance to idiocy.

What we do know is McDermott is the power, and, whether you like or hate him, we'll find out soon enough if Whaley is included in his long term plan...

It's the draft, where even the professionals disagree, and the proof isn't known until after the third season at least. In the meantime, TBD is entertained with the spectrum of opinions, from brilliance to idiocy.

What we do know is McDermott is the power, and, whether you like or hate him, we'll find out soon enough if Whaley is included in his long term plan...

...if he is THE guy responsible for what happens between the white stripes, he SHOULD be......I'd never let myself be force fed players as the HC with the edict, "YOU make it work".....DonoHOLE tried that and it was a rousing.....you know the rest....

Putting the cart in front of the horse....

NEXT YEARS QB CLASS WILL BE ONE IF THE BEST IN A VERY LONG TIME!!!!!

There is a potential 6 QBs that may go 1st round. I bet maybe 4 go top 10.

That being said we got a stud CB who will make plays. Plus an extra 1st.

Just saying, if Buffalo wants the #1 overall pick to get the Best QB they can probably do it.

Just saying, if Buffalo wants the #1 overall pick to get the Best QB they can probably do it.

.......two 1sts in 2018 for the first time since 2004......of course there are NO guarantees, but I'll take it 14 years hence.....why not??................

...if he is THE guy responsible for what happens between the white stripes, he SHOULD be......I'd never let myself be force fed players as the HC with the edict, "YOU make it work".....DonoHOLE tried that and it was a rousing.....you know the rest....

no disagreement. I'm a Whaley supporter as a personnel man, and i believe it's a good combination going forward--McDermott 's vision and Whaley/monos personnel assessments.

Absolutely agree. People are possibly disappointed that the Bills didn't pick "their guy". Lots of "guys" are rated and determined by this consensus of media writers who often have good insight but they aren't living it as completely as if their job depended on it- they have no skin involved in the game like pro scouts, GMs and coaches do.

The other issue is that the draft is not a miracle worker, especially with teams that have multiple needs. If a team manages to get 2 or 3 solid starters out of a draft it is considered a success.

With the exception of last season, the recent Bills drafts have been complete train wrecks. I give credit to Rex Ryan for last season and believe the Bills will reap some defensive benefits from it this coming season. The point is the process of building a contender is going to take time.

What the Bills have done with this draft has been solid and they have picked solid players in areas of need. I personally like this as opposed to picking the so called draft super stars who are often self centered primadonnas and often come with excess baggage and are destructive to the team.

Finally this years QB class is absolutely horrid, the worst in years, and I am proud of the Bills for realizing this and not wasting any picks on them. Hopefully a year from now will be a different situation and the Bills will be in the driver's seat. Not too bad IMHO.

I think if you go on message board of most teams you're going to see the incessant whining. I mean the thing is McD said this is a process but people think the draft this year was supposed to supplant the process and everything is perfect and ready to go.

3 starters with first three picks

Extra first next year and 4-7rds are a crap shoot

We HOPE the top 3 picks are all starters. Not every player pans out and few step in and start out of the gate. CB has quite a learning curve. If White is starting at some point in the season and playing well by the end, then he's doing very well. Ditto Jones, as WR probably carries an even steeper learning curve than CB. If he's a productive starter by 2018, then he's doing well. If Dawkins starts at RT and is solid next season, then that's a huge win. If he can't hack RT and eventually is a quality starter at OG, replacing Incognito in a season or two, then it was still a good pick.

Not that these players won't get thrown in early or that one can't be way ahead of the typical curve, but they'd be an exception. Expect some real struggles early if these guys have to start immediately. McD is playing the long game here. Reasonable expectations, people.

So, the worst team in the NFL next year will give up the #1 pick for 2 1st rounders from the Bills--none of which will be a top 10 pick?