Who is still mad we tanked the Jets game?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The seconds leading up to kickoff of opening Sunday is one of my favorite moments of the year because then and there I have more Bills football to look forward to than at any other point.

Frankly, I'm tired of that puttering out in meaningless week 17 games, but when they're entertaining, like they were to close out 2015, it's a satisfying experience.

This season's debacle of a closer was a pathetic and disheartening way to limp across the finish line. I've never been less into an offseason than I am this year.

So am I happy we're up five slots? Yeah, sure. Why not? Did the exasperatingly deplorable manner in which that game unfolded (THE KICKOFF RECOVERED FOR THE TOUCHDOWN, THE KICKOFF RECOVERED FOR A TOUCHDOWN) have me teetering on an existential breakdown? You bet it did.

no, we won...

Jets got a worse draft pick and the Bills got a better one. In a game that didn't matter, that's all that mattered.

So we lost, because more salary cap will be taken up by paying a higher pick that, given the Bills track record of evaluating first-round talent, won't produce anyway.

Not me. I just stand by my assertion that the decision that had been made pre Pittsburgh should have been stuck to. Rex should have gone, Cardale should have started the final 3 and they should have been in evaluation mode.

This, all day!!!

You are what your record says you are.

Not the last game. we are 7-8 in reality.

Mad? I didn't give a ****.

the season ended weeks before

No. If we had hung on and beat Miami like we should have, we were still in it at the beginning of the Jets game.

I totally get wanting to try to win, but.....

* We got to see if EJ had improved

* EJ is gone

* Tyrod is staying at a reduced cost

* Tyrod did not further injure the groin causing complications

* The Bills draft earlier

* The Jets draft later

* We got to see a little Cardale

I'd say we won a lot by losing.

* EJ is gone

* The Jets draft later

You don't bench your starter after he had the best game of his career. You play to win. the game counted. And why would anyone need that game to see what EJ had? he is terrible.

I remember a lot of folks fuming mad we started EJ and lost the season finale last season. (ALynn's debut and finale as head coach.) Considering we'd be drafting 15th instead of 10th if we had won that game, how do you feel about it now. especially if you were mad when it happened? Would you rather be picking 15th on principle?

Hoping we still pick about 15th :thumbsup:

* EJ is gone

* The Jets draft later

I agree

So we lost, because more salary cap will be taken up by paying a higher pick that, given the Bills track record of evaluating first-round talent, won't produce anyway.

Yup and we pry lost a comp pick because of it