Pats sign Gillislee to offer sheet

Let's see , they get a 5th round pick for a back up running back ?

That's a great deal. They turned a waiver wire pickup into a 5th

Faulty logic. Tom Brady was a 6th round pick so I guess if they trade him for a 4th rounder they turned a 6th rounder into a 4th. Great deal.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the Pats are seriously overpaying for the guy. Should the Bills do the same?

I'm not sure of the rules but do they have to exactly match the offer or put a deal together that's better?

Yes, they have to match it or let him go. A 2nd round tender would have cost $2.7M and any team would have to surrender a 2nd rounder to sign him. They used the original round tender at $1.7M so the team that signs him only has to surrender their pick from that round (5th in his case). Now if they want MG it is 2 years and $6.4M (or whatever the offer sheet was).

I know I may sound like a broken record at this point, but people should read this if they haven't yet: http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/patriots-still-reaping-rewards-seymour-deal .

My point is that we need to think about who we're dealing with here.

Also, as for those mocking the length of this thread and saying that it wouldn't be nearly as long as if SF were the suitor, no sh*t. The reason it's a big deal is the other party--the party that has dominated the Bills for over a decade and a half.

Edited by dave mcbride

Yes, they have to match it or let him go. A 2nd round tender would have cost $2.7M and any team would have to surrender a 2nd rounder to sign him. They used the original round tender at $1.7M so the team that signs him only has to surrender their pick from that round (5th in his case). Now if they want MG it is 2 years and $6.4M (or whatever the offer sheet was).

Then let NE overpay for a year

I know I may sound like a broken record at this point, but people should read this if they haven't yet: http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/patriots-still-reaping-rewards-seymour-deal .

Also, as for those mocking the length of this thread and saying that it wouldn't be nearly as long as if SF were the suitor, no sh*t. The reason it's a big deal is the other party--the party that has dominated the Bills for over a decade and a half.

Belichick is the best. I don't see anyone questioning that.

Just stop it. You have no idea if that is true or not. I agree with your thoughts on the D last year. You have a new young defensive minded HC that will improve that. They have brought receivers in despite you saying they have none. The best FB in the league.

I hope MG gets signed too, but if you honestly think that's a season breaker you're just being ridiculous.

You can easily explain why each mistake along the way is no big deal, but lots and lots of little mess ups add up over time and mean a lot.

It's free agency. Guys move around. You think the Pack is happy that Hyde left?

Not allowed to talk about anything the Bills did right, only about how the Bills will lose a backup RB and gain a draft pick... Oh wait you don't talk about the draft pick b.c that is positive.

Okay, honest question here. The Patriots do not have a 2nd or 1st round pick. If we were to have put a 2nd round tender on Gilly could they have even made an offer?

Not a chance, IMO. Whaley made the same mistake 2 years in a row & Belichick just couldn't resist pouncing.

Save your breath, friend. They aren't going to hear it.

Yeah, who can understand how they handle finances at OBD.

Good thing they promoted Overdorf because the formula must be complicated.

An injured, proven-nothing Jordan Poyer is worth 4 years $14M to HOPEFULLY lose a starting FS job to a more promising player.......and MG can't get a one year, second round tender? :doh:

Maybe he can get a job with McCoy when he does radio this year, right?

You are a MF dumb ass for saying that. Whaley is hated because he is very poor at what he does for a living, not because of the color of his skin.

He was just wondering, not saying it was factual. Or provable. And because rational people don't think he is "very poor" at what he does for a living, it makes some of us wonder if in fact race might not play a big part in how Whaley is criticized around WNY.

Oh, you might want to think through feeling hatred towards DW. Pretty strong emotions you're feeling there, considering we're talking about a silly part of life, sports fandom. Hardly seems like it should bring up feelings of hatred.

@salsports

According to Over The Cap, there are only two teams paying their 2nd highest paid RB more than $2M/year. Eagles and Jets. (Both $3.6M+)

The Bills are a running team (1st in the league), so should concentrate talent there. Passing game is anemic-- certainly can't depend on it to lead the offense.