Zach Brown visiting Bills

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are there any updates from the Bills or Brown? I honestly didn't expect to hear his name associated with the Bills again. That he's back for another interview/, implies there's room to negotiate.. It's a been a couple days now and I haven't heard/read anything on the developments. Is he even still in the B-Lo?

No - he left. According to his agent, they want to take all his visits and then sit down and weigh everything.

Are there any updates from the Bills or Brown? I honestly didn't expect to hear his name associated with the Bills again. That he's back for another interview/, implies there's room to negotiate.. It's a been a couple days now and I haven't heard/read anything on the developments. Is he even still in the B-Lo?

Free agent LB Zach Brown is "exploring all options."

Brown has visited Buffalo, Miami and Oakland. He wasn't close on money with the Dolphins, but hasn't ruled out signing with any of the teams. 27-year-old Brown is the top linebacker remaining on the market.
Related: Raiders, Bills, Dolphins
Source: ESPN
Mar 22 - 6:14 PM

Free agent LB Zach Brown is "exploring all options."

Brown has visited Buffalo, Miami and Oakland. He wasn't close on money with the Dolphins, but hasn't ruled out signing with any of the teams. 27-year-old Brown is the top linebacker remaining on the market.
Related: Raiders, Bills, Dolphins
Source: ESPN
Mar 22 - 6:14 PM

In my experience as a hiring manager for a team of technical professionals, i can usually tell from a mile away if some is just shopping my offer. In at least half of those cases, i hear from them weeks later wanting to either negotiate or accept an offer that was already off the table. Those are the people who overvalue their market price, and as often as not, you're better off without them

In my experience as a hiring manager for a team of technical professionals, i can usually tell from a mile away if some is just shopping my offer. In at least half of those cases, i hear from them weeks later wanting to either negotiate or accept an offer that was already off the table. Those are the people who overvalue their market price, and as often as not, you're better off without them

That's why he changed agents.

At this point I would rather the Bills move on.

This will not end up well for whatever team he ends up with.

why wont it end up well for whoever gets him? Because he is exploring options in what is likely his last chance to get paid well as an NFL football player? I dont blame the guy at all...hes doing due diligence. Why would that affect his play on the field? Why cant he shop around, find his value and best fit, sign a contract and play really well?

I love how we, as fans, throw stones at guys who have their lives/careers/family well being on the line.

why wont it end up well for whoever gets him? Because he is exploring options in what is likely his last chance to get paid well as an NFL football player? I dont blame the guy at all...hes doing due diligence. Why would that affect his play on the field? Why cant he shop around, find his value and best fit, sign a contract and play really well?

I love how we, as fans, throw stones at guys who have their lives/careers/family well being on the line.

If I was looking at what is probably the last significant contract of my career, you can bet your sweet @SS I'm shopping around. And what you wrote in bold is 100% right.

Can't fault a guy for trying to maximize his salary. Can't blame the Bills for setting what they think is fair market value. Would like to see him stay, and just because he's not an All World player doesn't mean he wouldn't have value to the team.

Agreed. The moment a player start looking to potentially get a pay raise for a decent year when he is FA the knives get thrown by fans even though all of us in our own jobs would take more money if we had the option. Honestly if the Bills and Z Brown can find a contract that works for both then great. It plugs a hole for a year or two with decent LB play. If he goes that's fine but I hope that his production and play can be replaced. Since the early 2000s I think the one year I'd say our LB core was good was probably 2014. I would prefer to see that someday not to always be a liability as its shaping up to be again and with Brown leaving the odds.

Edited by corta765

Agreed. The moment a player start looking to potentially get a pay raise for a decent year when he is FA the knives get thrown by fans even though all of us in our own jobs would take more money if we had the option. Honestly if the Bills and Z Brown can find a contract that works for both then great. It plugs a hole for a year or two with decent LB play. If he goes that's fine but I hope that his production and play can be replaced. Since the early 2000s I think the one year I'd say our LB core was good was probably 2014. I would prefer to see that someday not to always be a liability as its shaping up to be again and with Brown leaving the odds.

I'd be ok seeing him back, and it's not a knock on a guy trying to maximize his income, but once someone overestimates their own market value...particularly if they're looking for double what the market will bear, then that's a problem with their ability to adequately parse reality. That's not just a salary issue, it tends to pop up elsewhere too

Already have Lorax, Preston, and Ragland. Where does Zach fit into this scheme?

ARe the Bills keeping the 3-4 or is Ragland going to take another year to come back?

I can see DW trading away Reggie to a LB needy team. We already have Preston and he earned the right to start at the Mike. Wonder what ole 59 would fetch us? A 3rd?? Edited by r00tabaga

ARe the Bills keeping the 3-4 or is Ragland going to take another year to come back?

Zach is better than all those options. Lorax will be a situational guy, and Preston is trash. Who knows about Ragland.

What is the difference between players that play with heart and give it their ALL most every game and those who half heartedly show up and half way through, check out?

One player goes to work for $$ and the other goes to work for the TEAM.

I'm pretty sure most fans would prefer that their team CARES about winning and that every player gives their all.

If any offer was even close to what Zach wanted, he would have grabbed it. NOW he is forced to SETTLE for LESS than he thinks he is worth.

THAT is where people feel taken advantage of and become resentful.

Honestly none of those guys strike me as scheme fits for McD's defense. The Cover-2 / Zone defense basically requires freaks at linebacker who can cover A LOT of field (Thomas Davis / Keuchley / Shaq Thompson are all slightly undersized for traditional linebackers but can really run). Zach is the closest to that model of the entire bunch, but he played in a somewhat similar scheme in Tennessee and really wasn't that successful. I really worry about overpaying him off his career year for a scheme he may not be great in. The real shame is Kiko and Bradham would likely have been pretty nice fits in McD's scheme, but Rex had no use for them.

Honestly none of those guys strike me as scheme fits for McD's defense. The Cover-2 / Zone defense basically requires freaks at linebacker who can cover A LOT of field (Thomas Davis / Keuchley / Shaq Thompson are all slightly undersized for traditional linebackers but can really run). Zach is the closest to that model of the entire bunch, but he played in a somewhat similar scheme in Tennessee and really wasn't that successful. I really worry about overpaying him off his career year for a scheme he may not be great in. The real shame is Kiko and Bradham would likely have been pretty nice fits in McD's scheme, but Rex had no use for them.

Had a solid season with the Eagles last year under Schwartz. I would have preferred him over P. Brown.