The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

My goodness this photo is going to trigger some people straight the hell to death.

C57_GXRU4AAzazu.jpg

President Trump is speaking aboard aircraft carrier USS Gerald R. Ford

Stephen Miller Retweeted The Boston Globe

He should dress this way every day. Only missing a pipe.

Edited by B-Man

Used to be, decades ago, that the State of the Union wasn't a joint address to Congress, but just a letter sent to them from the President. I actually hope that, next year, Trump just up and says "Fine, if you're going to boycott it, there's no sense in going through the whole circus. I'll just send you a report." Just to watch the left melt down over "He's not addressing Congress! It's unconstitutional! The president's required to address the joint session of Congress we're boycotting!"

Of course, it could also be that Waters, et al., are boycotting in hopes that someone blows up the Capitol, and they're the only ones left in government.

I'm hoping for something different. I hope he prepares a powerpoint presentation with lots of numbers, graphs and charts and presents the facts on the issues he plans to address and how. I hope that he solicits help from cabinet level members of his administration to participate in the presentation and that collectively they deliver a true state of the union presentation. And if that takes 3 hours, so be it.

I'm hoping for something different. I hope he prepares a powerpoint presentation with lots of numbers, graphs and charts and presents the facts on the issues he plans to address and how. I hope that he solicits help from cabinet level members of his administration to participate in the presentation and that collectively they deliver a true state of the union presentation. And if that takes 3 hours, so be it.

So, Congress would have to read it to know what's in it?

Do the Democrats see their only hope as getting an investigation going and somehow reliving Watergate?

Prof. Ann Althouse

It's so sad, and so negative. So backward-looking and devoid of promise. But perhaps that is all they've got.

And then there's the media. The NYT and the Washington Post have a motivation to ally with the Democratic Party in its last-ditch effort to Watergatize Trump after Trump's endless criticisms of them. And this anti-Trump approach may get them a spike in readership, even as it repels some readers like me.

I'm missing the sense that I'm getting the normal news. It seems unfair and shoddy not to cover the President the way you'd cover any President. What looks like an effort to stigmatize Trump as not normal has — to my eyes — made the media abnormal.

I know some journalists argued that the normal approach shouldn't apply to covering Trump, because Trump is not normal, but that's not my idea of professionalism. Even if they were to regard professionalism in those terms — if the object of the news goes low, journalism should go low — they'd still be on the hook to continually maintain the perception that their antagonist really is low, and if they use their pages to strain to portray him as low to justify their continual debased presentation of the news, they're self-dealing and double counting.

The more seemingly normal Trump becomes — as with his speech to Congress the other day — the more the anti-Trump approach of the news media feels like a hackish alliance with the Democratic Party in its sad, negative, backward-looking effort to disrupt the President the people elected.

I would prefer for the Democratic Party to find something strong and positive to offer us in the next election and for the national media to play it straight on solid journalistic principles. Maybe they could take Trump's "great again" slogan seriously and personally. Meanwhile, we elected a President, and we deserve to see him have the opportunity to do his job. We all deserve that, whether we are in the segment of America that voted for him or not.

Huh? NPR Blames ‘White Nostalgia’ for Trump on Classic Rock

Did you know your tax dollars support articles that all but label President Donald Trump racist?

The writer then shares classic song lyrics from Tom Petty, Bruce Springsteen and Billy Joel that hearken back to a simpler age. In each case, it’s about nostalgia for the past, or at least the past that shares less wrinkles than the present.

Not to the NPR writer. It’s always about race, and equal rights and elements of the past we’ve (rightly) left behind. To liberal scribes, we cannot look back at the past with any fondness because of the cultural inequities of the era.

To do so makes one a racist. It’s that absurd.

CBS Bizarrely Claims Obama ‘Never Criticized’ Republicans ‘Personally’

meme-foda-se_esta_merda-original.jpg

Watch her face just before he is cut off. How are even the anti-Trump people not disturbed by these kind of interruptions?

http://<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">CNN cuts guest's feed after he mentions terror link to refugees. <br><br>JUST A COINCIDENCE. <a href="https://t.co/RyaJODi6Jj">pic.twitter.com/RyaJODi6Jj</a></p>— Paul Joseph Watson (@PrisonPlanet) <a href="

">March 7, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> Edited by HoF Watkins

Wow, only a complete idiot would compare slaves to immigrants.

Here is Obama in 2015:

Certainly, it wasn’t easy for those of African heritage who had not come here voluntarily and yet in their own way were immigrants themselves. There was discrimination and hardship and poverty. But, like you, they no doubt found inspiration in all those who had come before them. And they were able to muster faith that, here in America, they might build a better life and give their children something more.

Here is Carson:

That’s what America is about, a land of dreams and opportunity. There were other immigrants who came here in the bottom of slave ships, worked even longer, even harder for less. But they too had a dream that one day their sons, daughters, grandsons, granddaughters, great-grandsons, great-granddaughters, might pursue prosperity and happiness in this land.

JAKE TAPPER AT: TRUMP REQUIRES MORE FACT CHECKING THAN OBAMA DID.

Translation into plain English: Now that there’s a Republican in the White House, we don’t have someone to act as a blocking back for, and invite kids on air to sing his praises and ask for socialized medicine.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

According to Pulitzer Prize winning Politifact, which fact checks statements made by presidents...Donald Trump lies 50% of the time ("False" and "Pants on fire" statementst). If you throw in "mostly false" statements, Trump jumps to a whopping 70%. 70% of his statements are lies !!!

For comparison's sake, Barack Obama lies 14% of the time, or 26% if you throw in "mostly false" statements.

There's a stark difference there. So Tapper sounds just exactly correct: Trump requires a lot more fact checking, because he lies at a much greater rate than Obama. Not opinion, statistical fact.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

According to Pulitzer Prize winning Politifact, which fact checks statements made by presidents...Donald Trump lies 50% of the time ("False" and "Pants on fire" statementst). If you throw in "mostly false" statements, Trump jumps to a whopping 70%. 70% of his statements are lies !!!

For comparison's sake, Barack Obama lies 14% of the time, or 26% if you throw in "mostly false" statements.

There's a stark difference there. So Tapper sounds just exactly correct: Trump requires a lot more fact checking, because he lies at a much greater rate than Obama. Not opinion, statistical fact.

so when you simply check the facts you're more likely to find they're false. simple as that.

so when you simply check the facts you're more likely to find they're false. simple as that.

Is that really what you took from that?

70% vs 26%. My point in posting it was to suggest that yes, Tapper has a point. You have to fact check Trump more because he (demonstrably, statistically) lies more often. Simple as that.

• Like (+1) 1

Is that really what you took from that?

70% vs 26%. My point in posting it was to suggest that yes, Tapper has a point. You have to fact check Trump more because he (demonstrably, statistically) lies more often. Simple as that.

I read 62% of your post then read 33% of mein Kampf. Then read 67.1% of statistics are not right.