we could have drafted gronk

Omg... Poor Gronk if that happened.

He has such an excellent life because of his fit with Brady and the Pats. On the Bills and their ever revolving door of qb's he would probably be super overpayed fan favorite (relative unknown to the NFL world) and underachieving just like every other receiving talent on the Bills.

Edited by likei've

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree on the defense but the offense had the ball for 19 minutes, scored 17 points and had 370 yards of offense. Started the last drive on their own 10 yd line with no timeouts and moved into FG range.

not converting 3rd downs hurt them but you are correct. just all around great game plan by Parcells and BB, as hard as it is to admit it.

And we blew it on Torell Troupe. We should have shot at OJ Howard, the best TE prospect in years, who will work well in this offense. I hope we don't blow it again for a chance at the 2nd or 3rd best CB, safety or LB.

Not defending the pick but you have to agree half of what makes Gronk Gronk is Brady throwing to him. Gronk as a Bill would have ended up another injury-prone bust and we would argue for years if he was a Nix or Whaley wasted pick.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

What is the sound of one hand clapping?

Would Gronk still be Gronk if he were a Bill, and Tyrod rarely saw him or threw the ball to him?

What if Norwood made the kick? How many Superbowls would have gone to, and how many would we have won?

How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?

And we blew it on Torell Troupe. We should have shot at OJ Howard, the best TE prospect in years, who will work well in this offense. I hope we don't blow it again for a chance at the 2nd or 3rd best CB, safety or LB.

We also could have drafted Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Darrell Revis, Haloti Ngata, Clay Matthews, Russell Wilson...

I hope the days of the Bills not drafting the right players are over with.

I'm sure this board would have loved Gronk with being able to complete a full season just twice in his 7 year career because of injuries.

Great point. Gronk has been a hall of fame level player when he is on the field. Of course Brady makes him better, but I think he would have been really good anywhere. The guy is a beast.

With that said, Gronk wouldn't be Gronk without Brady. If Gronk played elsewhere he would be labeled an injury prone talent who isn't on the field enough to help his team win. He is given a free pass because he plays on a team that wins Super Bowls without him. Any other team would suffer from him not being on the field enough. It doesn't impact the Pats enough to stop them from winning. This allows him the luxury of showing up at Fenway Park on opening day to celebrate another title that he didn't play a big part in. This allows the fans to stay in love with him.