The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

I think this fits in here rather nicely:

CAMILLE PAGLIA: I am a Bernie Sanders supporter. I voted for Jill Stein. So I want to make that clear.

My feeling is that an election occured.

It is incumbent upon the defeated party to pull itself together, or else we're going to get the reelection of the present administration. That's what I feel right now.

BRUNI: You feel like he is going to get reelected?

PAGLIA: Yes. The Democrats have overplayed their hand. And the -- I just can't imagine--

BRUNI: You're already betting on his reelection less than 100 days in?

PAGLIA: Yes because what the Democrats needed to do-- and the major media, Frank, needed to do was to do some soul-searching.

IT’S COME TO THIS:

That Time a Professional Football Team Fact-Checked The New York Times: An attempt to re-open the stupidest narrative of 2017 backfires spectacularly. When will the media learn to stop creating fake controversies?

It says something about the state of the media today—and something about how certain elements of the media are determined to stir up controversies around President Donald Trump, even where none exist—that a major newspaper found itself on the receiving end of a fact check from a professional football team this week.

Yeah, they sure believed B. O. When he said "if you like your Doctor, you can keep your Doctor period."

But why don't they believe our current President about Mexico paying for the wall? What's not to believe? We pay now and Mexico will pay later

Trump: I will eliminate U.S. debt in 8 years

The Republican presidential front-runner said in a wide-ranging interview with The Washington Post that hed be able to get rid of the more than $19 trillion debt over a period of eight years.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/275003-trump-i-will-eliminate-us-debt-in-8-years

Politicians on both sides of the aisle are guilty of conflating the Debt with the Deficit.

The Deficit (the negative balance between revenue and spending) is easily eliminated within 8 years by slowing the growth of Government.

The Debt (the accumulated Deficit over time) will take decades, if not over a century to eliminate. The first step in eliminating the Debt is to eliminate the Deficit. The next step is to continuously run a budget surplus over time to pay off the principal of the Debt rather than just paying to service the interest on the existing Debt

I think this fits in here rather nicely:

Ms. Paglia has been a rare treasure for 3 decades of my lit-crit leisure time readings, and she is usually well placed out with a thinking response for left-lib political views.

Politicians on both sides of the aisle are guilty of conflating the Debt with the Deficit.

The Deficit (the negative balance between revenue and spending) is easily eliminated within 8 years by slowing the growth of Government.

The Debt (the accumulated Deficit over time) will take decades, if not over a century to eliminate. The first step in eliminating the Debt is to eliminate the Deficit. The next step is to continuously run a budget surplus over time to pay off the principal of the Debt rather than just paying to service the interest on the existing Debt

So it's another blatant lie. Darn media!

So it's another blatant lie. Darn media!

Inflation was the economic problem of the 70s and early 80s.

The choice was made to increase the deficit and tame inflation, which was the wiser move, inflation was a true crippling force in real time.

You can't get rid of both.

The problem is the debt has been removed from the government and put on the individual. I do not see another outlet to kick the can down the road after this stage of debt pushing.

The choice was made to increase the deficit and tame inflation, which was the wiser move, inflation was a true crippling force in real time.

The problem is the debt has been removed from the government and put on the individual. I do not see another outlet to kick the can down the road after this stage of debt pushing.

:blink:

I do, and what you wrote makes no sense at all. How does the deficit--or debt--influence inflation?

Read a little bit about how it was in the 70s and 80s.

Actually you don't have to, you just say whatever you happen to feel based on what you think right now... so don't bother, it's just a football board.

Read a little bit about how it was in the 70s and 80s.

Actually you don't have to, you just say whatever you happen to feel based on what you think right now... so don't bother, it's just a football board.

So you are just assuming there is a direct relationship between the two--deficits and inflation--and nothing else matters? So Reagan's deficits are what took care of inflation? That's your argument?

Chart of national debt 1950-1999

09/30/1981 $ 997,855,000,000.00 less then $1T then the Reagan tax cuts happen , hmm

Male circumcision is a long held belief and is based on cleanliness and practiced for religious and cultural reasons. Female circumcision is also a long held belief in the Middle East and Africa and is purportedly based on cleanliness. I suspect that with the way females are generally treated in those areas that cutting off their clits is a male dominance thing.

I do, and what you wrote makes no sense at all. How does the deficit--or debt--influence inflation?

So, in other words you are saying that you read more than you do. Here's a dunce cap to complete your collection /\

Edited by grinreaper

They're not wrong.

But, given how they slant their reporting with politically loaded words, they are massive hypocrites.

This is insane. They are wrong, and you are an unmitigated moron.

Yes, let's be mightily obtuse by ignoring the act itself, and concentrate on what to call it instead, because doing the former might just indicate the massive inferiority of another culture, when compared to ours. :wacko:

"Cutting" sounds like all that is happening is what various peoples in the world do to make patterns on themselves. Yes, and we all live permanently in Intro to Anthropology class, thus, we can never judge another culture as demonstrably inferior, right? :rolleyes:

Whether that is the intent of this NYT editor is irrelevant: that is the outcome. I know! Instead of "Genital Cutting" we should use "Clit-Clipping".

What? That's an Americanized term for it, is it not? If we use "Clit-Clipping", we never have to fear using any "culturally loaded" terms, since this term is derived from our culture. Since all cultures are equal, ours is too, and thus, "Clit-Clipping" is a valid term for American use. In fact, "Clit-Clipping" is "culturally calibrated" precisely for us. (EDIT: See? I can put a word after "culturally" and make idiocy sound reasonable, too. It's an easy trick to learn.)

Let's just agree to use "Clit-Clipping" to describe this act, then we can congratulate ourselves on our sensitivity and erudition, which is much more fun.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Yes, let's be mightily obtuse by ignoring the act itself, and concentrate on what to call it instead, because doing the former might just indicate the massive inferiority of another culture, when compared to ours. :wacko:

"Cutting" sounds like all that is happening is what various peoples in the world do to make patterns on themselves. Yes, and we all live permanently in Intro to Anthropology class, thus, we can never judge another culture as demonstrably inferior, right? :rolleyes:

Whether that is the intent of this NYT editor is irrelevant: that is the outcome. I know! Instead of "Genital Cutting" we should use "Clit-Clipping".

What? That's an Americanized term for it, is it not? If we use "Clit-Clipping", we never have to fear using any "culturally loaded" terms, since this term is derived from our culture. Since all cultures are equal, ours is too, and thus, "Clit-Clipping" is a valid term for American use. In fact, "Clit-Clipping" is "culturally calibrated" precisely for us. (EDIT: See? I can put a word after "culturally" and make idiocy sound reasonable, too. It's an easy trick to learn.)

Let's just agree to use "Clit-Clipping" to describe this act, then we can congratulate ourselves on our sensitivity and erudition, which is much more fun.

Well, its the "end of the media" I guess according to the right wing propagandists, so who cares?

Look at what they are saying about our honest President Trump now!

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/24/state-department-us-embassy-mar-a-lago-237537

President Donald Trump isn’t the only one promoting his private Mar-a-Lago club as the “winter White House.” His foreign policy team has gotten in on it too.

The State Department and at least two U.S. embassies — the United Kingdom and Albania — earlier this month circulated a 400-word blog post detailing the long history of the president’s South Florida club, which has been open to dues-paying members since the mid-1990s and is now used by Trump for frequent weekend getaways. He has hosted foreign leaders there twice.

They act like he is turning the presidency into a private business

You're going to argue they're wrong by getting all pissy and using inflammatory language they eschew as inflammatory, which is what you're claiming they're wrong about?

[This is an automated response.]

GreatAllAdder.gif

Created by DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.10.

Edited by DC Tom

WHY IS NBC LYING ABOUT ELIZABETH WARREN? In a story headlined Trump Again Derides Elizabeth Warren as ‘Pocahontas,’

NBC’s Daniel Arkin writes: “President Donald Trump returned to one of his most derogatory insults Friday, referring to Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren as “Pocahontas” — a jab at her Native American ancestry.”

Now I’m sure that Arkin knows that this isn’t a jab at her “Native American ancestry,” but at her fake Native American ancestry. So why pretend otherwise?

To make Trump look bad. Which I guess explains why more people trust Trump than the media after 100 days.

#FAKENEWS: Trump Trance Strikes Again: Trump Says ‘Senate Rules,’ Left Hears ‘Constitution.’

“You know, I’m honestly starting to think that Trump has actually driven a lot of people to madness.” Well, to be fair, most of them were close enough to walk.

Plus: “In any case, it really is more of the Trump Trance effect: Trump says something, and people decide he said something else, even — by careful manipulation of context and straight out misquotation — apparently quote him as saying something else. And people believe it, and — if you were to look at my Twitter feed — get really angry when it’s pointed out it’s just not true.”

They need Trump to be as awful as they think he is, or all their crazed #resistance just looks crazed and tawdry. Which is what it is.

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/263826/

#FAKENEWS: Trump Trance Strikes Again: Trump Says ‘Senate Rules,’ Left Hears ‘Constitution.’

“You know, I’m honestly starting to think that Trump has actually driven a lot of people to madness.” Well, to be fair, most of them were close enough to walk.

Plus: “In any case, it really is more of the Trump Trance effect: Trump says something, and people decide he said something else, even — by careful manipulation of context and straight out misquotation — apparently quote him as saying something else. And people believe it, and — if you were to look at my Twitter feed — get really angry when it’s pointed out it’s just not true.”

They need Trump to be as awful as they think he is, or all their crazed #resistance just looks crazed and tawdry. Which is what it is.

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/263826/

So Trump didn't say the Constitution was archaic, but they're upset for thinking that's what he said, even though less than six months ago they blamed the archaic Constitution for Trump being elected.

[This is an automated response.]

The dissonance...it...hurts...

Created by DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.10.

And of course the reason the Obama Stimulous©, Green Shoots, Summer of Recovery 2.0, Summer of Recovery 3.0, Summer of Recovery 4.0, Summer of Recovery 5.0, Summer of Recovery 6.0, and Summer of Recovery 7.0 never took off was Republican consumers didn't go shopping because they wanted Obama to fail

:rolleyes:

And there are people that accept this line of thought :wallbash:

Holy crap, this guy is nuts.

"was the Katrina debacle, in which everyone could see the Bush administration’s callousness and incompetence playing out live on TV."

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1484139/posts