Who is still mad we tanked the Jets game?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would Vince Lombardi have played to lose?

I get the pragmatist's approach but...

I saw Rex laughing with someone on the sideline in a lopsided loss last year and it bugged me. Winners never think losing is funny. Winners never think losing is okay.

I always find it sad when losing teams pretend like they're winners through some token "moral victory." Moral victories are what losers prop themselves up with so they can sleep at night. This was a losing team, they laid goose-eggs at huge moments in games and rarely ever rose to the occasion all. You expect me to all of a sudden believe some hypothetical meaningless stand in week 17 has actual significance? A loser is a loser. That team was Rex to a t - all flash no substance. I'm glad we stuck EJ out there and got an earlier pick.

There was a 1-3% chance of making the playoffs at that point and we weren't mathematically eliminated yet. And I still was ok with tanking. What I really want to know what is where was the crazy accurate EJ Manual that wowed me in that Sports Science segment on ESPN that had me celebrating when we drafted him?

Not the last game. we are 7-8 in reality.

No. If we had hung on and beat Miami like we should have, we were still in it at the beginning of the Jets game.

Shirley you jest.

Mathematically yes if you consider 5% "in" it.

In all reality they were out of it weeks prior. I believe 10 wins were needed.

Miami and Jets = just 2 not the 3 needed.

You don't bench your starter after he had the best game of his career. You play to win. the game counted. And why would anyone need that game to see what EJ had? he is terrible.

EJ is gone. Winning!!!!

That last game was meaningless. Nothing would have improved WRT Taylors standing IMO.

We've won some last games of the season and lost more of the same in the last 17 years.

I guess I couldn't have possibly cared less whether they won or lost it because a few draft slots havenn't meant diddly squat in quite some time.

Hell, I used to love when we continually picked 27th.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

Well maybe in some small way the game helped to keep Todd Bowles around for the Jets.

Most Jet fans will tell you he's the worst coach they remember and believe it or not they miss Rex.

They've forgotten about Rich Kotite?

Im not mad, I am however saddened that Whaley continued to hos wits end to play a busted first round Qb when it was clear we werent picking up his option and he had zero trade value as he would be a free agent.

So, should we just pay Tyrod the money we don't owe him and fail to turn our draft card in at 10?

Im not mad, I am however saddened that Whaley continued to hos wits end to play a busted first round Qb when it was clear we werent picking up his option and he had zero trade value as he would be a free agent.

So you were in favor of playing an injured Taylor in a meaningless game?

So, should we just pay Tyrod the money we don't owe him and fail to turn our draft card in at 10?

Nope there was a third option let our rookie qb who hasnt shown to be a complete bust take the reigns for the complete game and not traught a busted qb out there because our GMs ego is the size of the titanic.

So you were in favor of playing an injured Taylor in a meaningless game?

Nope never stated that. I was in favor of not trotting out a completely busted qb in EJ, however, a qb that hasnt shown that he is a complete bust in CJ.

Why do people forget that? The guy needed surgery!

Right why do people forget that we had 3 qbs on the roster?

Cardale did eventually play, and best not to mess him up unless we are just going to hand off. EJ was arguably the best chance to win, as a vet who's played in games that count. He was not some raw guy everyone agrees needed a few years to get ready to play QB in the NFL - or maybe even college! EJ is just is not good, as he proved. Do you recall Cardale's last year at OSU? You're just angry. I'm trying to be rational.

Edited by Augie