Trump and Russia

I recommend learning with iron sights before adding optics.

Yeah, this new use of the word "optics" as a synonym of "appearance" gets on my nerves, and is probably the result of a focus group impact study.

He's trying to do his !@#$ing job and no matter what he does the MSM and the left hound him. We're dealing with pure hypocrisy. When an ACLU attorney can admit in court that Trump's travel ban would have been ok if only Hillary had issued it and when dumb schit Maxine Walters can say that Comey's firing was bad because Trump did it, but would have been ok if Hillary had then even you libs should feel ashamed.

Whatabouthillary?

False equivalencys!

Kellyanne, is that you?

Yeah, this new use of the word "optics" as a synonym of "appearance" gets on my nerves, and is probably the result of a focus group impact study.

I'm used to the word now, but when these things start, they drive me nuts, too. You never heard anybody say it in that way - and then every channel you turn out, they are saying optics!

Same thing happened in 2008. Never heard the word vetting. Then all of a sudden - Sarah Palin wasn't vetted!

They go from not being a word to being used by everybody overnight.

As you said, we already had a word - appearances. Why do we need optics?

As you said, we already had a word - appearances. Why do we need optics?

Because any specialized field has its own jargon, and using that jargon makes you an insider and increases how you're perceived to provide value within that field.

Basically, optics has better optics.

Because any specialized field has its own jargon, and using that jargon makes you an insider and increases how you're perceived to provide value within that field.

Thanks for making that so clear.

True.

We should vet these people better, so they don't need jargon when they get in their fields.

Show the evidence!

Sir, investigations are used to gather evidence.

Where is it!

Sir, the investigation is ongoing.

Case closed!

Even the Republicans and Trump believe the Russians tried to interfere in the election.

Whether there was collision between the Trump campaign and Russia is an open question. I doubt it but Trump should STFU and let the investigation conclude. The more he talks, fires Comey with the investigation on his mind, and threatens with things like "tapes," the more he edges to obstruction of justice. But he's an ass who can't help himself. Of course he fired Comey because of the investigation.

Edited by Benjamin Franklin

My favorite new word that seems to be the rave now among TV and editorial types which is "unpack".

"Here's what Trump said." Queue to video of Trump jacking his jaws. "there's a lot there, so let me unpack it." In other words, you're too stupid to understand it so I'll have to put my own spin on it and explain it to your dumb A$$.

Edited by reddogblitz

My favorite new word that seems to be the rave now among TV and editorial types which is "unpack".

"Here's what Trump said." Queue to video of Trump jacking his jaws. "there's a lot there, so let me unpack it." In other words, you're too stupid to understand it so I'll have to put my own spin on it and explain it to your dumb A$$.

Haven't heard that one yet. Thank God.

The President is THE classifying authority. He can basically do with classified info whatever he wants.

Doesn't mean he's not a complete !@#$ing idiot, though.

Nothing new about his impulsive idiocy. That was well established long before his move to 1600.

Nothing new about his impulsive idiocy. That was well established long before his move to 1600.

And at least he was up-front about it, and didn't put the info on a server in his crapper for Putin to hack...

It was and continues to be reinforced.

But regardless of that, the Washington Post has a clear agenda with ISIS and it's "sources" which are not in the best interest of the country. IMO it's far better to steer clear of their bias on that issue than to take anything they say at face value.

The president is literally handing the Democrats the 2018 House and all three branches in 2020 if the Dems play their cards right and don't run establishment candidates. Stop blaming Russia, misogyny, racism, xenophobia, Comey and look in the mirror and figure out how you've become the minority on every level of government. Now, stop talking about how awful Trump is and give the people something to vote for that isn't the status quo platform Hillary ran on. That means more progressive policies (single payer, more taxes on the wealthy and corporations, break up the big banks, pro union, college debt relief, etc.). Every national poll I've seen the majority of Americans are for these measures. People don't care how we're going to pay for it because we are a self gratifying impulse society. Will they? Probably not. Don't want to upset the donors.

Also, why so many Dems are rooting for Trump to be impeached is beyond me? You want a stable White House with a far right conservative like Mike Pence running the country? Also, even if there was collusion which they still have no proof, how exactly did that impact the election? I still haven't heard any good answers.