How does YOUR #1 Draft Pick Help Us Topple the Pats???

#34fan

I think at #10 Alabama's 6'6" TE OJ Howard presents a physical challenge for Malcolm Butler, and Logan Ryan when spread out wide...

His explosive speed, and ability to get open will draw a lot of attention from McCourty, and Chung, freeing up opportunities for other receivers.

Trading down in the first, and a taking Ole Miss TE/WR Evan Engram, would work too. At 6'3" Engram may not be a HUGE target, but he catches the ball away from his body better than ANY WR/TE

in this draft!... This will be a problem for a Pats 2ndary that could not handle anything Julio Jones had to offer. The Pats also don't have a LB that can break off and cover Engram. -He's too fast, and adept a route-

runner... IMO, stopping Tom Brady is a pipe dream... Moving the chains, and trading points with the Pats is critical to beating them.

That's what I've got... Your turn.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My pick is Deshaun Watson (if still there) and he helps because I believe he will be a franchise Quarterback.

Now I know a lot don't agree with me on that... we have done that argument to death my view on him is documented in my QB evaluation thread I won't repeat it again. If you want to know why I believe that you can find the thread.

What cannot be argued is finding a franchise Quarterback would be the single best way to topple New England.

Edited by GunnerBill

BPA, preferably Foster, Adams or Hooker. They'll help topple the pats as long as long as we give them an extension, because we won't be toppling them while Brady is playing. Sad but true.

I right there with ya. Any of those three available at 10 and I'm going to be very, very happy. I'd put Corey Davis on the fringe of that group. I think he's a better overall receiver than Williams. I think he's going to be great.

My pick is Deshaun Watson (if still there) and he helps because I believe he will be a franchise Quarterback.

Now I know a lot don't agree with me on that... we have done that argument to death my view on him is documented in my QB evaluation thread I won't repeat it again. If you want to know why I believe that you can find the thread.

What cannot be argued is finding a franchise Quarterback would be the single best way to topple New England.

I don't see a rookie QB as being able to trade points with Brady UNLESS they have the weapons to do so...

Matt Patricia will break his spirit before the kid even has a chance.... It's a big reason I roll with Cardale, and then give him the TOOLS to pick Butler, Ryan, McCourty, and Chung apart... He may need help up front to keep Hightower, Branch, and flowers off him, but a rookie under center is just asking for trouble.

Edited by #34fan

No one has anything for Julio Jones and I'm not sure what that has to do with drafting a TE.

That's exactly what I mean... Evan Engram is far from a prototypical TE... In fact he's plays more like a big WR than anything else

Like Julio Jones he's a weapon... Very hard for a defense like the cheaters to stop.

Edited by #34fan

Without further elaboration (this issue has been debated to exhaustion) I'm with you. Where my view slightly varies with yours is that I don't believe that Watson is the only qb who would be available when our turn comes up that would be the caliber of qb that will allow us to compete with the better teams in the league.

I'm not going to argue that a rookie qb should start right away unless he demonstrates otherwise. As it stands the Bills are in a fortuitous situation in that we have a bridge qb in TT who will allow more time for the prospect to be better prepared to take over. If for some reason TT or Cardale turn out to be better than expected then I won't complain a bounty of the riches.

The thought of the archaic Bills drafting a DB in the first round makes me nauseous.

Mitch Trubisky beats the pats by throwing to Clay and Sammy.

TT has thrown to both and the Pats still swept us....

A young QB isn't a bad starting point... However, calling it an answer to the Pats perennial domination seems misguided.

I would say McCoy is a significant weapon in our offense... Beyond him, we have little to threaten a juggernaut like NE with.

OJ Howard's presence changes that dynamic INSTANTLY... Deep threat... Over the middle threat... Rushing threat... Red zone threat... Hearty blocker... No other player on the board gives you that type of versatility at 10...

Its gonna take a village

I think it is important to remember that NOBODY in the NFL has consistantly solved that riddle

Sooo what we should be doing is biulding a balanced team that wins games instead of focusing on just beating the pats

For instance.....if we dont lose to the jets and fins last year....we make the playoffs

I was going through some Tivo's games last night....one of the things that has not been talked about for a while is the ridiculous drive killing/opponents drive saving penalties that we committeed over and over again.

Can McD get that fixed? That would be a start.

I was wondering about that connection myself....

Yeah Corey Davis then OJ Howard then Mike Williams are my next 3. Trading down and landing any of those 3 would be ideal if the big 3 (Foster, Adams and hooker) are off the board. Jonathan Allen is the wildcard if he slips. I could see us taking him if he's available at 10. There's definitely a chance Kyle will be released with his cap hit

Its gonna take a village

I think it is important to remember that NOBODY in the NFL has consistantly solved that riddle

Sooo what we should be doing is biulding a balanced team that wins games instead of focusing on just beating the pats

For instance.....if we dont lose to the jets and fins last year....we make the playoffs

I was going through some Tivo's games last night....one of the things that has not been talked about for a while is the ridiculous drive killing/opponents drive saving penalties that we committeed over and over again.

Can McD get that fixed? That would be a start.

I get why people think this, but I feel it's part of the thinking that holds this team back...

We SHOULD focus almost exclusively on NE for 2 reasons:

1: They've owned our division for almost 20 years.

2: The Pats beat just about EVERYONE last season... including a team that had a 25 point lead on them in the superbowl.... If we can manage a way to OWN THEM, then owning US would be that much harder for everyone else.

Just my way of thinking....

Edited by #34fan

Yup. In last year's MNF game against them, better qb play wins us the game. Hogan (one of the reason NE targeted him) got open deep twice and was completely missed. What Watson could be completely triumphs anything else in the draft.

But I have an absolutely man crush on Howard. He was completely under utilized in Alabama and is a great blocker. If he goes to a team with a good qb, he is going to be a problem.

Yup. In last year's MNF game against them, better qb play wins us the game. Hogan (one of the reason NE targeted him) got open deep twice and was completely missed. What Watson could be completely triumphs anything else in the draft.

But I have an absolutely man crush on Howard. He was completely under utilized in Alabama and is a great blocker. If he goes to a team with a good qb, he is going to be a problem.

Just understand that watson (or any other rook qb) is gonna probably get owned by devil BB early on.......who is NOTORIOUS for making rookie qbs look bad.

It doesnt mean we should not draft a qb...only that they will probably NOT be the reason why we would beat the pats.

If anything it seems to me that teams with dominant D lines are what give them the most trouble......creating pass rush without blitzing and making Brady uncomfortable in the pocket

Just understand that watson (or any other rook qb) is gonna probably get owned by devil BB early on.......who is NOTORIOUS for making rookie qbs look bad.

It doesnt mean we should not draft a qb...only that they will probably NOT be the reason why we would beat the pats.

If anything it seems to me that teams with dominant D lines are what give them the most trouble......creating pass rush without blitzing and making Brady uncomfortable in the pocket

BB makes most qbs look bad. But Dak, a 4th round rookie, was a better passer as a rookie than Tyrod in his 5th year. Why can't that happen again?

I do respect the way Tyrod takes care of the ball but it completely limits us as a team. Watson would definitely throw more INTs. But he'd keep throwing. I prefer the Farve gunslinger over the Alex Smith- Tyrod game manager.

Dare to be great