Better Call Saul Season 3 - It's on!!!!!

The Poojer

TV has given me probably the last great 1,000 acting moments, movies recently made 0

I feel like we're in the golden age of television shows ever since The Wire premiered. There's so many shows I haven't seen that I heard were great (Fargo, Sons of Anarchy, Peaky Blinders, Deadwood). I just wish there were more hours in the fricken day.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like we're in the golden age of television shows ever since The Wire premiered. There's so many shows I haven't seen that I heard were great (Fargo, Sons of Anarchy, Peaky Blinders, Deadwood). I just wish there were more hours in the fricken day.

Oz and The Sopranos were well up there for me by the time The Wire came around.

Not interested in seeing Oz again, for some reason it made me lift more weights while working out and watching the show.

Edited by row_33

no offense but it is all I can do to sit down to watch this show

I don't see how folks watch so much TV!

no offense but it is all I can do to sit down to watch this show

I don't see how folks watch so much TV!

TV series viewing takes a few forms, usually I have watched the one episode each week as it showed up with years in between waiting for the next season.

Most in my life like to binge watch, get through the entire Sopranos in a week or so... that would probably cause me irreparable damage.

Just figured out that this season is in 2001, meaning that the show begins in 99. Howard brought over a bottle of wine to Chuck's that was from 1966 and then said it was 35 yrs old.

I did the same thing.

Also just realized nacho was killed by Walt. Damn I'm alow

All great in their own way. If you had to pick one - Fargo. I don't have enough superlatives. I'm in awe of the writing.

SOA - Outstanding first and second seasons but thought it jumped shark afterward. IMO, didn't have an overall story arc.

Peaky - elements of a great show, but story didn't work for me. A bit of a mess. IMO, would have been better to have a more engaging main character. Too many cliches and shallow characters.

Deadwood - I liked individual episodes but I felt there wasn't an overall cohesion. Would have been a better (long) miniseries.

I did the same thing.

Also just realized nacho was killed by Walt. Damn I'm alow

Just to clarify, Walter didn't kill Nacho. He killed Krazy 8, whom Hector forced Nacho to kick the crap out of last night for being "light" on his earnings.

Just figured out that this season is in 2001, meaning that the show begins in 99. Howard brought over a bottle of wine to Chuck's that was from 1966 and then said it was 35 yrs old.

I know it's been on for two years, but has the timeline moved that much? I don't really get a feel for how much time has passed since the first episode. It feels like ages thanks to the way AMC schedules their shows.

I know it's been on for two years, but has the timeline moved that much? I don't really get a feel for how much time has passed since the first episode. It feels like ages thanks to the way AMC schedules their shows.

It's no fun trying to find holes in a plot by mapping timelines or remembering the job someone said their parents did on an earlier show.

Each season doesn't take a full year. The Breaking Bad timeline started w/ Walt getting his 50th birthday breakfast & ended w/ him having his 51st 52nd one.

I'd thought it was 2002 for the start of this one but did hear Howard say the '66 was 35 yo. No way its taken 2 years to get from season 1 episode 1 to last night's episode so really doubt it started in '99 (except in flashbacks to Chicago which were likely earlier than that).

Interesting to see that Lydia & Gus were working together back then.

And it looks like Gus/Mike have a year to convince Jimmy to stay Saul when he'svallowed to practice again.

Slow episode but set up a lot of stuff to happen moving forward.

Wonder if Gale will show up to doctor Hector's pill & put him in the wheel chair?

[Edit: Thanks to those that caught BB ending right after Walt's 52nd B-day rather than his 51st. :beer: ]

Edited by Taro T

'Better Call Saul' is set 6 years before 'Breaking Bad' started, which makes it 2002 when we first meet Jimmy in season 1. Sounds like Gilligan and Co. may have overlooked that minor detail when Howard described the 35 year old scotch.

'Better Call Saul' is set 6 years before 'Breaking Bad' started, which makes it 2002 when we first meet Jimmy in season 1. Sounds like Gilligan and Co. may have overlooked that minor detail when Howard described the 35 year old scotch.

best to rest the mind on silly stuff like that, time warps aren't worth pursuing...

best to rest the mind on silly stuff like that, time warps aren't worth pursuing...

I agree. It's not worth letting get in the way of a good story. I offer it as clarification for those who were discussing it above. Rest assured, my mind is assuredly resting.

Each season doesn't take a full year. The Breaking Bad timeline started w/ Walt getting his 50th birthday breakfast & ended w/ him having his 51st one.

I'd thought it was 2002 for the start of this one but did hear Howard say the '66 was 35 yo. No way its taken 2 years to get from season 1 episode 1 to last night's episode so really doubt it started in '99 (except in flashbacks to Chicago which were likely earlier than that).

And it looks like Gus/Mike have a year to convince Jimmy to stay Saul when he'svallowed to practice again.

Wonder if Gale will show up to doctor Hector's pill & put him in the wheel chair?

Just to clarify, it was a 52 Walt made with his bacon in the diner, so that would make the BB timeline 2 years.

The consensus I've gathered is we are in 2001 right now in BCS.

Just to clarify, it was a 52 Walt made with his bacon in the diner, so that would make the BB timeline 2 years.

So Saul buys a USED 1997 Caddie? No way.

Decent episode although it was going to be hard to top last week's brilliance. Sets the table for the rest of the season. Anyone know if it has been officially green lit for a fourth season?

Not yet. It was definitely a filler episode that jumped around a lot. It seems that Nacho will be the one to cause Don Hector to be stranded to a wheel chair unable to speak. It will be interesting to exactly how he does it.

Not yet. It was definitely a filler episode that jumped around a lot. It seems that Nacho will be the one to cause Don Hector to be stranded to a wheel chair unable to speak. It will be interesting to exactly how he does it.

Good filler episode. They can't pull up violence and sci-fi plots for Walt to put 3 more bandages on his face in BCS.

Good filler episode. They can't pull up violence and sci-fi plots for Walt to put 3 more bandages on his face in BCS.

I'm not complaining as a filler episode of BCS is better than the season finales of 90% of TV shows out there. Just look at Nacho not react when he sews right through his hand as he realizes he's becoming numb inside from his line of work. Keeping Chuck around and having him try to beat his mental illness tells me Chuck isn't done with his brother. Also, I'm guessing the playground Mike is going to build for the church is the same one where the DEA nabs him on BB while watching his granddaughter play on it.

Just to clarify, Walter didn't kill Nacho. He killed Krazy 8, whom Hector forced Nacho to kick the crap out of last night for being "light" on his earnings.

He blamed a new kid. Jesse Pinkman?

I'm not complaining as a filler episode of BCS is better than the season finales of 90% of TV shows out there. Just look at Nacho not react when he sews right through his hand as he realizes he's becoming numb inside from his line of work. Keeping Chuck around and having him try to beat his mental illness tells me Chuck isn't done with his brother. Also, I'm guessing the playground Mike is going to build for the church is the same one where the DEA nabs him on BB while watching his granddaughter play on it.

Chuck has some final act of revenge in store for his brother. He was right after all on the facts of what happened, so that makes him way more angry....

Given Gilligan's penchant for the unexpected, I suspect this will be exactly NOT the way it happens.

If I had to guess...Mike accidentally breaks Hector's back when they're both stuck in a room together for an hour trying to kill a fly...

Good catch on the 52. :doh:

But like K9 stated above, pretty sure this series started in '02. (Even though that makes it appear that Howard can't do basic math. Though maybe the scotch was bottled at the end of '66 & they're still in mid-'02. Coukdn't read the date on Hector's newspaper. ;))

Each season doesn't take a full year. The Breaking Bad timeline started w/ Walt getting his 50th birthday breakfast & ended w/ him having his 51st one.

Sure ruin whole thing for me :D

Actually BB ends shortly after Walt's 52nd birthday. It's a two-year story over five seasons.

Edit: sorry, I see someone else caught that.

Walt and Jesse killed Nacho in the RV. Crazy 8 survived long enough for Walt to kill him later in Jesse's basement.

Edited by eball

OOOOOH!!!!!!! Good catch????

Actually BB ends shortly after Walt's 52nd birthday. It's a two-year story over five seasons.

Edit: sorry, I see someone else caught that.

Walt and Jesse killed Nacho in the RV. Crazy 8 survived long enough for Walt to kill him later in Jesse's basement.

No they didn't they killed Crazy 8 and Emilio.

Nacho was never in Breaking Bad.

Edited by meazza

Really? Man, I messed that one up.

Referenced by Saul as Ignacio in BB, there's a big deal about this, save your time...

I agree. It's not worth letting get in the way of a good story. I offer it as clarification for those who were discussing it above. Rest assured, my mind is assuredly resting.

Golly gee whillikers.... don't let me get in the way of your enjoyment, I have my own joyous wastes of time.... don't be one of those guys who meets someone on the show in 20 years and get angry over a plot hole like what year it was.... :D

Referenced by Saul as Ignacio in BB, there's a big deal about this, save your time...

Golly gee whillikers.... don't let me get in the way of your enjoyment, I have my own joyous wastes of time.... don't be one of those guys who meets someone on the show in 20 years and get angry over a plot hole like what year it was.... :D

Never been "one of those guys"; whatever that means.

In twenty years, are you still gonna be "one of those guys" that likes to offer unsolicited advice to others on the style in which they like to enjoy whatever they choose to enjoy about television dramas? For all your talk to others of "letting it go", you seem to hold certain subjects in a vice grip.

Never been "one of those guys"; whatever that means.

In twenty years, are you still gonna be "one of those guys" that likes to offer unsolicited advice to others on the style in which they like to enjoy whatever they choose to enjoy about television dramas? For all your talk to others of "letting it go", you seem to hold certain subjects in a vice grip.

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you.