The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

The mainstream media is in open warfare with Trump.

Trump is returning the favor.

Who’s winning in the battle for public opinion?

According to a WSJ/NBC News poll released today, Trump is winning.

The Hill reports:

A majority of Americans believe news organizations are too critical of President Trump, according to a Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll released Sunday.

Fifty-one percent of Americans said the media is too critical of Trump, while 41 percent think news organizations have been fair and objective.

The poll also found that Americans are becoming more optimistic about where the country is headed, with 40 percent saying it is headed in the right direction. In December, 33 percent felt that way, compared to 18 percent in July.

Edited by B-Man

The mainstream media is in open warfare with Trump.

Trump is returning the favor.

Who’s winning in the battle for public opinion?

According to a WSJ/NBC News poll released today, Trump is winning.

The Hill reports:

A majority of Americans believe news organizations are too critical of President Trump, according to a Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll released Sunday.

Fifty-one percent of Americans said the media is too critical of Trump, while 41 percent think news organizations have been fair and objective.

The poll also found that Americans are becoming more optimistic about where the country is headed, with 40 percent saying it is headed in the right direction. In December, 33 percent felt that way, compared to 18 percent in July.

That's bull ****. They're not being critical at all. They're being petulant little whiny princesses acting like they've been scorned at the junior prom. They'd have to actually report something to be critical.

More from the poll.............

NBC/WSJ poll (D+5 sample)

: GOP viewed significantly more favorably than Dems.

Pelosi = least liked politician in USA (-25) vs Trump (-4):

C5r1N5XUwAElGPn.jpg

Just for grins I'd like to see non-political items placed into that poll, just to see how well these pols & parties fare by comparison. Like for instance, chlamydia, tumors, or gatorman. Could Pelosi possibly be less popular than anal warts?

Just for grins I'd like to see non-political items placed into that poll, just to see how well these pols & parties fare by comparison. Like for instance, chlamydia, tumors, or gatorman. Could Pelosi possibly be less popular than anal warts?

Hey stupid! You said you were ignoring me. I was happy with that. You are a complete POS. Please ignore me :)

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/george-w-bush-trump-media-235430

Duh! George Bush giving Republicans a basic civics lesson your average high schooler understands already

Former President George W. Bush said Monday that the media is “indispensable to democracy,” a break from the position of his fellow Republican, President Donald Trump, who has called the press “the enemy of the American people.”

“I consider the media to be indispensable to democracy. That we need the media to hold people like me to account,” Bush told Matt Lauer, anchor of NBC’s “Today” show. “I mean, power can be very addictive and it can be corrosive, and it's important for the media to call to account people who abuse their power, whether it be here or elsewhere.”

Impossible! Pelosi has to look up to see whale ****. Anal warts will be Rose Bowl Parade Queens before she becomes viewed as anything other than a giant genetic mutant.

Different poll format...but I recall a poll a few years ago that ranked Congress below lice, cockroaches, and Nickelback. But slightly above telemarketers, the Kardashians, and Ebola.

Given that Pelosi may very well be the most toxic person in Congress, it's a reasonable extrapolation that she's slightly less popular than, say, gonorrhea or head lice.

POLLING: Donald Trump is the least popular person in Washington… except for everyone else.

The approval rating for the combined House and Senate stands at 29/60. This shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise because for a very long time now Congress has enjoyed rankings which are perhaps only slightly higher than that of Charles Manson. Still, if President Trump can take consolation from anything it’s the fact that the White House is still more popular by a margin of double digits. Also of interest is the “Right Track / Wrong Track” number. Last September it stood at 30/62. This month it’s at 40/51. Not stellar, but at least heading in the right direction.

How about the political parties themselves? The Republicans, sitting at 32/60, are about as welcome as ants at a picnic. In fact, you couldn’t be much less popular than the GOP unless you happen to be… Democrats. They managed to slide in at 31/58.

In terms of the individual power players inside the Beltway, Donald Trump might be able to find at least a small bit of “good news” when the mirror is held up to other influential figures. In the House of Representatives, Speaker Paul Ryan might be feeling rather glum about his 34% approval mark which is even worse than Trump’s. The only thing which might cheer him up a bit is to see that his colleague Nancy Pelosi is sitting at 19. Over on the Senate side, Mitch McConnell and Chuck Schumer are nearly in a dead heat racing for the bottom with rankings in the low to mid teens.

It’s at least somewhat interesting that you rarely hear any of these other numbers discussed on cable news or written about at any length in the nation’s major newspapers. Bad news for Donald Trump is a headline. Bad news for other government leaders (particularly Democrats) seems to be of far less interest
. The fact is that the nation is restive at the moment and undergoing a period of serious change.

Doesn’t fit the narrative.

How outraged were they that Bill Clinton got blow jobs and hummers in the Oval Office? Hmmm? (pun intended) I can't recall their outrage at that. Oh yes. I do. I remember Schmucky Schumer being outraged that his young daughter asked him, "Daddy, what is 'oral sex'?" He told her that it's when "people talk about sex". What a prince.