Bills reportedly would have interest in Trevor Siemian

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Bills had Tom Brady last year, they would have competed for a SB. Qbs like Alex Smith and Tyrod don't win or lose games. Which is the debate on picking up Taylor's option.

You're right, they don't. The problem is that QB's like Siemien actually lose games by making crucial mistakes. TT took over an average team, and he kept them average with a below average defense. Siemien took over the Super Bowl champs, and missed the playoffs.

It's !@#$ing march. We have no idea who will be good next season.

Wait, are you 100% sure the 2015 team and season is gone?

3 years is a long time in the NFL. When you say 2015 I think you really mean the 2014 defense? And I do agree that Rex's dumb 3-4 messed that up and prevented the playoffs. I just see a lot of age and attrition to the players that were a top 5 defense in 2014.

I may get destroyed for this. But I think this is a great idea. Siemian knows the offense and had a solid first season as a starter. Is he a superstar? NO. But he is cheap and decent. He makes just over $1.3m combined for 2017 and 2018. That's almost $40m less than Tyrod for slightly less production and way more upside. I would love if we dumped Tyrod and acquired this kid while still continuing to search for a sure fire Franchise QB. I'd much rather go into 2017 with Siemian as our starter than Cardale, Foles, Cutler or any of the other garbage available and definitely would like him as a placeholder if we decide to draft a QB this year (which I would not do). Tyrod is marginally better but not $16m per year better.

This makes a lot of sense to me. While he isn't a running QB like TT, he has mobility, his vision on the field is better, and his ability to hit different spots on the field is better (where as TT is good for one throw only). Only thing is I just don't know if Broncos will pull the trigger on Romo fast enough to make TS available before March 11. Even after that, we could trade TT after exercising his option and go with this kid until 2018/2019. He showed maturity and poise for a 2nd year player who never saw the field in his first year. Siemian had better passing yards than TT. If he's cheap, like a 5th or 6th round, sure. Although Denver just might keep 3 QBs given Romo's injury history.

Edited by CanadianFan

I may get destroyed for this. But I think this is a great idea. Siemian knows the offense and had a solid first season as a starter. Is he a superstar? NO. But he is cheap and decent. He makes just over $1.3m combined for 2017 and 2018. That's almost $40m less than Tyrod for slightly less production and way more upside. I would love if we dumped Tyrod and acquired this kid while still continuing to search for a sure fire Franchise QB. I'd much rather go into 2017 with Siemian as our starter than Cardale, Foles, Cutler or any of the other garbage available and definitely would like him as a placeholder if we decide to draft a QB this year (which I would not do). Tyrod is marginally better but not $16m per year better.

Bingo.

I really don't want to have to learn to spell his name though

@allbrightNFL

If the #Broncos do end up with Romo, the #Bills would have interest in acquiring Trevor Siemian.

I havent looked yet...wonder what the over/under is on number of posts before FireChan and Ryan jump on this band wagon?

Edited by Alphadawg7

There were times last year where it looked like the kid could play. I like his calm and confident attitude. It's tough to really tell much about him because of how talented the WRs are in Denver. There are other guys I would want more, but I wouldnt be completely against it. I'm willing to give the coaching staff a shot and trust what their vision is. If they like Simien, then I'm play with that.

With an awful defense.

Simeon and the Broncos offense could barely manage .500 with Denvers very good defense.

They couldn't run the ball and that was their biggest problem on offense. I think for a while he was running the team quite well and had them at 7-3 at their bye week. The wheels kind of came off at the end for the team as a whole.

As has been discussed, it's really not crazy money.

The cap continues to go up and Tyrods deal will end up looking like mid to bottom level pay for a starting QB.

And it's a hunch with Whaley. I think the guys ego clouds his judgement.

Completely disagree.

Simeon blows. Denvers defense carried them last season and any semblance of solid QB play the Broncos would've easily made the playoffs. Tyrod is much better then Simeon in my opinion.

If my recollection is correct Simian was playing with a bad shoulder for much of the season. I'm not declaring that he is anything special because he is not. Is he an upgrade compared to TT? They are much different qbs with contrasting styles of play. It's obvious that Whaley is not enamored with TT and is very willing to let him go. Although TT is not a high priced qb his salary compared to Simian would offer some cap relief that Whaley could put to use.

The problem with using stats for some numbers is they are averages. The Bills D wasn't good this year but they were great against the Ravens and Tyrod was awful. The D worn down in Miami because the offense went 3 and out like 7 times in a row. Denver has a great defense but in probably the best start of Siemen's career, Denver's D couldn't stop Alex Smith. Context matters rather than just using stats at times.

I would rather have Taylor than Siemen but the gap isn't as big as some think. I think they are both Alex Smith type players. I would want to do better than both but I think Siemen would be a good backup.

OMG with "the defense sucked because of Taylor" crap again. Stop it. Rex's defenses have consistently suck for a loooooooooong time now. He had a bad game in week 1? Seriously?

Taylor is better than Denver monkey name AND has more upside. He will cost more.....because he is worth more.