Pats sign Gillislee to offer sheet

The results speak for themselves with this organization. The bashing on their management is year round, by every sports source.

And until we get a good qb it's not going to change. If Whaley can get us a bonafide starting qb every sports source will change its tune. Talent level of the team hasn't been the issue the last 4 seasons. Qb play and coaching has been. if he doesn't get one of the 2 right, he will fail. He doesn't fail at filling holes and signing players. He's very good at it.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And until we get a good qb it's not going to change. If Whaley can get us a bonafide starting qb every sports source will change its tune. Talent level of the team hasn't been the issue the last 4 seasons. Qb play and coaching has been. if he doesn't get one of the 2 right, he will fail. He doesn't fail at filling holes and signing players. He's very good at it.

The defense has been the main problem with this team under Ryan. An average defense and we make the playoffs in 2016.

Just to be clear if the Bills let him walk it isn't because their hands are tied by the cap. They have PLENTY of money to sign him. It is because they don't think that he is worth that and/or don't want him for 2 years.

The issue isn't "now they can't afford him" it is that they had an opportunity to get him cheaper by offering a higher tender or guaranteed short-term deal. Now they are reacting to what has happened. They lost control of his market which didn't have to happen.

Bolded for importance.

WRT the last line, it's a risk you take. It worked out in the Groy situation. Make your original offer, let another team negotiate for you so you arent negotiating against yourself, then make a decision when you see the offer. They still have some control.

Freak out?

Apathetic is more like it.

They'll keep spinning the wheels until Pegula gets some real football people in here.

Exactly. Until Pegs finally wakes up, hope for the best, expect the worst, and laugh at the usual suspects.

Dont get me wrong, I would have loved, LOVED to re-sign TD Mike. I know he was a valuable and even integral part of the team. I dont mean to take anything away from his talent.

But I'm not going to get worked up about our backup RB, when we are entering a new season with a new coaching staff (especially on the Offensive side of the ball), and the draft hasnt even happened yet.

I'd rather see some balance brought to the O, and our passing game improve to where we dont have to worry about the backup RB.

Reading some posts here, I wouldnt have been that upset about Kenny Davis leaving!

Kenny Davis was good......not as good as what MG has been......even relative to his era......but he also wasn't as integral to his teams success because that team had talent across the board.

MG is really just another of the Bills mounting talent losses.

That's the greater issue.......they've taken some SERIOUS personnel steps backward........Whaley is really going to have to start sh*tting rainbows to avoid the torch and pitchfork teatment this year.

The defense has been the main problem with this team under Ryan. An average defense and we make the playoffs in 2016.

How can we even have an average defense after Whaley lost so many good players? You said we lost we have no depth, no cb, no WRs, no back up rbs and we're in cap hell. Whaley is going to have to fill those holes or use players that he drafted to fill those holes. Is tyrod THAT good?

How can we even have an average defense after Whaley lost so many good players? You said we lost we have no depth, no cb, no WRs, no back up rbs and we're in cap hell. Whaley is going to have to fill those holes or use players that he drafted to fill those holes. Is tyrod THAT good?

The facts are that the offense was good enough to make the playoffs last season. The defense was not. And now we have lost more talent this season.Once again, TT is the least of this team's problems.

Just to be clear if the Bills let him walk it isn't because their hands are tied by the cap. They have PLENTY of money to sign him. It is because they don't think that he is worth that and/or don't want him for 2 years.

The issue isn't "now they can't afford him" it is that they had an opportunity to get him cheaper by offering a higher tender or guaranteed short-term deal. Now they are reacting to what has happened. They lost control of his market which didn't have to happen.

Yeah, who can understand how they handle finances at OBD.

Good thing they promoted Overdorf because the formula must be complicated.

An injured, proven-nothing Jordan Poyer is worth 4 years $14M to HOPEFULLY lose a starting FS job to a more promising player.......and MG can't get a one year, second round tender? :doh:

a higher tender would have cost them more

It makes sense to let him go and take the pick if you are rebuilding.

Bills also paying a bridge QB 30 million over 2 years with 8.5 dead cap if they release next year.

Bills have no plan. They are just doing random things.

Na.

Whaley is from Pittsburgh we're good.

.....better let Overdorf know YOU reassigned his duties to Whaley....................

Bills promote Overdorf to senior VP in minor restructuring

• Associated Press
  • Published: Jan. 31, 2008 at 11:34 a.m.
  • Updated: July 26, 2012 at 08:17 p.m.

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Jim Overdorf was promoted to Buffalo Bills senior vice president of football administration, giving him control over contract negotiations and salary cap decisions.

lol...

This team is worse right now, than one year ago Indy.

Just stop it. You have no idea if that is true or not. I agree with your thoughts on the D last year. You have a new young defensive minded HC that will improve that. They have brought receivers in despite you saying they have none. The best FB in the league.

I hope MG gets signed too, but if you honestly think that's a season breaker you're just being ridiculous.