EJ Manuel signing with Raiders.

PIZ

I'd love to know what kind of audition/try-out the Raiders gave him?

their OC is Todd Downing, who is very familiar with EJ from being his QB coach in 2014 and I think also coached him in senior bowl as I recall. So may or may not have actually had to work out for them. Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm always blown away when someone brings up a sb ring for johnson. the guy was useless, and other than being able to see a sb from the sidelines, nothing interesting has ever happened with that guy.

former bills that "accomplish" something as another teams backup doesn't do a thing for me personally. i'm not bashing ej or anything, but it's always struck me as weird.

Robbery Johnson was useless.

I feel good for starters who decent Bills players who get a SB ring. (even those who went to the Pats) I groan at the others who weren't.

Robbery Johnson was useless.

I feel good for starters who decent Bills players who get a SB ring. (even those who went to the Pats) I groan at the others who weren't.

i certainly don't mind hogan getting a ring. he certainly contributed towards it. as long as the guy was civil towards the bills, i can never fault. i'm sure it's not the easiest job to play for this team, so when someone get the opportunity to move forward, i can't blame them. it's the mcgahees of the world that need to get run over by a bus.

Oh my god...does this mean? It's finally over? For good? I knew this day would come, but I couldn't actually picture in my mind how wonderful it would be. No more EJ threads! The last 4 years felt like 30 but thank god it's over. See ya bud.

Not likely, folks have a tendency to track and bash ex-Bills (Donte Whitner, Jairus Bird, Poz, Kiko...).

here we are late in the fourth qtr of this key conference game between the raiders and bills. its a thriller folks and playoff spots are on the line. raiders ball, trailing by six, third and eleven at the twenty-four, nine seconds left, ej manuel in for the injured carr. ejs in shotgun, heres the snap ... ej fakes the handoff, looking ..., uh oh looks like theyve got him ... no, he breaks free to the right, crabtree is moving across the middle to his left, manuel fires across his body ... touchdown!! raiders win! raiders win!

3e59df8573cc438c72eb488144252fa7.jpg

Edited by Meathead

Wait a minute. A lot of people said he was worse than every 3rd stringer in the league. and they have Connor Cook.

Please don't.

You wanna know the most brutal truth in all of this?

The Raiders might actually have a shot at the Superbowl the next 1-2 years ...which means...

EJ Manuel might win a Super Bowl ring while Kyle Williams never gets to see the playoffs his entire career. :sick:

So, now the snarky and mean-spirited thread asking whether any team had even contacted EJ about a try-out can be replaced with snarky and mean-spirited comments about how every team needs a camp arm.

Just like the daily routine at the defunct BBMB.

In some responses I was told people don;t care and yet ..... they seem to care a lot.

EJ's gone. Next Man Up.

Bills reached for him in first round because they didn't have a QB, and that old GM wanted to PICK a QB before he left. And his first coach instead of defending, deflecting and nurturing him yanked him for a vet QB who clearly DIDN'T want to play and start thus screwing both of them up.

He wasn't a finished product coming out, but expectations here have been at STUPID levels. Every knew right off he wasn't going to be a HOF QB. We had one. He STILL didn't win the SUPER BOWL! So get realistic. And leave the kid alone.

i certainly don't mind hogan getting a ring. he certainly contributed towards it. as long as the guy was civil towards the bills, i can never fault. i'm sure it's not the easiest job to play for this team, so when someone get the opportunity to move forward, i can't blame them. it's the mcgahees of the world that need to get run over by a bus.

What you talking about Willes