RD 1, Pick 27: Tre'Davious White (CB) - LSU

SDS

Listened to his press conference, he sounds like a great kid with a love of football. Very high energy and excited.

Totally blown away from White's presser as well.. the smile .. the passion (if you haven't watched on Buffalobills.com do so) ... totally different attitude than the quiet Gilmore ... I love it ... and agree .. with other comment .. can't wait for Zay Jones' tomorrow ... I'm totally drinking the McDermott Kool Aid on these first two picks!!!! Let's Go Bills!!!

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the pick at 27. Not glamorous, but the rest of the draft showed the emphasis on DBs, and I think we got a good one. White plus another first is better for the Bills than Lattimore, and we can root against the Chiefs all season to get a higher pick.

But I still want to be on record that I like Watson and have some regret. I still have doubts about what Taylor has shown us and see a little more Cam Newton and less Vince Young in Watson (among national champion QBs) and think a few years from now we could regret passing on him. But I assume the coaching staff knows better than I do and they like Tyrod plus a CB plus a 2018 first more than Watson, so my fingers are crossed.

We will find out soon because the Texans don't have a log jam ahead of him.

I'm definitely not upset, but seeing the talent that was available to them at 10 made the trade down a little tougher to swallow.

There was a lot of talent at 10. But no matter how you cut it, they were only going to be able to pick one player, leaving supporters of all the other choices bitching. My guess it the Brain Trust didn't think any of the players who fit what they were looking for were worth a 10 so a trade down made more sense to them.

Totally blown away from White's presser as well.. the smile .. the passion (if you haven't watched on Buffalobills.com do so) ... totally different attitude than the quiet Gilmore ... I love it ... and agree .. with other comment .. can't wait for Zay Jones' tomorrow ... I'm totally drinking the McDermott Kool Aid on these first two picks!!!! Let's Go Bills!!!

"I got to talk to Coach McDermott for a few minutes, he took me aside and we just chopped it up about football..."

Not really kicking it, but he has a cabana at the Wynn in Las Vegas right now. Super cool dude. He's not drinking booze, just chilling with family and friends. A class act 100%. I called him Baby Shaq and he loved it.

He's basically McKelvin, but with a brain and the ability to make plays on balls in the air. Sold.

Remember, we re-signed McKelvin too. A 1st round CB we didn't let walk because the market wasn't ridiculous for him. I could see the same happening with White which would make this pick even more valuable.

That comparison is actually a pretty big compliment. If McKelvin could locate and deflect/intercept the ball like this kid can, he would have had a great career with multiple Pro Bowls.

He's also extremely versatile.

Very nice chess piece for McD.

A guy I expect to have an impact immediately.

Plus a first rounder next year.. A+

Man...

EVERY SINGLE YEAR leading up to the draft, ALL I hear from Bills fans is "the Bills should trade down!". This was ESPECIALLY true this year with all of the needs they have and only having six picks. I also always hear how the Bills should pick up a future 1st round pick so that they can have two 1sts to go after a franchise QB.

So wouldn't you know it? The Bills actually trade down this year, add draft capital in THIS draft AND a 1st round pick in a loaded 2018 QB draft year, still get a top cornerback (their biggest need)...and many Bills fans are bitching.

Some things never change.

I don't know. Adding a pothead from Alabama to a roster that ALREADY has a pothead from Alabama seems like a recipe for double suspension disaster to me.

LOGIC is there really someone here "Bitching" about the bills draft seriously?? lol...#BAIL ;;lmaoooooooooooooo PS: you missed live chat NFL draft circa bbmb it was chill :-)))))

LOGIC is there really someone here "Bitching" about the bills draft seriously?? lol...#BAIL ;;lmaoooooooooooooo PS: you missed live chat NFL draft circa bbmb it was chill :-)))))

Sadly, of course there is.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

No

http://www.news.hypercrit.net/2012/11/13/einstein-on-misattribution-i-probably-didnt-say-that/

And no

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/insanity

My jack hole boss at work says that **** twice a week. It takes every ounce of my strength to not scream "you are !@#$ing wrong".

At any rate, it's an old and tired phrase that walking corporate buzzword aholes like my boss use at every opportunity.