Trump and Russia

53 minutes ago, daz28 said:

He kinda did ask for the dirt, and the way I read the law he wouldn't have had to receive it or need any money to transfer hands.  I guess the only logic is they really did never have any intention to prosecute anyways, because to me the law appears to have been broken.  Probably because they didn't want the can of worms opened that far.

He did take the bait, and it was nefarious.

Opposition "dirt" is SOP for most campaigns, even down at local level politics.  Dirt which is true and sourced from legal sources is fair game.  Hillary's campaign spent millions digging up dirt on Trump and there was nothing illegal with that either except that it was untrue and also used by our government in tandem with media for nefarious purposes.  That's where laws were likely broken. 

Don Jr would have been in big trouble if the "Russians" in the meeting were Russian government officials or representatives of theirs and handed him info on Hillary and got favors in exchange. 

Trump's campaign will likely dig more privately into Joe Biden and his family dealings in Ukraine and China and Iraq for this upcoming cycle.  Completely legit to do so and put out their findings as long as those governments don't contribute.  Rudy's been doing that research already. 

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, keepthefaith said:

Opposition "dirt" is SOP for most campaigns, even down at local level politics.  Dirt which is true and sourced from legal sources is fair game.  Hillary's campaign spent millions digging up dirt on Trump and there was nothing illegal with that either except that it was untrue and also used by our government in tandem with media.  That's where laws were likely broken. 

Don Jr would have been in big trouble if the "Russians" in the meeting were Russian government officials or representatives of theirs and handed him info in Hillary and asking for favors in exchange. 

Trump's campaign will likely dig more privately into Joe Biden and his family dealings in Ukraine and China and Iraq in this upcoming cycle.  Completely legit to do so put out their findings as long as those governments don't contribute.  Rudy's been doing this extensively already. 

How many people are in jail from all the investigating that's been going on the last 50 years?  Then we'll move on to investigating Trumps kids when the Democrats hand pick a AG that will do their bidding.  I've seen every scandal since 1980 unfold, and it really grows tiresome.  By the time something is actually done about anything, I'll be so old I'll probably die of a heart attack from the sheer shock and disbelief that someone actually paid a price for once. 

12 minutes ago, daz28 said:

How many people are in jail from all the investigating that's been going on the last 50 years?  Then we'll move on to investigating Trumps kids when the Democrats hand pick a AG that will do their bidding.  I've seen every scandal since 1980 unfold, and it really grows tiresome.  By the time something is actually done about anything, I'll be so old I'll probably die of a heart attack from the sheer shock and disbelief that someone actually paid a price for once. 

You've never seen a scandal like this. There hasn't been one in our lifetime. I'll also add that there is no shame in being educated about it by DR. He has spent a ton of time in several threads sharing his work with us all. I would say that he (and others as well)  has given any of us who were paying attention an education on the matter. Most of us are appreciative of his efforts. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, sabrecrazed said:

You've never seen a scandal like this. There hasn't been one in our lifetime. I'll also add that there is no shame in being educated about it by DR. He has spent a ton of time in several threads sharing his work with us all. I would say that he (and others as well)  has given any of us who were paying attention an education on the matter. Most of us are appreciative of his efforts. 

Just my opinion, but I think I've seen plenty of massive scandals.  Why would there being shame in listening to someone else's theories?  Any intelligent person is going to take what they think is worth something out of any discussion.  Only a dummy blindly follows, or accepts facts without evidence.  Bottom line, always think for yourself.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Just my opinion, but I think I've seen plenty of massive scandals.  Why would there being shame in listening to someone else's theories?  Any intelligent person is going to take what they think is worth something out of any discussion.  Only a dummy blindly follows, or accepts facts without evidence.  Bottom line, always think for yourself.

This is correct. Which is my point. If you read the relevant threads you will find tons of actual evidence. Not the stuff you'll hear on Maddow.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, sabrecrazed said:

This is correct. Which is my point. If you read the relevant threads you will find tons of actual evidence. Not the stuff you'll hear on Maddow.

I don't watch Maddow.  lol  I've been on political forums for a long time, and have been lurking this one for some time too.  

1 minute ago, Q-baby! said:

By “about” do you mean at least this decade? 

Fair. That's not meant to be a prediction. That's just a turn of phrase. If Flynn's talking, after 2 and a half years of silence -- in light of everything else which has come out just this week, let alone the past two -- I'd say it means that the tide has turned in his favor. If that's accurate (and I'm positive it is), then Flynn's charges being dropped would trigger an avalanche of other legal/political developments that will make every other political scandal in US history look small.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

It'll be interesting to see how some people are covered up for. 

I'm interested in seeing if anything happens to those Covington attorneys. If half of what Flynn says was true (and I have no reason to doubt him), what they did was highly unethical and intentional legal malpractice. To not reveal to a client completely exculpatory information about what the FBI agents said - that goes to the very heart of the case - while pressuring him to take a plea, is horrifying.

In criminal defense, to be found to have committed malpractice, the standard is essentially that the defendant wouldn't have been convicted but for the malfeasance of the attorney.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I'm interested in seeing if anything happens to those Covington attorneys. If half of what Flynn says was true (and I have no reason to doubt him), what they did was highly unethical and intentional legal malpractice. To not reveal to a client completely exculpatory information about what the FBI agents said - that goes to the very heart of the case - while pressuring him to take a plea, is horrifying.

In criminal defense, to be found to have committed malpractice, the standard is essentially that the defendant wouldn't have been convicted but for the malfeasance of the attorney.

I was wondering if they could be disbarred? They seemed to have worked for the FBI, not their client.

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I was wondering if they could be disbarred? They seemed to have worked for the FBI, not their client.

Maybe. Not sure how attorney discipline works in the DC Bar.

Either way, I'm sure it's not a short process.

15 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

...in our Lifetime?........it would be a protracted mess going into 2037 with an eventual hand slap........"can"t we be friends and let bygones be bygones" sounds about right.....

What fresh hell is this?

“Trump issued a symbolic joint statement Saturday with Putin, in a move that has stirred debate within the Trump administration and spawned concern among some lawmakers on Capitol Hill.”

Trump, Putin Statement Stirs Concern Among Some Rare declaration comes amid U.S.-Russian strains, military tension, disinformation complaints.”

3y40lc.jpg

11 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's standard diplomacy. 

Russia is the largest nuclear threat on the planet. Good relations with them should be encouraged, not discouraged. 

"Durr, the 80's called..."

And even if Putin helped Trump win, thanks!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Of course, you're still clinging to a now laughably obsolete narrative. One that's proved to be bunk from the start -- because you're a low information person. Good luck with that in the weeks ahead. 

3y4fp0.jpg

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Fact: Trump was working on a secret hotel deal in Moscow while Russia was trying to get him elected. No wonder he loved wikileaks! 

Link, or is this just another bit of made up horseshit from you?

Oh boy, so where is this story coming from? Great article, but this just jumps out. 

Love of Russia and Putin. During 2017 when Reade was praising Biden, she was condemning Russian leader Vladimir Putin’s efforts to hijack American democracy in the 2016 election. This changed in November 2018, when Reade trashed the United States as a country of “hypocrisy and imperialism” and “not a democracy at all but a corporate autocracy.” 

Reade’s distaste for America closely tracked her new infatuation with Russia and Putin. She referred to Putin as a “genius” with an athletic prowess that “is intoxicating to American women.” Then there’s this gem: “President Putin has an alluring combination of strength with gentleness. His sensuous image projects his love for life, the embodiment of grace while facing adversity.”

In March 2019, Reade essentially dismissed the idea of Russian interference in the 2016 American presidential election as hype. She said she loved Russia and her Russian relatives — and "like most women across the world, I like President Putin … a lot, his shirt on or shirt off.” ?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/04/29/joe-biden-sexual-assault-allegation-tara-reade-column/3046962001/

16 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Oh boy, so where is this story coming from? Great article, but this just jumps out. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/04/29/joe-biden-sexual-assault-allegation-tara-reade-column/3046962001/

Earth to Tiberius : Reade is not running for office.  While Sleepy Joe needs someone to run interference for him you are far from being able to perform that job.

2 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Earth to Tiberius : Reade is not running for office.  While Sleepy Joe needs someone to run interference for him you are far from being able to perform that job.

Sure smells like Putin got to her with some offer or something. One minute condemning his attack on our democracy, then praising him to no end, and suddenly realizes in an election year  she was sexually assulted--not just touched on the shoulder--oh, and Putin is hot with his shirt off

$$$$$$$$$$$$

52 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Sure smells like Putin got to her with some offer or something. One minute condemning his attack on our democracy, then praising him to no end, and suddenly realizes in an election year  she was sexually assulted--not just touched on the shoulder--oh, and Putin is hot with his shirt off

$$$$$$$$$$$$

Biden injected her with his very own stupid serum.