Chad Kelly: drafted by Denver

HOUSE

The kid has a terrible Johnny Football like track record. I wouldn't risk anything to draft this guy as my future QB. The good news is that he's going to be a late round pick or UDFA. There is no risk involved. If the improbable occurs and Kelly becomes a great QB this franchise would never live it down. I think that makes him a guy this franchise can't afford to pass on.

Absolutely. We cannot pass on him. Unlike Johnny Football, Kelly does not have a substance addiction. Big difference.

None of the players are in the buildings still

None of the coaches

None of the front office staff

None of the owners are the same for the teams

Who remembers?

Their entire team cultures and fan bases witnessed or is acutely aware of the Bills Kelly era. Anyone associated with the league or its teams. Come on man! Four straight super bowls?

Drugs and alcohol wreck havoc on the body, not exactly a great mix for a profession that requires peak physical condition.

Is it verified that he has an addiction problem?

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one will ever question Kelly's physical skills. It's just that he has too much of Cutler, Jeff George, and Johnny Hobbit d bag skills as well.

Sad, and horribly accurate...i just threw up in my mouth.

Let me ask this question, and I'm sure it's been discussed in other threads...

If Chad Kelly DIDN'T have any character issues, would he be considered as the best quarterback in the draft??

Absolutely. We cannot pass on him. Unlike Johnny Football, Kelly does not have a substance addiction. Big difference.

Their entire team cultures and fan bases witnessed or is acutely aware of the Bills Kelly era. Anyone associated with the league or its teams. Come on man! Four straight super bowls?

He has an addiction to stupidity.

If Chad Kelly DIDN'T have any character issues, would he be considered as the best quarterback in the draft??

According to Bill Polian he is the most talented QB in the draft.

At least Whaley won't be able to deny he needs surgery after he drafts him, unlike last season's Shaq Lawson mishandling.

I never said addiction, but given his history, I think it's naive to believe he's not experimented with things beyond Bud Light and Jack Daniels.

It's pretty clear what the story is by this point. Some here see the last name and the ties to the area and are willing to overlook a myriad of issues. Others see a QB with a checkered past as the best way to describe it and are not very interested. Half here think he's a day 2 pick and the other half think he goes undrafted.

Due to the wrist surgery he just had, it's being said it's highly unlikely any team will use a draft pick on him. He'll get to choose where he goes when teams come offering UDFA contracts.

I can see someone taking a late 7th on him. Save the hassle of a UDFA battle for him, he at least has decent upside unlike a lot of picks at that point

It would be a nightmare for his career if he was taken by the Bills, he needs to go to an NFC team far away from Buffalo.

Maybe a nice quiet place like New Orleans where he'll be far away from any temptations that could lead to trouble for him.

The kid has a terrible Johnny Football like track record. I wouldn't risk anything to draft this guy as my future QB. The good news is that he's going to be a late round pick or UDFA. There is no risk involved. If the improbable occurs and Kelly becomes a great QB this franchise would never live it down. I think that makes him a guy this franchise can't afford to pass on.

There's zero risk if he goes 7th or UDFA. Buy a lotto ticket and see if he's matured? If not, cut him.

It would be a nightmare for his career if he was taken by the Bills, he needs to go to an NFC team far away from Buffalo.

Why? He'll never be seen on the field in the AFC unless fans with a program can spot his number on the sideline/bench.

Not a chance. Even without considering his serious medical concerns - or his even more serious character concerns - he's got a lot of issues.

His positives are excellent anticipation and a strong arm. His negatives (aside from medical and character) are that he:

- had problems learning a college offense that were bad enough that it had to be simplified for him

- has poor pocket awareness

- has terrible footwork

- has poor weight distribution on his throws

- is shorter than preferred

He'd definitely be draftable if not for the medical and character issues, though. He probably would have been a mid round pick. I pray the Bills don't even take him on as an UDFA though. No way would I want that distraction or ensuing controversy. Can you imagine how some fans and media would clamor for him to see him start/play if he was on the team?