Who is still mad we tanked the Jets game?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or...OR..we get him some decent WR help, via Davis/Ross/Williams in the draft, we keep the offense together, and he does fine.

Or OR he throws for 111 yards with all his weapons and scores 7 points opening day.

Unless these weapons have a shock collar on him that forces him to speed up his processes it won't matter.

So you bench the clear cut best QB option when you are still in playoff contention?

After missing the playoffs for 16 years?

Really?

I think that's crazy talk.......but I think the new coach probably passes on Tyrod altogether without that Miami tape.

That tape illustrated what I've said about Tyrod since the beginning of 2015..........surround him with playmakers and he will put up points..........that was the closest he was all year to a healthy Watkins/Clay/Woods trio........even if Woods is less than ideal as a playmaker.

That's not what the tape says. The tape says the Bills - the team - will put up points. Not the QB, the team.

Again, points are not a QB stat. They are a team stat. More particularly a stat for the whole offence but overall a complete team stat. Particularly on a team that scored 29 TDs with the running game and 17 with the passing game ... in a league in which not one single other teams scored more running TDs than passing TDs.

And beyond that, yes with that injury and the clause that has us paying off his contract for injury it absolutely made sense to take Tyrod out. Particularly when our odds on making the playoffs were basically theoretical. It wasn't actually happening.

I'm still p!ssed at wide right.

I like this post.

Yeah, as you know, I'm a long-time close follower of college football and the draft and honestly the difference between picking 10th and 15th isn't anything special........on the whole I doubt the bust rate or impact is one bit different.

Most overrated avenue for acquiring talent is round 1.

Most overrated avenue ... but also the most productive. And that's a fact.

First, round one. Second, round two ....

And the difference between 10th and 15th is more choices. That's big. Not to mention more ability to trade downwards and collect more picks.

Most overrated avenue ... but also the most productive. And that's a fact.

First, round one. Second, round two ....

And the difference between 10th and 15th is more choices. That's big. Not to mention more ability to trade downwards and collect more picks.

Wrong.

Do you know many of their first rounders the Bills have on their roster since they passed on Drew Brees back at the beginning of their playoff drought?

Just 3.

Dareus, Watkins and Shaq.

That's f*cking it.

That is nearly 2 decades of mostly picking around 10th in round 1 year after year.

And YET.....despite almost nothing to show for ALL THOSE FIRST ROUND PICKS.... this team would be a SB contender if they had a franchise QB.........like, you know......Brees, for instance. :doh:

Point is that nailing first round picks doesn't ACTUALLY make a great deal of difference in the big picture.

Unless of course, it nets you a franchise QB.

And no, picking top 5 doesn't make it that much more likely to produce a SB winning QB.

Only 3 of the last 17 SB winners were lead by their very high first round pick QB........and all 3 times that QB was named Manning.

Brees, Brady, Roethlisberger, Rodgers, Flacco and Wilson.........none drafted earlier than when the Bills typically draft........and they passed on half of those guys in their respective drafts.

Edited by #BADOL

Yeah, as you know, I'm a long-time close follower of college football and the draft and honestly the difference between picking 10th and 15th isn't anything special........on the whole I doubt the bust rate or impact is one bit different.

Most overrated avenue for acquiring talent is round 1.

More than half of the franchise QBs currently in the NFL were taken in the first. Compared to 6 other rounds and UDFA. So no.

Edited by FireChan

Wrong.

Do you know many of their first rounders the Bills have on their roster since they passed on Drew Brees back at the beginning of their playoff drought?

Just 3.

Dareus, Watkins and Shaq.

That's f*cking it.

That is nearly 2 decades of mostly picking around 10th in round 1 year after year.

And YET.....despite almost nothing to show for ALL THOSE FIRST ROUND PICKS.... this team would be a SB contender if they had a franchise QB.........like, you know......Brees, for instance. :doh:

Point is that nailing first round picks doesn't ACTUALLY make a great deal of difference in the big picture.

Unless of course, it nets you a franchise QB.

And no, picking top 5 doesn't make it that much more likely to produce a SB winning QB.

Only 3 of the last 17 SB winners were lead by their very high first round pick QB........and all 3 times that QB was named Manning.

Brees, Brady, Roethlisberger, Rodgers, Flacco and Wilson.........none drafted earlier than when the Bills typically draft........and they passed on half of those guys in their respective drafts.

All of that is lovely. But off the point.

Itt doesn't affect the fact - and it's a stone cold fact - that teams get more starters and productive players from round one than round two. And more in round two than round three. And so on. Fact.

And yes, picking top five certainly DOES make it more likely that you'll get a franchise QB. It's not eight times more likely or anything, but yeah, it's more likely. And your Super Bowl thing is irrelevant. Winning the Super Bowl is a team thing, not a QB thing. Being competitive to win a Super Bowl has QB as a major factor. You need a franchise guy. But since there are 10 - 12 franchise guys in the league, winning the SB is a team thing among the teams with franchise QBs. The likelihood of getting a franchise guy improves the earlier he's picked. Fact.

You need a franchise QB. You're more likely to get one early in the first than anywhere else. And if you can't get one early in the first then get one a little later in the first, as that's the next most likely place, the place you pick up guys like Flacco, Ryan, Roethlisberger, Rodgers, etc. Heck, Brees was picked #32 as well.

I'm thinking of your post again, "most overrated avenue for acquiring talent is round 1."

I say this often, because it is a great analogy. It's like what Churchill said about democracy, "Democracy is the worst form of government except for all the others." Exactly.

And the first round is the worst and least consistent way to get talent. Except for all the others.

Edited by Thurman#1

Tyrod will not be benched this season perm for another player due to performance (this does not include injury which could happen to any player)......loser carries the shame in their signature line....deal?

He was supposed to be benched after the Steelers game for performance. Idk why you're acting like there's no possibility of it.

Take the over under bet and the spicy bold benched bet. Avatar and signature.

Or OR he throws for 111 yards with all his weapons and scores 7 points opening day.

Unless these weapons have a shock collar on him that forces him to speed up his processes it won't matter.

Is that with or without a busted rt, injured wr, and flawed gameplan?

That must be wrong because in that time the Mannings have won two each. So it has to be 4 surely?

EDIT: ah okay in the full context of the conversation about acquiring players I understand. Peyton with the Broncos doesn't count.

Edited by GunnerBill

I remember a lot of folks fuming mad we started EJ and lost the season finale last season. (ALynn's debut and finale as head coach.) Considering we'd be drafting 15th instead of 10th if we had won that game, how do you feel about it now. especially if you were mad when it happened? Would you rather be picking 15th on principle?

what jets game? :)

I wouldn't bet that TT gets benched by week 12 for performance w/o a proven NFL QB on the roster.

Lets hope McD can improve the D and if it does, Taylor's good stats should be sufficient.

to reiterate, I'm glad they lost.

It put an end to the EJM career in Buffalo and who knows what was saved by sitting the Bills starter and risking further injuring his groin injury or anything else trying some heroics to win a game where the only impact was the draft order.

More nonsense.

Here's a fork and a knife fanboy. Eat !

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/rex-ryan-in-jeopardy-of-losing-his-job-as-soon-as-this-week-as-is-tyrod-taylor/amp/

Facts > Emotions sir.

http://www.yardbarker.com/mobile/content/article/s1_12680_22862866

Block out the Tyrod suckitude out like a CoT boss, feel free to apologize anytime.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

The Bills have long been one of the NFL’s most dysfunctional franchises. It’s going to be interesting to see if this remains a trend under the Pegulas, who have owned the team a couple of years now.

Some won't see it until next year...