Chris Brown: Whaley doesn't get enough cred from Bills fans

According to Chris Brown on the John Murphy Show yesterday, Bills GM Doug Whaley has exceeded expectations "in spades" with regard to personnel. He especially cited the Justin Hunter pickup last season as strong evidence of this. Lorenzo Alexander and Zach Brown also mentioned.

What say you, Bills fan? Do we need to give more credit to Whaley for what he's accomplished during his career with the Bills? Is this roster stacked with talent and we just haven't received good enough coaching to get the appropriate production?

Does the sad fact that this franchise only has two players on the current roster drafted by the Bills between 2010 and 2013 not apply to Whaley?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hes good at getting scrubs and turning them into servicable players. Thats about it. His drafts and vision towards the future is awful in my opinion. Seems like he's always thinking, "what can I do to get better now" instead of having a plan in place years down the road

According to Chris Brown on the John Murphy Show yesterday, Bills GM Doug Whaley has exceeded expectations "in spades" with regard to personnel. He especially cited the Justin Hunter pickup last season as strong evidence of this. Lorenzo Alexander and Zach Brown also mentioned.

What say you, Bills fan? Do we need to give more credit to Whaley for what he's accomplished during his career with the Bills? Is this roster stacked with talent and we just haven't received good enough coaching to get the appropriate production?

Does the sad fact that this franchise only has two players on the current roster drafted by the Bills between 2010 and 2013 not apply to Whaley?

No. No.

Fair or not he is not going to get a lot of credit till the team actually starts winning

Guest NeckBeard

I don't think that DW is terrible by any stretch (I have seen bad Bills GMs probably about a half dozen times in my lifetime), but I think that his gambling tendencies, in particular for the spots for which he has made these gambles, is maddening. Tim Graham (IIRC, it was him) wrote an article about the Bills not retaining their picks after their initial contracts had expired, and how the team has less picks on its current roster than on the contenders. I agree with the premise, but at the same time I think that having constant organizational churn at the HC position is also a factor. As always, I love the Bills and remain optimistic, but at some point I want to see the same core of players in a Bills uni over the course of as many seasons as possible.

Murphy and Brown are the two ultimate Bills' shills. Whaley and his failure to address QB, and his lousy draft history.? LOL Not to mention his terrible contract signings (i.e., Dareus), that always put Team Mediocrity up against the salary cap.

Edited by par73