EJ Manuel signing with Raiders.

PIZ

You really don't think he's a top 90 or so qb?

I just think that people structure their QB depth chart in a certain way -starter, developmental guy and backup. He's probably top 90 overall but I don't think a team would prefer him to someone like Chad Kelly (for example). I'm not sure what role he fills? As an example if the Raiders draft Josh Dobbs (for example) they may think that EJ is more likely to help them today but Dobbs is a better use of the roster spot. Does that make sense?

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just think that people structure their QB depth chart in a certain way -starter, developmental guy and backup. He's probably top 90 overall but I don't think a team would prefer him to someone like Chad Kelly (for example). I'm not sure what role he fills? As an example if the Raiders draft Josh Dobbs (for example) they may think that EJ is more likely to help them today but Dobbs is a better use of the roster spot. Does that make sense?

Presumably he is signed to compete with Cook for the #2 job (McGloin has gone hasn't he?). If they think he is a more competent #2 at this stage than the 2nd year player he sticks and Cook remains their #3 developmental guy. If they don't he gets cut in August and Cook is the 2 and they probably don't carry 3 QBs.

Presumably he is signed to compete with Cook for the #2 job (McGloin has gone hasn't he?). If they think he is a more competent #2 at this stage than the 2nd year player he sticks and Cook remains their #3 developmental guy. If they don't he gets cut in August and Cook is the 2 and they probably don't carry 3 QBs.

That makes sense.

I'm not surprised, every first round QB not named JaMarcus Russell who doesnt work out with the team that drafted them, always gets a second chance. Hope he does well in life, but I also hope he is starting ifOakland plays Buffalo next year. We need all the help that we can get.