The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

Trump on pace to surpass 8 years of Obama's travel spending in 1 year

Donald Trump's travel to his private club in Florida has cost over an estimated $20 million in his first 80 days as president, putting the president on pace in his first year of office to surpass former President Barack Obama's spending on travel for his entire eight years.

Not only does Trump travel frequently, but New York City officials have said it costs between $127,000 to $146,000 a day to protect first lady Melania Trump when she is in New York and the president is not there.

"The habitual vacationer, @BarackObama, is now in Hawaii. This vacation is costing taxpayers $4 milion +++ while there is 20% unemployment," Trump tweeted in 2011 with an incorrect unemployment figure.

Trump later tweeted: "President @BarackObama's vacation is costing taxpayers millions of dollars——Unbelievable!"

hypocrisy ?

jet fuel can't melt steel beams!

:D:D:D Why did building 7 fall?

Trump on pace to surpass 8 years of Obama's travel spending in 1 year
Donald Trump's travel to his private club in Florida has cost over an estimated $20 million in his first 80 days as president, putting the president on pace in his first year of office to surpass former President Barack Obama's spending on travel for his entire eight years.
Not only does Trump travel frequently, but New York City officials have said it costs between $127,000 to $146,000 a day to protect first lady Melania Trump when she is in New York and the president is not there.
"The habitual vacationer, @BarackObama, is now in Hawaii. This vacation is costing taxpayers $4 milion +++ while there is 20% unemployment," Trump tweeted in 2011 with an incorrect unemployment figure.
Trump later tweeted: "President @BarackObama's vacation is costing taxpayers millions of dollars——Unbelievable!"
hypocrisy ?

But he just donating his first check of his salary (about $78,000) to the National Park service. Never mind his budget proposal cuts 1.5 billion dollars from the Interior Department. Did I mention he's the king of self promotion?

That's the BIG question for me. Wasn't included in the 911 report ...

One couldn't do a better demolition if one tried.

Can anyone here explain it?

:wallbash: I was being sarcastic. Here's an article explaining it. Take it or leave it.

What article?

You say you're providing an explanation, then omit the explanation? My God...you're part of the conspiracy!

Did you notice that his writing style was different from one post to the other? Has the Deep State hacked his TBD account??

They're more fair and balanced than MSNBC and CNN... and ABC, CBS, and NBC for that matter.

its been an incredible turn-around for fox in that regard

back when little george was president fox was completely off the hook with its one-dimensional portrayal of everything ultra conservative. they basically started the current model of outright lying about news reports to make them more salacious click magnets

fast forward to today and i would have to agree they are probably the most balanced of the major news networks. msnbc long ago took over the mantle of hyper-partisan shilling. cnn isnt too bad but their liberal bias is still obvious

it makes sense, tho. when your preferred party (that of your viewers) is in power you need to be more extreme to differentiate and create outrage that drives viewership. when your party is out of power you really just have to present the news and the general discontent that most ppl have will make whatever is present into something bad. in this current climate that has just finished lurching left fox really doesnt have to be insanely partisan to stand out

if the country was really lurching right again i would predict fox would become more outrageous in short order. but i dont think this mistake into donaldland marks another major cultural shift. i think its really more of a correction against the runaway liberalism that was so fkg annoying

i think weve had our fill of hyper-conservatism following 9/11, and the hyper-liberalism that whipsawed away from that. well at least until we forget those important lessons, say in another ten years. hopefully by then our news media will get away from this 'salaciousness at all cost' approach and get back to reporting the news. i doubt it but heres hoping

At least "both sides guy" isn't foolish enough to hitch his wagon to either of these tire fire organizations.

You go "both sides guy".

Serious question, which political party is NOT corrupt?

I don't expect anyone to believe that either major political party is a picture of virtue. But there is not always an equal and opposite equivalent to everything either.

And while most things lie somewhere between the two extremes, most fall closer to one side or the other. The middle isn't the sacred ground many of us envision.

:D:D:D Why did building 7 fall?

It was part of the international jewish conspiracy devised by Cheney and implemented by Bush to drum up support for a war for oil in the middle east to benefit Halliburton. Because blowing up the twin towers without taking down building 7 too just wouldn't have been enough. It would be like trying to do an ab workout in 6 minutes.

It was part of the international jewish conspiracy devised by Cheney and implemented by Bush to drum up support for a war for oil in the middle east to benefit Halliburton. Because blowing up the twin towers without taking down building 7 too just wouldn't have been enough. It would be like trying to do an ab workout in 6 minutes.

The execution was flawless. Perfectly synchronized bombs planted on each floor going off from top to bottom within two hours of two Boeing 767 jets packed with enough fuel to fly across country hitting the towers. Well played Mr. President.

The execution was flawless. Perfectly synchronized bombs planted on each floor going off from top to bottom within two hours of two Boeing 767 jets packed with enough fuel to fly across country hitting the towers. Well played Mr. President.

bush was so tactical and precise that he was able to do this after not even a year in office (I can't remember?( that he pulled this off but could not get FEMA to get water to NOLA or find any traces of weapons in Iraq?

Yeah, he was a genius or a do of us.