Bills Thursday Night Game

I am someone who enjoys thinking about the upcoming seasons schedule and what the Bills may or may not get in terms of primetime games. Typically the NFL guarantees each team a Thursday night game, but recently the NFL did say they may do away with making every team play. Personally I do believe Buffalo will get a TNF game because typically the really bad games on TNF are teams like the Titans/Jags or Bucs vs Anyone. Plus with the NFL color rush initiative I would be surprised to see a full move away from TNF for every team.

Typically the NFL emphasizes divisional games for the TNF game with the occasional same conference opponent like the Bills Browns a few years back. Out of conference games are almost a guaranteed no minus opening night for TNF which the Patriots probably will host the Falcons.

Here is how I would rate who the Bills opponent probably is:

Not a chance: Chargers, Raiders and all NFC opponents. No way they force a West Coast team east or Bills west on that short of travel, NFC matchups all guaranteed in by networks for weekend.

Doubtful: Denver, Tennessee, & New England. Denver would be favored ratings wise to play TNF against its own division. The Titans are never watched when they play in division, why would they be watched out of it. The Patriots technically get there TNF matchup out of the way week 1 and if there has to be a second game they would play the Jets or Phins before the Bills get that spot. But never say never.

Not As Surprising As You Think: Kansas City. The Bills would have to travel out west for this one, but the time difference isn't that great, color wise there would be a lot of uniform options (Bills full blue vs KC full red), and given the history between the two franchises as AFL members it wouldn't be a massive shock compared to the three before this.

Favorites: Cincy, New York, & Miami. Cincy is a favorite because if the Patriots do not play another TNF game the Jets and Phins are are most likely facing each other and Buffalo needs a team to play then. Buffalo traveled to Cleveland in 2013 and Cincy hosted Houston in 2015 on TNF so both teams have played out of division on Thursday. Additionally the Bills did just host the Jets in 2016 and typically the NFL does try to rotate cities that host. The Jets would be just a continuation of the previous two years with NY probably hosting due to Buffalo getting the previous season. Miami is the one matchup where the Bills possibly could host at home again on TNF due to being on the road the last time these two played in 2014.

My pick? Bills will play next season on Thursday night and they will travel on the road to Cincy with the Bengals in their black unis and Bills in red.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good topic. I think the league enjoyed the games in Buffalo. The fan and local experience was heavily emphasized and there were solid tailgating shots. I know it's about money, but I think they want to show a good atmosphere too.

With that, I think it will be a home game against the Dolphins. They like to do divisional games and that would be somewhat competitive. It was the Jets because of the Ryan ties, but that's gone. The Pats is a chance, but I doubt it.

A bunch of us made it on Dead set on Life. They filmed at the Thursday night opener. If you watch it you will see some of us.

Tailgate 32 filmed on a Thursday night game against the fish. Some of us made that show also.

Thursday night games make for one long day.

i'll let ya know as soon as i find out about our schedule. i usually get inside source on first game, first home game and night game info... so i'll let ya know. i found out about noon last year on day of release.

I like OP's theory about playing the Bengals.

I just hate watching us on national tv because of the outcome.

We always do just enough to keep it close and then...Dallas happens...or Seattle happens...or Cleveland happens.

Heartbreakers are by definition hard on the ticker.

I like OP's theory about playing the Bengals.

I just hate watching us on national tv because of the outcome.

We always do just enough to keep it close and then...Dallas happens...or Seattle happens...or Cleveland happens.

Heartbreakers are by definition hard on the ticker.

Yeah, just as I was coming to terms with the Dallas MNF game... Seattle happened. :wallbash:

i'll let ya know as soon as i find out about our schedule. i usually get inside source on first game, first home game and night game info... so i'll let ya know. i found out about noon last year on day of release.

Do you know when the day of release will be?

A bunch of us made it on Dead set on Life. They filmed at the Thursday night opener. If you watch it you will see some of us.

Tailgate 32 filmed on a Thursday night game against the fish. Some of us made that show also.

Thursday night games make for one long day.

What is this Dead Set on Life and Tailgate32 Episode Buffalo filming you talk of? I'm not a fan of Thursday or Monday Night games. It makes for a long day and of course the fans are younger and Generally don't know how to pace themselves. While I enjoy going to Sunday 1pm games, a 4pm start on October 8th (Columbus Day US Thanksgiving Day Canada is Oct 9) would be a nice change of pace.

What is this Dead Set on Life and Tailgate32 Episode Buffalo filming you talk of? I'm not a fan of Thursday or Monday Night games. It makes for a long day and of course the fans are younger and Generally don't know how to pace themselves. While I enjoy going to Sunday 1pm games, a 4pm start on October 8th (Columbus Day US Thanksgiving Day Canada is Oct 9) would be a nice change of pace.

This guy I know that owns this parking lot called Hammer's Lot. He has very special in with some big shots in the film industry. The film company loves to film in his lot. The guy that owns the parking lot has a hot wife. You should come to the tailgate party. You would not be able to do your funnel dance or your back flips on to tables.

Funny you use Hammererd a lot for your identity. Do you drink a lot? You will have to come see the Pinto crew and the fun people from TBD and enjoy some Stromboli. Some guy always makes a lot of it. The other fun thing to do is try some skunk meat that county Cletus brings or mink meat. The lot is the best Lot to park in. You have to come to the TBD opener. It is a blast

Edited by mead107