Bills Thursday Night Game

Do you know when the day of release will be?

they don't even know that in most cases until a few days before. Teams have to get hotels booked and stuff. The amazing thing is that there are no links with hotels. Its all set up corporately. They don't call local econolodges

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is this Dead Set on Life and Tailgate32 Episode Buffalo filming you talk of? I'm not a fan of Thursday or Monday Night games. It makes for a long day and of course the fans are younger and Generally don't know how to pace themselves. While I enjoy going to Sunday 1pm games, a 4pm start on October 8th (Columbus Day US Thanksgiving Day Canada is Oct 9) would be a nice change of pace.

As an out-of-towner whose youngest is dying to go to a game I've had my eye on the Columbus Day game the past few years. Don't think we'll make the tailgate...wifey would be horrified.

As for Thursday night scheduling, I'd like to see them mix it up with less divisional games.

I think it ends up being New England actually. Only divisional opponent the Bills have not played on Thursday night. I believe we have played both the Jets and Dolphins twice each. Overdue for the Pats on Thursday.

I prefer to get owned while all the other 1pm games are taking place instead of being in the national spotlight on a Monday or Thursday against these clowns.

You could always travel West for a TNF game after a bye week. Would love to play the Chargers with our old white throwbacks and their color rush jerseys from last year.

buf-13-throwback-4-620x413.jpgac3e797dd88a218f92096f623645eeff.jpg

That would be cool.

I think the Chargers have the best color rush uniforms.

That would be cool.

I think the Chargers have the best color rush uniforms.

That's like having the best hemorrhoids to me.

No offense, admittedly those unis aren't as bad as some of the others, I just despise the whole concept and I'll never forgive the NFL for the Bills/Jets elf bowl.

That's like having the best hemorrhoids to me.

No offense, admittedly those unis aren't as bad as some of the others, I just despise the whole concept and I'll never forgive the NFL for the Bills/Jets elf bowl.

I agree. Overall I think the entire color rush idea is terrible.

But, there were a few that were decent.

I like the Chargers the most. I always liked their electric blue uniforms during the Dan Fouts days.

I know the powder blue is the most celebrated of the Chargers, but the electric blue is underrated.

I can't understand why some people don't like Thursday nite football.

I love it, and wish it would replace Monday night. By Monday everyone is footballed out, but Thursday is at the end of the work week and the nation is ready to watch a game.

If it's the Bills it's a great occasion and fun party, if it's not the Bills, it's a team I wouldn't be watching otherwise, so it's fun to see some off market teams play on prime time.

The teams don't like it because of the short week but they get paid enough to suck it up and get through it. Long live TNF baby!

A sign I am nearing the big 5-0........I prefer my kickoff @ 1:00pm, EST, on Sunday's.

Ohhhh, you're getting OLD! I miss being that old... :( It seems like so recent, but...

I hate Thursday night games unless both team are coming off a bye week. Just brutal!

I love it, and wish it would replace Monday night. By Monday everyone is footballed out, but Thursday is at the end of the work week and the nation is ready to watch a game.

If it's the Bills it's a great occasion and fun party, if it's not the Bills, it's a team I wouldn't be watching otherwise, so it's fun to see some off market teams play on prime time.

The teams don't like it because of the short week but they get paid enough to suck it up and get through it. Long live TNF baby!

Monday night only throws you off one day. Thursday should be illegal in my mind.

When we hired McDermott as hc, I made a prediction on the bbmb that Carolina and Buffalo would be a Monday night game. I could possibly see it being Thursday night too though

I could see that too. Now that Ryan is gone, Thursday Night against the Jets may not be their idea of prime time material.

I agree. Overall I think the entire color rush idea is terrible.

But, there were a few that were decent.

I like the Chargers the most. I always liked their electric blue uniforms during the Dan Fouts days.

I know the powder blue is the most celebrated of the Chargers, but the electric blue is underrated.

No doubt...Winslow, Joiner, Jefferson.

Alsworth and the powder blue pre-dates me...and thats saying something!

This guy I know that owns this parking lot called Hammer's Lot. He has very special in with some big shots in the film industry. The film company loves to film in his lot. The guy that owns the parking lot has a hot wife. You should come to the tailgate party. You would not be able to do your funnel dance or your back flips on to tables.

Funny you use Hammererd a lot for your identity. Do you drink a lot? You will have to come see the Pinto crew and the fun people from TBD and enjoy some Stromboli. Some guy always makes a lot of it. The other fun thing to do is try some skunk meat that county Cletus brings or mink meat. The lot is the best Lot to park in. You have to come to the TBD opener. It is a blast

My funnel dancing/back flipping table smashing days are over. Concerning my drinking, I'll take da 5th. The Stromboli sounds good but why would I want to eat and wreck a good beer buzz?

I agree with this. Even though some Thursday games are dogs, typically its an early start to the weekend and probably 75% of the time I meet people at a bar or with food at home to watch the games. I love when the Bills play because we are the only game the whole day so its fun with the attention. I do understand the issues with players being tired and feel the NFL probably should look at having the two teams playing on Thursday play also on the previous Saturday so they can get an extra day rest, plus it could be an extra primetime affair.

I think it ends up being New England actually. Only divisional opponent the Bills have not played on Thursday night. I believe we have played both the Jets and Dolphins twice each. Overdue for the Pats on Thursday.

The only reason I don't see the Patriots and Bills is if the Patriots have to play a second TNF game beside the opener, it is far more likely they play someone like the Jets which would be higher ratings with NY/Boston then Buffalo. The last 2 years the NFL had an easy reason to do Bills v Jets with Rex. Now that is gone and I think they revert back to NY/Boston ratings instead and we get at Cincy or Miami. But def could see the Pats happening due to the Bills not yet playing them on Thursday like you said.

Personally I'd have zero desire playing NE on TNF and getting throttled there or at home.