Bills to sign former Seahawks K Steven Hauschka

This is a great move. Carpenter was awful at FGs last year (76%) and below average the year before. Bills just signed a kicker who ranks 3rd all-time in FG percentage at 87.2%. He is behind Justin Tucker (best in business) and Dan Bailey and ranks just ahead of Stephen Gostkowski. I know he had an off year last year but that was still better that Carpenter. Traditionally his kickoffs are good and he has the leg to make 50+ yard FGs.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has missed 10 extra points since the new rule, more than Carpenter, in less attempts. I don't follow that logic.

He is, or has been, a very accurate FG guy though, and can kick off so there's that.

Does this mean we scored more touchdowns than Seattle over that same time span?

Hmmmm...

Defence needed?

He has missed 10 extra points since the new rule, more than Carpenter, in less attempts. I don't follow that logic.

He is, or has been, a very accurate FG guy though, and can kick off so there's that.

Doesn't matter if we go for two after every TD.

Living in the PNW, and attending Hawks games, I know a lot of Hawks fans that were ecstatic about Haushka's release. The blocked XP's were a major issue. That being said, I have seen him make huge kicks the past 4 years and I have more faith in his leg than I do in Carp's. Upgrade

You know what this signing means. Team's gonna rely on D, there'll be lots of close games, thus KICKER becomes very important.

Soooo, what you are saying is that having a kicker on the roster means we are going all in on defence? Interesting logic....