Bills reportedly would have interest in Trevor Siemian

The BB.com messageboard sucked so no loss and it looks like they're just directing conversation to their Facebook page, which is where a lot of brands are going - much less toxic than an anonymous message board. Plus, we have TBD, which made BB.com's messageboard obsolete before it even launched...

Now if we can TRADE Ty and pick up Trevor I might be able to get on-board with this plan...

If we could trade Tyrod and get a pick or two, that would make the move even more perfect. I personally don't expect a team to give up a pick for Tyrod and his contract. I hope I am wrong. Even if we could trade TT for a 6th rounder and then use that pick to acquire Siemian, that would be great. Edited by Maddog69

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we sure Taylor is better than Siemen? Essentially, they are the same 7-8 win qb. That said, is welcome him as a backup to a young qb.

Im pretty sure. Over 3:1 in terms of TDs to turnovers shouldn't be brushed aside. He has accounted for 47 TDs in 29 starts (10 of which were rushing). That's pretty good but great when you look at his half a turnover a game. That's not "any guy can do it stuff." It's right in line with Dalton and guys like that (better than Smith, Flacco Tannehill, etc...).

If he had the minimum number of passing attempts (1500) he'd be 4th all-time in TD:INT ratio behind only Rodgers, Brady and Russell Wilson. When you factor in he runs for a bunch more we need to stop pretending like anyone can put up points without turning it over. He has some flaws but he does some things extremely well.

I like Siemian better than some others. He can adequately be a bridge guy and has some upside. He isn't on par with TT though because TT makes more plays and less mistakes. I am in favor of keeping TT or hitting reset. Siemian is a little too good for my reset plan I think. Id rather roll with Cardale and let him sink or swim. Get a guy at the beginning of 2018 draft otherwise.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Im pretty sure. Over 3:1 in terms of TDs to turnovers shouldn't be brushed aside. He has accounted for 47 TDs in 29 starts (10 of which were rushing). That's pretty good but great when you look at his half a turnover a game. That's not "any guy can do it stuff." It's right in line with Dalton and guys like that (better than Smith, Flacco Tannehill, etc...).

If he had the minimum number of passing attempts (1500) he'd be 4th all-time in TD:INT ratio behind only Rodgers, Brady and Russell Wilson. When you factor in he runs for a bunch more we need to stop pretending like anyone can put up points without turning it over. He has some flaws but he does some things extremely well.

I like Siemian better than some others. He can adequately be a bridge guy and has some upside. He isn't on par with TT though because TT makes more plays and less mistakes. I am in favor of keeping TT or hitting reset. Siemian is a little too good for my reset plan I think. Id rather roll with Cardale and let him sink or swim. Get a guy at the beginning of 2018 draft otherwise.

This

Are we sure Taylor is better than Siemen? Essentially, they are the same 7-8 win qb. That said, is welcome him as a backup to a young qb.

Except Denver had the #1 defense and the Bills had the 27th best defense using DVOA as a measure. Record comparisons don't work in this situation - it's apples and oranges.

My completely uninformed theory that is really just a guess: Whaley and the staff are at loggerheads about TT, with Whaley wanting him gone and the coaches willing to work with him. They are wrestling with what to do, and at this point are cobbling together compromise scenarios that satisfy both sides.

Taylor is definitely better than Siemian, but Siemiean isn't horrible. If they do go after him, it'll be as a starter. Bank on that.

Edited by dave mcbride

I really don't want to have to learn to spell his name though

@allbrightNFL

If the #Broncos do end up with Romo, the #Bills would have interest in acquiring Trevor Siemian.

Just threw up in my mouth a little bit...

I really don't want to have to learn to spell his name though

@allbrightNFL

If the #Broncos do end up with Romo, the #Bills would have interest in acquiring Trevor Siemian.

Why? This is just more "what the heck" speculation because Dennison was his coach. If anything, I hope that means Dennison knows he's nothing more than backup quality.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Except Denver had the #1 defense and the Bills had the 27th best defense using DVOA as a measure. Record comparisons don't work in this situation - it's apples and oranges.

My completely uninformed theory that is really just a guess: Whaley and the staff are at loggerheads about TT, with Whaley wanting him gone and the coaches willing to work with him. They are wrestling with what to do, and at this point are cobbling together compromises that satisfy both sides.

The problem with using stats for some numbers is they are averages. The Bills D wasn't good this year but they were great against the Ravens and Tyrod was awful. The D worn down in Miami because the offense went 3 and out like 7 times in a row. Denver has a great defense but in probably the best start of Siemen's career, Denver's D couldn't stop Alex Smith. Context matters rather than just using stats at times.

I would rather have Taylor than Siemen but the gap isn't as big as some think. I think they are both Alex Smith type players. I would want to do better than both but I think Siemen would be a good backup.

He would make sense as a backup. Makes very little money and knows the offense.

If he were to come here, I think immediately of three outcomes: he'll be the bridge QB, TT is outta here, and they'll draft a qb early. It's stupid as all get out, but I honestly think that Whaley has TT in his crosshairs and doesn't want him around.

The problem with using stats for some numbers is they are averages. The Bills D wasn't good this year but they were great against the Ravens and Tyrod was awful. The D worn down in Miami because the offense went 3 and out like 7 times in a row. Denver has a great defense but in probably the best start of Siemen's career, Denver's D couldn't stop Alex Smith. Context matters rather than just using stats at times.

I would rather have Taylor than Siemen but the gap isn't as big as some think. I think they are both Alex Smith type players. I would want to do better than both but I think Siemen would be a good backup.

I think you're cherry picking, but whatever. Anyway, Siemian has the potential to be a pretty solid qb. He's very smart, and his arm is "good enough." There are worse possibilities out there, but again, he's not as good as what we have (we're in agreement on that).

Edited by dave mcbride

My completely uninformed theory that is really just a guess: Whaley and the staff are at loggerheads about TT, with Whaley wanting him gone and the coaches willing to work with him. They are wrestling with what to do, and at this point are cobbling together compromise scenarios that satisfy both sides.

Taylor is definitely better than Siemian, but Siemiean isn't horrible. If they do go after him, it'll be as a starter. Bank on that.

Isn't this the craziest situation ever? What coach would want to cut TT? No one except for Belichick. Coaches want to win now, they don't think about next year. The idea that our GM will let the coaches sway his decision shows what a horribly run organization the Bills are.

Ben Allbright, who tweeted this and said it not his opinion (in response to whether it was his opinion or something he heard at the combine), also is the one who said barring anything last minute TT will be back in Buffalo and that it will not be a restructure.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Ben Allbright, who tweeted this and said it not his opinion (in response to whether it was his opinion or something he heard at the combine), also is the one who said barring anything last minute TT will be back in Buffalo and that it will not be a restructure.

Hope he's right!