Gillislee visits Pats

I think someone near the beginning of the thread got it right. This sounds like NE putting the screws to Buffalo and putting pressure on Blount to sign his offer at the same time. Blount is still out there. So is AP in case NE is trying to put another superbowl run together. And when is the last time NE paid up big $$ for any RB?

I'll hate it if I'm wrong because I think Buffalo really should keep Gillislee, but I really don't see NE making an offer for him that the Bills aren't going to match. Blount played in NE last year on a 1 yr / $1mil contract. I just don't see NE offering some sort of 5 year $20mil deal for Gillislee...

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get what you're saying, and I agree that the crusade on Whaley is tiresome, but surely you can't be serious about depth.

We often blame our record on injuries and every year we end up playing games with inadequate starters at key positions because no one is "ready" to step up. I would argue that WR depth was TSW's favorite excuse for losses last season. We consistently neglect to groom our depth players into starter positions like better teams. We've had plenty of young safeties the last two or three years, and none of them emerged as anything.

The problem with evaluating this team is that the Rex Ryan hiring was so bad that it makes everything else seem inconsequential. I have no idea how to judge this roster or this coaching staff. When Marrone left it seemed like we had a great defensive roster and had a wonderful opportunity to bring in a solid coach and continue on with the plan. Bringing in Rex did not just ruin our team on the field, but on paper as well. If Whaley had a plan it was reversed. Our roster regressed and the team made terribly short-sided decisions.

Good post all around, but the italicized is where I am at also.

Now get some WRs and Safeties a LB. then think about RB in the Fifth. Its a tradition

Checkmate. :lol:

we should all take notice when BillsVet scores to end the overtime.

Well done. Whether i agree or not doesn't matter.

Great swing and hit !

I like the player but the Bills have much more pressing needs. Karlos and Gilly both ran for a high YPC and touchdown percentage while spelling Shady. They just used a draft pick last year on Williams and with the depth of the RB position in this years draft, they can scoop up a roster worthy UDFA.

Edited by Commonsense

If the Patriots signed Gillislee would we get the Patriots' 163rd pick or 183rd pick?

I'm not sure but I think the pick would come from the 2018 draft. Free agency period goes past the draft so I think they would have any picks involved be for next year.

Anybody else know about this?

I'm not sure but I think the pick would come from the 2018 draft. Free agency period goes past the draft so I think they would have any picks involved be for next year.

Anybody else know about this?

it is 2017 draft. Deadline on an offer sheet to an RFA is 4/21. Bills then would have 5 days to match. Then draft is 4/27. Edited by YoloinOhio

Likewise I'm shocked to see you defending Whaley again. But you well know the TT acquisition was pushed by Rex while Whaley that off-season talked up EJM. Besides touchdown to interception ratio is still not wins and losses. Still, you push the narrative the GM wanted real competition for his 1st round pick.

Would Doug Whaley still have his job in 31 other front offices after 4 years of no playoffs? Because according to my research only one current general manager has gone that long without making the playoffs. And that is Dave Caldwell in Jacksonville, who now reports to Tom Coughlin.

The apologist tour...still running on funes...continues on!

I'm not sure how you interpreted "he has been okay" as an apologist tour? The team has improved since he became the GM and is .500 over the last 3 seasons. That, by definition, is average. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Good old "Whales." The teflon GM. It's not his fault the fans are skeptical after all these years, 4 of which with him as GM. Or that he couldn't hire the last 3 HC's. Or that his drafts were pedestrian and included ill-advised trades up. Or that Overdorf signed those bad contracts. Or that they were limited in cap dollars because of the big spending in '15. Or that his QB didn't work out. Or that there were injuries to Watkins, Lawson, et al.

But look over there...we signed Lorenzo Alexander and Zack Brown! :lol:

He isn't totally at fault. But he shares in a large part of the blame, because he's the GM. The Whaley apology tour has lost a lot of its luster, particularly after that end of season PC.

the fire whaley now and whaley is the worst gm in the league tour has lost a lot of its luster.

Hes now getting blamed for a chance at losing a good player he found which if we did lose would recieve compensation.

just the next person on the chopping block