EJ Manuel signing with Raiders.

PIZ

Summed it up nicely.

EJM has made more money than anyone on this board, and has had a pretty charmed life in the world of athletics. He has been a star player from high school through college, likely having the kind of access to beautiful women that people on this board can only dream of. He pretty much held a clipboard for most of his career, and doesn't appear to have any injuries that will affect him when he exits.

So he didn't become a solid NFL starter, big deal. He will be just fine.

There's something to be said about EJ being a competitor his whole life. Even though yours is the proper perspective, it must've been tough for a kid who has been the guy his whole life basically to get discarded. Kudos to EJ he kept his head down and continued to work hard. EJM's character was too notch.

It didn't work out for EJM in Buffalo but I wish him good luck regardless. He always showed class.

His chances of seeing a playoff game went up by a large margin and for the people who hate EJ and refuse to let it go, that's going to be a stick in your craw.

Why would anyone care if a 3rd string QB saw a playoff game from the bench?

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would anyone care if a 3rd string QB saw a playoff game from the bench?

EJ was the backup these past 2 seasons, not a 3rd stringer. What he'll be with the Raiders is unknown.

Why would you pretend any different? Just like @ the BBMB people love to trash EJ relentlessly and this place seems no different. How can I tell? BBMBers don't have a lot of posts.

EJ was the backup these past 2 seasons, not a 3rd stringer. What he'll be with the Raiders is unknown.

Why would you pretend any different? Just like @ the BBMB people love to trash EJ relentlessly and this place seems no different. How can I tell? BBMBers don't have a lot of posts.

Okay. Why would anyone care if a backup made a playoff game sitting on the bench?

It didn't work out for EJM in Buffalo but I wish him good luck regardless. He always showed class.

His chances of seeing a playoff game went up by a large margin and for the people who hate EJ and refuse to let it go, that's going to be a stick in your craw.

That is an odd comment. Doubt anyone will care whether or not EJ is the backup on a playoff team.

why would anyone care? Why do people groan when they hear Rob Johnson got a SB ring?

I know I do.

did he play in the SB? Good for him for being on the team, but no, I never cared.

That is an odd comment. Doubt anyone will care whether or not EJ is the backup on a playoff team.

did he play in the SB? Good for him for being on the team, but no, I never cared.

Let's agree to disagree. From comments in this thread, it looks as if a few posters will be happy for EJ if his new team has success.

Does Striking a Chord = Caring?

I think most people are happy he's no longer wearing a Bills uni because he's not a good option at QB. Has nothing to do with him as a person, which everyone has acknowledged they wish him the best. If the Raiders make the playoffs and he's a depth QB I don't think it will register with me either way. It's been too long since he was the "Bills starting QB" to make a difference in my mind.

I think most people are happy he's no longer wearing a Bills uni because he's not a good option at QB. Has nothing to do with him as a person, which everyone has acknowledged they wish him the best. If the Raiders make the playoffs and he's a depth QB I don't think it will register with me either way. It's been too long since he was the "Bills starting QB" to make a difference in my mind.

It's no different than if a guy like Thad saw the playoffs as backup at this point.

He is a classic example of how to handle yourself in the face of adversity. I am one of the biggest EJ critics. That said, he handled himself as a professional and showed the league the caliber of character he has as a person and a player and has earned the right to continue to play in the NFL.

I doubt that EJ will make their final roster. Imo he is that bad, but I don't wish him any bad things. He did try; I just do not think that he is an NFL level qb.

This.

Though wouldn't it be something if EJ beat out the BB certified QB named Connor Cook for a roster spot)

I doubt that EJ will make their final roster. Imo he is that bad, but I don't wish him any bad things. He did try; I just do not think that he is an NFL level qb.

Using a first round pick on him was an indictment on our scouting department's ability to evaluate qbs. He was a third or fourth round talent who was selected in the first round because he had prototypical size for his position. What a dumb way to evaluate his position! How much more superficial can you get? Russell Wilson didn't have prototypical size but he was a good qb prospect. How can this over-matched organization find a good qb when it doesn't know how to evaluate the position?

why would anyone care? Why do people groan when they hear Rob Johnson got a SB ring?

I know I do.

i'm always blown away when someone brings up a sb ring for johnson. the guy was useless, and other than being able to see a sb from the sidelines, nothing interesting has ever happened with that guy.

former bills that "accomplish" something as another teams backup doesn't do a thing for me personally. i'm not bashing ej or anything, but it's always struck me as weird.