Gillislee visits Pats

Please no. They keep taking my favourite Bills.

We don't really know the Pats level of interest........but like I said in the orignially Gillislee thread......if a team was seriously interested in Gillislee and wanted to secure him and get the best possible long-term deal done.......the wise move was to patiently wait until late in the process when the Bills thought they had the deal done cheap......then put a better offer in and add some emotion to the Bills decision whether to match.

That's how you work a fool.....and you KNOW the Pats think the Bills are fools......no doubt about it....... just good business. :devil:

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gillislee's agent probably wants his extension done before the draft because if the Bills lands an RB they like better the offer could go away. Last minute nudging. That's why the report came out about the extension getting down within next two weeks.

I dont get what people are upset about. Hogan wanted to play somewhere else. It just happened that the Pats gave him a big offer that the Bills had no interest in matching. I read somewhere that the Bills gave an offer to MG. He is going to use offers from other teams to estimate his worth, then Bills will match it if there is an offer and all will be well again.

There is no reason for the Bills to be cheap here. TD Mike has played great for us and might be the top backup RB in the league. We have lots of cap room right now.

How much cap room do you think the Bills have? Depending who which players make up the top 51, the Bills have less than 10 mil in cap space.

How much cap room do you think the Bills have? Depending who which players make up the top 51, the Bills have less than 10 mil in cap space.

will be about 6 mill - - after rookies, and before AW post June 1 savings

@salsports

The Bills have 71 players under contract and just under $10.8M in available salary cap space, according to NFLPA's public salary cap report.

Since only the top-51 contracts count in offseason about $4.8M will be needed for drafted rookie contract

Edit: Sal corrected this - rookies will count for about 3 mill not 4.8, Bills should have a shade under 8 mill in space after rookies.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Gillislee' agent is just trying to put pressure on Bills with the extension, imo, and Pats trying to pressure on L. Blount on their current negotiations.

Hope you're right. Shady is is not guaranteed to stay healthy all year. If we don't get TD Mike signed, we're screwed.

5.7 ypc average, best in the NFL last year. Go watch our home Miami game, fastest man on the field.

He and Zeke Elliot are the only two guys that consistently get around the outside and up the sidelines. Maybe Jamaal Charles. That sets up the cutback nicely.

Whaley's low tender was a ballsy move, he used it to set a benchmark for negotiations like he did with Groy. They'll work it out to $2m per year with incentives.

Gillislee always looks super fast out there because he comes in after shady wears out the Defense

They got hands on their hips and then TD Mike comes in at 100%

He's got burst but he isn't the fastest player on our offense let alone team

Love his game tho

Good to know he is good at something.

He sucks at scrap heap free agents too!! He only had 2 of them go to the Pro Bowl last year. Whaley is so bad at his job!! I can't believe he brought us Maybin!!! The day he gets fired McDermott will be terrible at his, then it will be the next GM, etc... Someone needs to be accountable for the last 17 years!!!!!!!

With the amount of draft picks the Patriots have already given up this offseason (IIRC I don't think they are even picking until the 3rd or 4th round, which is very unusual since Belichick LOVES his draft picks), I don't see them giving up another pick to sign Gillislee.

And even if they did actually sign Gillislee, I don't see it being to an offer the Bills couldn't/wouldn't match.

He sucks at scrap heap free agents too!! He only had 2 of them go to the Pro Bowl last year. Whaley is so bad at his job!! I can't believe he brought us Maybin!!! The day he gets fired McDermott will be terrible at his, then it will be the next GM, etc... Someone needs to be accountable for the last 17 years!!!!!!!

We are going into year five with him as GM and this roster is still full of holes and lacks good depth. He's part of why this playoff drought continues.

So no one is accountable then. Just horrible bad luck. I see.

Edited by JM2009