Bills reportedly would have interest in Trevor Siemian

I'd disagree on the potential, but 100% on a swap of the two. It doesn't make sense if you're looking at it long term.

My talk on potential is purely based on their NFL experience. Tyrod has less, and was stuck under one system. Any potential is theoretical, but there is still room for him to show it...I'm just skeptical that a guy who has been as consistently mediocre as Kaep, over the years he's had, in different systems, can show much more than he already has. It's more about saying we've seen Kaep's best, than necessarily expecting Tyrod to get better...to be honest, I don't really expect either to get better. But to me it wouldn't really make sense to replace one with the other.

If I had to pick a FA to replace Tyrod, my choice would be Foles. I think he could do well in a Dennison/Kubiak system. I don't think there's any real "good" choice in FA though, except maybe Romo...and he's not coming to Buffalo. The QB of the future will have to come from the draft IMO. Any FA this year is a bridge, wing and a prayer.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand your reasoning. With TT you can be a middle of the pack type team and be competitive. With Siemian you still could be a middle of the pack and be a competitive team. The difference is that Siemian comes at a much cheaper price allowing you to use the extra cap space on additional players.

I'm not bothered with TT or staying or not. And that is the point. He is a short term qb with little long term prospects. If each qb is considered to be a middling qb then why not go with the cheaper qb?

I don't see them as comparable. I see one guy that gives you a chance to win 11 games (if things go right) and 1 that gives you a chance to win 8 if things go right. If you are going to "go for it" you keep the better guy regardless of price tag difference. If not, let it go and start over. Don't get another guy that will prevent you from bottoming out. Play Cardale and see if he is the answer. If he isn't you should be picking at the beginning of the draft. I don't see any value in downgrading from TT to TS.

QBs (like your favorite QB in your avatar) do not win or lose games - teams do.

If the Bills had Tom Brady last year, they would have competed for a SB. Qbs like Alex Smith and Tyrod don't win or lose games. Which is the debate on picking up Taylor's option.

If the Bills had Tom Brady last year, they would have competed for a SB. Qbs like Alex Smith and Tyrod don't win or lose games. Which is the debate on picking up Taylor's option.

I 1,000% agree with this. I just come from the other side on this as to what to do. It is an interesting debate and there is a reason that we've all spent months discussing.

I think a SB is the debate for the front office, they aren't going anytime soon. Whaley either has the confidence of the Pegula's to tear this thing down and build it back up or he is under pressure to win now. That same thing goes for the new coaching staff. I don't care what's being said in interviews their actions will tell the story. If TT is gone look for Whaley and company to stick around for a few years regardless of this seasons win total.

I 1,000% agree with this. I just come from the other side on this as to what to do. It is an interesting debate and there is a reason that we've all spent months discussing.

And I just want to make it clear that I think Taylor deserves to a starter in this league. I like him and he does some great things. But those struggles to get to 200 yards passing and 3 & outs get painful.

TT rarely loses you a game and he rarely wins you a game. I think he is a .500 type qb with a high floor and low ceiling (despite his big play ability). In a perfect world, you can sneak into the playoffs with him. Most likely, you winning 7-9 games. Not the worst but what does that get you. You're better off playing the young guy, hoping to get a Dak type season, or hit rock bottom and get a top draft pick.

So was Simeon.

It's laughable people want this guy here because of his salary.... if you can sit through a 6-10 season, sure.

I'm not saying bring him as the starter but at that cheap salary...why not bring him in as the back-up?

So was Simeon.

It's laughable people want this guy here because of his salary.... if you can sit through a 6-10 season, sure.

We just sat through a 7 win season and are losing players and have a tougher schedule. Tyrod will lead us to a 6 win season next year barring a miracle.

The 2015 team is an 11 win team if Rex doesn't !@#$ up the defense and playing in a divisional playoff game.

They can more then sneak in the playoffs with Tyrod, IMO.

The 2015 team is gone.