Gillislee visits Pats

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Gillislee, but Karlos was the stud opposite Shady the year before and RBs these days (unless it's Zeke or AP) are a dime a dozen....if TD Mike goes to Pats, and Bills receive a 5th in exchange - do you really think they can't Draft a RB in the 5th with that pick that can be a good alternate to Shady?? Karlos was a 5th round pick, Gillislee is obviously a 5th round pick....do we see a pattern here? I would like him NOT to go to the Pats, but their RBs are not the big threat: Brady and receivers are....so while I like him, I don't see the giant panic on this board with losing him for the reasons I mentioned above...but that's just IMHO of course.

Gilly has always produced when given the opportunity. I was excited for Karlos too but he was the talk around town because he was a rookie that scored some td's back to back. Outside of the td's he wasnt getting much done. This also led to Gil's production to be overlooked.

Gilly was able to step in after one of the best Backs in the league took a breather and the drop off wasn't that huge.

Not saying he's even remotely as talented as McCoy but the guy is really good and I'd hate to see him go. Especially to the Pats.

I like Gillislee, but Karlos was the stud opposite Shady the year before and RBs these days (unless it's Zeke or AP) are a dime a dozen....if TD Mike goes to Pats, and Bills receive a 5th in exchange - do you really think they can't Draft a RB in the 5th with that pick that can be a good alternate to Shady?? Karlos was a 5th round pick, Gillislee is obviously a 5th round pick....do we see a pattern here? I would like him NOT to go to the Pats, but their RBs are not the big threat: Brady and receivers are....so while I like him, I don't see the giant panic on this board with losing him for the reasons I mentioned above...but that's just IMHO of course.

Despite how many times it gets repeated, I don't believe RBs a "dime a dozen." Just like any other position, some RBs are clearly better - and help their team more - than others. RBs are not as valued as they once were. But the talent bell-curve is still the talent bell-curve. And we're blessed with two guys at the right end of it.

The KW-MG pattern is either a result of (1) dumb luck, or (2) good RB scouting. I hope it's the latter but fear it's more the former. I personally wouldn't bet on us having continued success drafting talented RBs in the 5th round.

When your team doesn't have a lot of good things going for it, you hate to screw up the few things that are working. The Shady-MG combo was awfully effective last year. It produced a lot of yards with a healthy ypc. I'd prefer to keep both of those two.

Edited by hondo in seattle

not TD Mike, please not TD Mike. Not to the Patriots, i couldn't take it.

Really? The guy that doesn't know the rules? I don't want a dumbass on my team.

5.7 ypc average, best in the NFL last year. Go watch our home Miami game, fastest man on the field.

He and Zeke Elliot are the only two guys that consistently get around the outside and up the sidelines. Maybe Jamaal Charles. That sets up the cutback nicely.

Whaley's low tender was a ballsy move, he used it to set a benchmark for negotiations like he did with Groy. They'll work it out to $2m per year with incentives.

It takes a whole team to get rushing yards. Put any one-cut back in there and he will look good too.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/01/01/jets-bills-mike-gillislee-kickoff-touchdown

Edited by Marcel99bigdee

Gilmore doesn't fit into that category. I like the odd underdog though I won't deny. And Hogan and TD Mike both appealed to that.

That's funny .. I've never considered Gillislee an underdog. He was a big time recruit and pretty good college RB who kind of underachieved with Miami. Took better advantage of his opportunity in Buffalo. Edited by YoloinOhio

The Pats have James White, Dion Lewis and Rex Burkhead...

This seems like, imo a pressure play to get Blount to sign.

I like Gilly but if he leaves it won't keep me up at night. There are a decent number of quality college rbs in this draft. As others have pointed out, Mike went in the 5th.

and they also brought in RFA Damien Williams from Miami who is a better ST player and would cost them less and no draft pick, if they really couldn't sign Blount (they will).

and they also brought in RFA Damien Williams from Miami who is a better ST player and would cost them less and no draft pick, if they really couldn't sign Blount (they will).

With the FA RB market starting with AP, Blount has to know he is not going to get PAID by another team. Settle for SB rings, lots of other guys would do the same. Even AP said he'd consider it. You're right YOLO, he's going nowhere.

I have a feeling it's a Patriots intel meeting, as it was also reported that Mike was working out with the team earlier in the week. Hopefully he doesn't spill anything about the new staff to the enemy.

People still think this happens? So he shows up and just tells them everything he knows about the Bills offense and leaves? Even though he knows less about Denison's offense the Belicheck certainly does.

People still think this happens? So he shows up and just tells them everything he knows about the Bills offense and leaves? Even though he knows less about Denison's offense the Belicheck certainly does.

Exactly man, what good would it do for him? Nada.. now if he was signed and we had the same OC, then it's a possibility. 17 years out the playoffs has this fan base paranoid. The realization that we are in this position because we haven't been good enough is a tough pill to swallow for some.

Seems to me Whaley is damn good at finding 5th round gems at the RB position.

i don't think Pats are giving up a pick but if they do, this RB draft is particularly robust and you would be swapping a 26 year old backup for a 21 year old on a cheap deal. Typically the way to go with the RB position. I think the Bills are going to sign a UDFA regardless and likely would use that extra 5th (they would have 3) to trade back into the 4th. Still doubt the Pats make this move, and unless they way overpay Mike (makes no sense given the RBs they already have) the Bills can always match like they did with Groy and let the Pats do their work for them. Edited by YoloinOhio