How does YOUR #1 Draft Pick Help Us Topple the Pats???

#34fan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

a tight end wouldnt be awful but there isn't a huge prospect.

Ohhhhh, yes there is.....

Good'n'hurt won't be needing that 88 Jersey anymore... At least we can get it to someone who wore it with distinction in college.... Howard is a hammer, that can be used a variety of ways.... At 6"6" 255, he'll be open even when covered... That's the kind of help that allows you to beat people right away...

Ohhhhh, yes there is.....

Good'n'hurt won't be needing that 88 Jersey anymore... At least we can get it to someone who wore it with distinction in college.... Howard is a hammer, that can be used a variety of ways.... At 6"6" 255, he'll be open even when covered... That's the kind of help that allows you to beat people right away...

i am just not big on him

i can't explain it.

... ok i'll try

he's raw. i don't think he is there yet with what i'd expect from a top 10 TE pick. playing at alabama i'd hope he could start and contribute more than any player at his position the first day you have him. he can't. he won't, clay is too smart at football.

he needs to gain some strength. nfl linebackers can handle him.

he will be a good nfl te one day. i don't think it will be immediately. zach ebron was similar to what i think it will take for howard to hit his stride. in 2-3 years he will be right there with what we expect. a top 5 TE. but still, i don't know if that's an opportunity we can take at pick 10. i am fine iwth bpa, if he is it, he is it.

Edited by Boyst62

i am just not big on him

i can't explain it.

... ok i'll try

he's raw. i don't think he is there yet with what i'd expect from a top 10 TE pick. playing at alabama i'd hope he could start and contribute more than any player at his position the first day you have him. he can't. he won't, clay is too smart at football.

he needs to gain some strength. nfl linebackers can handle him.

he will be a good nfl te one day. i don't think it will be immediately. zach ebron was similar to what i think it will take for howard to hit his stride. in 2-3 years he will be right there with what we expect. a top 5 TE. but still, i don't know if that's an opportunity we can take at pick 10. i am fine iwth bpa, if he is it, he is it.

I totally get your sentiment.... I also get the sentiment of others who don't see a TE @10 as a winning proposal... Still when I put myself opposite his hulking frame on the LOS, all my doubts disappear... Howard is a muscle-bound physical freak... If he gains some technique at his position, it'll be scary...He'll need some coaching, of course, and he'll need to learn how to prepare like a pro, but if things go as they should, we'll have a weapon in Howard... Pats don't have enough haters in that secondary to deal with Clay, Howard AND Sammy... If we can put together anything resembling a pro at QB, NE is in trouble...

Edited by #34fan

I think at #10 Alabama's 6'6" TE OJ Howard presents a physical challenge for Malcolm Butler, and Logan Ryan when spread out wide...

His explosive speed, and ability to get open will draw a lot of attention from McCourty, and Chung, freeing up opportunities for other receivers.

Trading down in the first, and a taking Ole Miss TE/WR Evan Engram, would work too. At 6'3" Engram may not be a HUGE target, but he catches the ball away from his body better than ANY WR/TE

in this draft!... This will be a problem for a Pats 2ndary that could not handle anything Julio Jones had to offer. The Pats also don't have a LB that can break off and cover Engram. -He's too fast, and adept a route-

runner... IMO, stopping Tom Brady is a pipe dream... Moving the chains, and trading points with the Pats is critical to beating them.

That's what I've got... Your turn.

They don't.

Period.

BB makes most qbs look bad. But Dak, a 4th round rookie, was a better passer as a rookie than Tyrod in his 5th year. Why can't that happen again?

I do respect the way Tyrod takes care of the ball but it completely limits us as a team. Watson would definitely throw more INTs. But he'd keep throwing. I prefer the Farve gunslinger over the Alex Smith- Tyrod game manager.

Dare to be great

I agree. There comes a time in an NFL game where you have to take risks. TT doesn't do this and probably never will. He's not a qb that will bring you back from a late game deficit. He is a good game manager who would require a great defense to be successful. If he's got another level, these next 2 yrs will be his chance to show it.