Bills reportedly would have interest in Trevor Siemian

If the Bills had Tom Brady last year, they would have competed for a SB. Qbs like Alex Smith and Tyrod don't win or lose games. Which is the debate on picking up Taylor's option.

So, just for the record, you believe you can stick Brady on ANY NFL team and he alone will get that team to the Super Bowl.

If this is the case, why not just draft QBs with every pick in the draft until you find your "Brady"?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His ceiling is 6 to 7 games here with an improved defense.

Our offensive line wouldn't look as good protecting him nor would our run game.... things TT makes look a lot better then they really are, IMO.

I think that's feasible.

Tyrod is a slightly below average QB. Why spend the time developing a young player who has a similar ceiling?

Broncos want Paxton Lynch to rise up and take the job. They don't see Siemian as the solution, why should we?

I think that's feasible.

Tyrod is a slightly below average QB. Why spend the time developing a young player who has a similar ceiling?

Broncos want Paxton Lynch to rise up and take the job. They don't see Siemian as the solution, why should we?

They also saw Tebow as the solution at one point...

They also saw Tebow as the solution at one point...

McCoy and Fox did a great job tailoring the offense to Tebow's ability when Orton crapped the bed. Tebow was a Mcdaniels pick.

Elway realized early on it wasn't sustainable, cut him loose and brought in Manning.

I think Elway's track record as a front office manager is pretty undeniable, he clearly is a top tier GM.

The local sports radio stations still do talk about Tebow from time to time, pretty funny.

Edited by TheElectricCompany

Stumbled upon this thread and thought I would give a Broncos fans perspective on Siemian. Personally, I think it would be a huge mistake if Denver traded away Trevor. He showed a lot of promise as a first year starter. Outside of DT and Emmanuel, he had little to work with. Although he had these elite wideouts, he had a horrendous O line and absolutely no run game. Game after game, I watched him hang in there while taking vicious hits. He played half the year with a grade 5 separation on his shoulder (non-throwing) but it was described that he essentially had to tape his left arm to his body. Though all of this he never complained. He reportedly has an immense amount of respect from the locker room.

Despite these issues, he still managed to throw for 3,400 yards and 18 tds to 10 ints. Not incredibly impressive numbers, but a great foundation for a 1st year starter. He is an NFL starter and potentially a franchise QB. I think the main thing that clouds people’s judgement is his lack luster college career and that he is a 7th round pick.

Siemian is smart, accurate, tough and has a strong arm. I would be disappointed if the Broncos traded him because I think he will flourish with any sort of offensive line play. I would much rather hear rumors about Denver trying to trade away Paxton Lynch. Reports are that he doesn’t put in the work, while Trevor is the cliché, first guy in, last guy out.

"They" were an entirely different Broncos regime from the one that runs it now. Apples and oranges.

McCoy and Fox did a great job tailoring the offense to Tebow's ability when Orton crapped the bed. Tebow was a Mcdaniels pick.

Elway realized early on it wasn't sustainable, cut him loose and brought in Manning.

I think Elway's track record as a front office manager is pretty undeniable, he clearly is a top tier GM.

The local sports radio stations still do talk about Tebow from time to time, pretty funny.

Thought it was Elway at the time. Stand corrected.

Stumbled upon this thread and thought I would give a Broncos fans perspective on Siemian. Personally, I think it would be a huge mistake if Denver traded away Trevor. He showed a lot of promise as a first year starter. Outside of DT and Emmanuel, he had little to work with. Although he had these elite wideouts, he had a horrendous O line and absolutely no run game. Game after game, I watched him hang in there while taking vicious hits. He played half the year with a grade 5 separation on his shoulder (non-throwing) but it was described that he essentially had to tape his left arm to his body. Though all of this he never complained. He reportedly has an immense amount of respect from the locker room.

Despite these issues, he still managed to throw for 3,400 yards and 18 tds to 10 ints. Not incredibly impressive numbers, but a great foundation for a 1st year starter. He is an NFL starter and potentially a franchise QB. I think the main thing that clouds people’s judgement is his lack luster college career and that he is a 7th round pick.

Siemian is smart, accurate, tough and has a strong arm. I would be disappointed if the Broncos traded him because I think he will flourish with any sort of offensive line play. I would much rather hear rumors about Denver trying to trade away Paxton Lynch. Reports are that he doesn’t put in the work, while Trevor is the cliché, first guy in, last guy out.

Sold !!

So interesting how we all see things different.

I watched most of the games as well and didn't see anything impressive.

Too many extended slumps, some across multiple games, to get excited. The physical tools just aren't there either.

Despite these issues, he still managed to throw for 3,400 yards and 18 tds to 10 ints. Not incredibly impressive numbers, but a great foundation for a 1st year starter. He is an NFL starter and potentially a franchise QB. I think the main thing that clouds peoples judgement is his lack luster college career and that he is a 7th round pick.

Siemian is smart, accurate, tough and has a strong arm. I would be disappointed if the Broncos traded him because I think he will flourish with any sort of offensive line play. I would much rather hear rumors about Denver trying to trade away Paxton Lynch. Reports are that he doesnt put in the work, while Trevor is the cliché, first guy in, last guy out.

That's not a good foundation for a 1st year starter here. Over 3,000 yards, 20 TDs and 6 INTs in 14 games (in year 1) is what we are kicking to the curb. Would you happen to have someone available that can duplicate Dak's year 1 numbers? That's what we are looking for :).

Much appreciated. Thanks for taking the time give us your insights.

That's not a good foundation for a 1st year starter here. Over 3,000 yards, 20 TDs and 6 INTs in 14 games (in year 1) is what we are kicking to the curb. Would you happen to have someone available that can duplicate Dak's year 1 numbers? That's what we are looking for :).

Agreed, everyone is looking for Dak production for a 1st year starter. With that said, he had the best line in the NFL and the leagues best running game. He played great but he was setup for success.

I'm not saying Siemian is a sure fire franchise QB. All I'm saying is as a Broncos fan, I would be disappointed if he was traded because I think he has showed promise and potential to be a long term answer. I want to see how he performs with a better line and healthy.

Great post. This jibes with my impression of him.

So interesting how we all see things different.

I watched most of the games as well and didn't see anything impressive.

Too many extended slumps, some across multiple games, to get excited. The physical tools just aren't there either.

That's fair. A lot of Denver fans feel the same way. His main slumped occurred right after his shoulder injury. He definitely has had some bad games. I don't think it's fair to harshly judge such a young player who has an undefined ceiling. I think the tools are there, he just needs a competent o line.

Agreed, everyone is looking for Dak production for a 1st year starter. With that said, he had the best line in the NFL and the leagues best running game. He played great but he was setup for success.

I'm not saying Siemian is a sure fire franchise QB. All I'm saying is as a Broncos fan, I would be disappointed if he was traded because I think he has showed promise and potential to be a long term answer. I want to see how he performs with a better line and healthy.

I actually like Siemian some too (not as much as Tyrod though). I think that from the Bills perspective they have to either keep Tyrod or go find a franchise guy (so easy to do). I really don't see any reason to put in a lesser game manager to save some cash and still lose 9 games. Either play Cardale and clear the deck (like the Browns did) or pay Tyrod and try to win 11 (the max if things go right IMO). The Billsy thing to do is to play someone like Siemian or Foles and win 6 games, pick 8 next year and miss out on the top QBs.

As has been discussed, it's really not crazy money.

The cap continues to go up and Tyrods deal will end up looking like mid to bottom level pay for a starting QB.

And it's a hunch with Whaley. I think the guys ego clouds his judgement.

Completely disagree.

Simeon blows. Denvers defense carried them last season and any semblance of solid QB play the Broncos would've easily made the playoffs. Tyrod is much better then Simeon in my opinion.

Denver reportedly is interested in Tyrod. I think it maybe an indication of who between the two is better.

I actually like Siemian some too (not as much as Tyrod though). I think that from the Bills perspective they have to either keep Tyrod or go find a franchise guy (so easy to do). I really don't see any reason to put in a lesser game manager to save some cash and still lose 9 games. Either play Cardale and clear the deck (like the Browns did) or pay Tyrod and try to win 11 (the max if things go right IMO). The Billsy thing to do is to play someone like Siemian or Foles and win 6 games, pick 8 next year and miss out on the top QBs.

I get what you're saying. Tyrod seems like a fine QB but the price has to factor in when comparing the two. If the Bills pick up the options you're committing 30 million, while Siemian is making 1.5 over the next two years.

I disagree that Siemian is a game manager. I don't understand why people think he has maxed his potential when he has only started one year. I strongly believe he has the ability to become a franchise QB. That's why I would be upset if Denver just gave him away so he didn't become a distraction for Lynch or possibly Romo.

Who is going to be able to take advantage of the weapons we have on this team. We have Sammie, Clay, McCoy, Wood, Goodwin, and the year before we had Hogan. But Tyrod average passing yards per game was a little over 200. We need someone who can maximize the output of the weapons in which we invested a lot of money. Tyrod is not that person. We need a passer who is willing to let the ball fly.

I get what you're saying. Tyrod seems like a fine QB but the price has to factor in when comparing the two. If the Bills pick up the options you're committing 30 million, while Siemian is making 1.5 over the next two years.

I disagree that Siemian is a game manager. I don't understand why people think he has maxed his potential when he has only started one year. I strongly believe he has the ability to become a franchise QB. That's why I would be upset if Denver just gave him away so he didn't become a distraction for Lynch or possibly Romo.

I don't think that he has maxed out but we have a defined "game manager tier" here (Dalton, Tannehill, Tyrod, Alex Smith, and Flacco maybe). They are guys that you can win with but not guys that you win because of. Tyrod has 47 TDs and 15 turnovers in his 29 games as a starter. There are 2 camps on him, "he will never be better than average" and "he is almost certainly your best option in the near future." The irony is that they are both probably right. That is why we debate this endlessly here and the Bills have the same talk internally. When do you walk away from average in a league where it is hard to find average?