RD 1, Pick 27: Tre'Davious White (CB) - LSU

SDS

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. Brady is going roast who ever is out there. It's been happening for the past 15+ years. We need to be able to do what we never can do. Outscore someone. In order to do that you need a QB along with a coach who values offense. We haven't had either in a long time.

Um only two teams scored more TDs than the Bills this year going into week 17 when TT sat, Atl and Saints. Scoring was NOT our problem. Yet, if you remove the fluke shutout against Pats missing Brady, Jimmy, and Gronk, we were 26th in the NFL in giving up points.

So clearly, preventing scores was a massively bigger problem than scoring this season. And we basically lost our only good WR for the bulk of the season as he basically played two games where he was sort of healthy. Yet still scored over 26 points per game in TT 15 starts, including 10 games over 25. Yet in the 15 games outside that fluke shutout, we gave up over 25 points per game.

So there's those pesky facts again...

PS: the last 2 seasons is the highest scoring 2 year period in bills history outside the first 3 SB years.

Edited by Alphadawg7

I got a page and a half into this thread and was infuriated. The Bills finally do something we always praise the Patriots for, trade down...acquire picks and pick a solid need player...then they get roundly criticized for not making a "sexy" pick and not acquiring more. Unbelievable.

We won the trade and made a great pick. On to day 2.

I got a page and a half into this thread and was infuriated. The Bills finally do something we always praise the Patriots for, trade down...acquire picks and pick a solid need player...then they get roundly criticized for not making a "sexy" pick and not acquiring more. Unbelievable.

:thumbsup:

I really feel like a lot of people are conveniently overlooking the additional picks when complaining about this pick. This is not a CB for CB swap. This is a CB swapped for a CB, a 1st, a 3rd, and a ton of saved money.

But that would require to use logic, rational thinking, and say something positive...all things that don't exist around here much.

This

lol, people hated it.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/178054-rd-2-pick-50-db-ronald-darby-florida-state/

But yes, rational people saw the point. Same here

Hey, I saw it there and was an early one to note it...

I'll stand by that it's not crazy to cycle DBs if committing to something else but i don't think we had cards land the best way possible this offseason

Like I've been saying-- good kid, talented and a need. Like adding picks but think we left something on the table looking at the offseason as a wider picture and don't think that's just using hindsight.

I can talk myself into most of the individual choices but don't think we maximized synergy between some of them

And remember one of the best defenses in the NFL did this. (For all those Foster fans)

A Darlington Tweet.

Man, how unimpressed must John Schneider be with Reuben Foster to not only pass on him at No. 31 -- but hand him over to a division rival?

Edited by MAJBobby

The only good thing about tonight is that they're in the drivers seat for a QB next year and hopefully Whaley won't be in the room.

I dont think hes doing anything in the room now:

There were several instances of Bills coach Sean McDermott using the word "I" instead of "we" when describing Buffalo's decisions in the draft Thursday night. McDermott at one point corrected himself by saying "we," but it served as another sign that GM Doug Whaley's role is diminished. Whaley has not spoken to reporters since the Senior Bowl in January.

Mike Rodak, ESPN Staff Writer

I really feel like a lot of people are conveniently overlooking the additional picks when complaining about this pick. This is not a CB for CB swap. This is a CB swapped for a CB, a 1st, a 3rd, and a ton of saved money.

You're letting facts cloud your judgement and temper an irrational, emotional response.

Amen.

Just matching your Hot Takes as usual

Yeah I mean he probably wasnt helped by you know the best safety to enter the draft this year that just so happened to you know have extreme make up speed to um you know bail white out um you know. I can tell you

Watched zero LSU football.

Yeah I mean he probably wasnt helped by you know the best safety to enter the draft this year that just so happened to you know have extreme make up speed to um you know bail white out um you know. I can tell you

Or i did and actually know what i saw. But hey its alright he is the ONLY CB to get beat deep on occasion

We got the #2 (according to PFF coverage grades) corner in the draft - a big need for us.

And we got an extra 1st round pick and 3rd round pick.

I call it a good day.

Here's PFF's summary:

• White’s coverage grade of 89.8 was the second-highest coverage grade for all draft eligible CBs.
  • White allowed a completion percentage of 41.7 percent on throws into his coverage in 2016.
  • He missed just five tackles in 2016, ranking in the top 21 percent of all cornerbacks with at least 500 defensive snaps.
  • With the loss of Stephon Gilmore in free agency, White is an important addition that is versatile enough to play both the slot and on the outside.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-bills-select-tredavious-white-with-27th-overall-pick/

Edited by hondo in seattle

There were several instances of Bills coach Sean McDermott using the word "I" instead of "we" when describing Buffalo's decisions in the draft Thursday night. McDermott at one point corrected himself by saying "we," but it served as another sign that GM Doug Whaley's role is diminished. Whaley has not spoken to reporters since the Senior Bowl in January.

It's a very strange situation that likely deserves its own thread

Or i did and actually know what i saw. But hey its alright he is the ONLY CB to get beat deep on occasion

Quick question did you see him get eat up in the senior bowl practices 1 on 1 guess who wasnt bailing him out???? Edited by Bill_with_it

Come on, what a crock of crap. Then say that about EVERY prospect on this draft. You think every one of the players didn't play with other talented people on the roster around them? To act like White had success because Adams bailed him out is absurd. The kid can ball.

We got the #2 (according to PFF coverage grades) corner in the draft - a big need for us.

And we got an extra 1st round pick and 3rd round pick.

I call it a good day.

Here's PFF's summary:

• Whites coverage grade of 89.8 was the second-highest coverage grade for all draft eligible CBs.
  • White allowed a completion percentage of 41.7 percent on throws into his coverage in 2016.
  • He missed just five tackles in 2016, ranking in the top 21 percent of all cornerbacks with at least 500 defensive snaps.
  • With the loss of Stephon Gilmore in free agency, White is an important addition that is versatile enough to play both the slot and on the outside.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-bills-select-tredavious-white-with-27th-overall-pick/

The few missed tackle stat alone makes this a great pick. Our secondary tackling has been atrocious.

Come on, what a crock of crap. Then say that about EVERY prospect on this draft. You think every one of the players didn't play with other talented people on the roster around them? To act like White had success because Adams bailed him out is absurd. The kid can ball.

Look I want saying he is incapable of playing cb, I wasinfering that maybe he isnt as good as his stats state because well he had the best safety in college football covering his back. Kind if like our dline a few years ago awesome when playing together but you put another player next to them and well not so much. Edited by Bill_with_it

We were going to take Lattimore at 10---which we would have loved...most of us myself included.

But we may have got the better of the two in White. Conley wasn't happening. And btw I'd draft another corner in round 2. King?

In addition we get a 3rd tomorrow and an extra first next year (the Chiefs are not making the playoffs---That pick will be 15-17 at worst.)

I think I'm good.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I mean he will have larger impact then last years number one =P

Marketable improvement IMO.

Look I want saying he is incapable of playing cb, I wasinfering that maybe he isnt as good as his stats state because well he had the best safety in college football covering his back. Kind if like our dline a few years ago awesome when playing together but you put another player next to them and well not so much.

Bills did sign a pretty good safety in FA, did they not?

Not only that, but we're the kings of taking DBs and RBs in the first. How's that gameplan working out?

My point exactly! A first round pick should be used on a player that a team can build around and that has the potential to be on your team for 10+ years, vice four or five. Constantly recycling first round draft picks every four to five years has gotten the Bills nowhere except draft in the same spots (on average between 8-13).

Pretty simple, this coach is not drafting you unless your a boy scout.

I don't dislike White but I cannot understand passing on Foster. LB a huge hole on this team and one of the hardest positions to fill in FA. It could have been one amazing night lucking into Foster. Instead we got a pick at 27 that should be around 27 - so I guess that 3rd round pick better be real good. We're going to watch Foster for a very long time with nothing but regret. I now feel like McDermott is in over his head a little bit on the personnel side. He's a good coach and I'm happy to have him but he needs to learn to be a head coach first - instead of taking on everything.

He'll learn a valuable lesson tonight when he sees he got in his own way.

McDermott needs to learn that there is no 'I' in team.

Such a reach. Could of got a better corner in 2nd or 3rd even

Stats say he was the toughest CB to complete a pass against in college. Intelligent, not mouthy or flashy, no character questions, and possibly the best CB the Bills have had in years. Some "reach."

Yeah your right he wont play against nfl talent in the nfl what was i thinking?

Yeah thats right Senior Bowl Practices trump his game tape. All the time. Would have been a 1st last year as a Junior as well. But hang everyone on Senior Bowl Practices

Edited by MAJBobby