My Realistic Off-Season 8 step Plan

Stussy109

1) Pay Tyrod, we have no other alternative better than him. He was throwing to Scrubs last year...If he is average, he is tradeable on the 2nd year of the deal

2) Let Gilmore walk. I've seen CB greats come and go on the Bills, from Winfield, Clements, McGee, Greer etc. One thing they all did Better than Gilmore is tackle. I've never seen as fundamentally a poor tackler as him get paid elite corner money. Head down shoulder tackles with no wrap up don't work in the NFL. Kevon Seymour can step up (extend him early Eagles style).

3) We need 2 WR's, One in top 2 rounds of the Draft (I like Mike Williams of Clemson the best, pure hands catcher and attacks the football), and one 2nd tier Free Agent. How do you properly evaluate your QB with street free agent scrubs?

4) Let Rob Woods walk, he disappears for months at a time (I don't event want him back for cheap)

5) Pray Aaron Williams recovers, Defense has gone in the shitter consecutive years as soon as he gets hurt. He's the heart and soul of the Defense IMO.

6) Draft a QB round 1 or 2 depending where the value is at WR or QB when time to pick. I like Trubisky the best of the Bunch. Reminds me of Bledsoe/Rivers

7) Dareus needs a full time life coach/personal trainer/personal chef (similar to Dez Bryant in Dallas). He's paid as the franchise player, time to act like one (you aren't 23 anymore)

8) Lets bring back our bread and butter pressure 4-3 Defense. D-Line played contain no pressure way too much last year. We need to dictate, especially at home with the crowd roaring.

Thoughts?

No, TT ain't worth it.

Pay Gilmore with TT's money, he's good in coverage which is what 90% of his job is.

No, we need QBs, 3 good WR's without a guy who can get them the ball is a waste.

Okay.

Okay, praying isn't really a plan.

Yes.

Yes.

We already did.

Edited by FireChan

1) Pay Tyrod, we have no other alternative better than him. He was throwing to Scrubs last year...If he is average, he is tradeable on the 2nd year of the deal

2) Let Gilmore walk. I've seen CB greats come and go on the Bills, from Winfield, Clements, McGee, Greer etc. One thing they all did Better than Gilmore is tackle. I've never seen as fundamentally a poor tackler as him get paid elite corner money. Head down shoulder tackles with no wrap up don't work in the NFL. Kevon Seymour can step up (extend him early Eagles style).

3) We need 2 WR's, One in top 2 rounds of the Draft (I like Mike Williams of Clemson the best, pure hands catcher and attacks the football), and one 2nd tier Free Agent. How do you properly evaluate your QB with street free agent scrubs?

4) Let Rob Woods walk, he disappears for months at a time (I don't event want him back for cheap)

5) Pray Aaron Williams recovers, Defense has gone in the shitter consecutive years as soon as he gets hurt. He's the heart and soul of the Defense IMO.

6) Draft a QB round 1 or 2 depending where the value is at WR or QB when time to pick. I like Trubisky the best of the Bunch. Reminds me of Bledsoe/Rivers

7) Dareus needs a full time life coach/personal trainer/personal chef (similar to Dez Bryant in Dallas). He's paid as the franchise player, time to act like one (you aren't 23 anymore)

8) Lets bring back our bread and butter pressure 4-3 Defense. D-Line played contain no pressure way too much last year. We need to dictate, especially at home with the crowd roaring.

Thoughts?

Perhaps the best CB of all time, Mr. Primetime, was quite possibly the worst tackling defender the league has ever seen. In a pass happy league where all the rules favor the offense, letting a high quality CB walk because he missed a few tackles in his contract year is not a smart move at all.

Edited by Mark80

That's a lot of holes for a GM to address in one off-season. Probably time to start rebuilding, accumulating draft picks, and developing younger players.

Then again, it's Doug Whaley, and trusting him to get most if not all the key decisions correct is folly. This is where the Bills find themselves after 4 off-seasons of his stewardship.

Edited by BillsVet

Thoughts?

1) I agree that they need to keep Taylor, but this should not preclude them from bringing in another potential franchise guy

2) Lots to comment on here, but I'll keep it brief. Compare Gilmore's tackle numbers and coverage stats to the other top-5 corners in the NFL--he's equal or better in each category. To assume that a 6th round pick with very little experience can not only step into his role as the #1 corner, but be worthy of an extension (which the CBA doesn't allow him to get until after the 2018 season) is crazy talk--no offense.

3) The team definitely needs another starting WR, but again, that doesn't preclude them from evaluating the QB. He's leaving plays on the field routinely.

4) Oh stop. Woods may not be a #1, but let's not pretend that he's not a solid player. He'll get more than what's reasonable valuation on the open market, but I'd take him back in a heartbeat if it were at a reasonable rate--he runs crisp routes, has good hands, blocks well, and competes on every snap.

5) Praying is not planning. They need to pick up bodies at safety--they ought to hit the cap casualty market for a guy like Byrd or Bethea.

6) Drafting a QB is a no-brainer if they feel that a guy has franchise potential, but they shouldn't do it just for the sake of doing it. Optimize value--use your picks to get guys that offer long-term impact.

7) What Dareus needs more than anything is sound leadership from his HC

8) No question that they'll be going back to a 43

I agree with all but Dareus. Let him go.

You mean cut him?

No.

First, he's a very, very good football player.

Second, it would cost the team a $33M cap hit to cut him.

1) I definitely think Tyrod is our best shot at being successful as a team with a bridge QB.

2) I agree for different reasons. Gilmore wants elite corner money because he's a press man CB. We will be running a primarily zone scheme, which while I'm sure he can execute just fine, isn't worth the contract we'd need to pay him in my opinion.

3) We have Sammy, Listenbee, and Walt Powell on contract. I agree we need a draft pick, preferably in the top 3 rounds, and an FA. I'd personally like to see us bring back Hunter, draft Malachi Dupre, and bring in an FA such as Jeremy Kerley or Brian Quick.

4) I'm not a Woods fan, so no qualms with this.

5) If AW decides to come back then good for him I suppose, but we need to continue building our roster as if he doesn't exist because his longevity is most certainly in question. I'd like to see us grab one of the top 3 Safeties in the draft as well (Adams, Hooker, or Baker).

6) I'm not for the QBs this year, and I still have hopes for Cardale. Just my personal opinion. I'm sure 1 of them will be a top half starter in the league and people will point to them and say 'See, it wasn't a bad QB class like 2013!' but I couldn't tell you which one it'll be and I don't feel great about any of them in the top 10 if I'm a GM. My plan would be keep Tyrod, bring in an experienced backup, and continue to develop Cardale and evaluate throughout the year. 2018 invest whatever you have to to move up and get the prospect you feel best about.

7) Dareus certainly needs something to get on track. I hate the contract we gave him, but we are more than committed at this point so something needs to happen to ensure that if he misses any games it's an injury and not another suspension for not using his brain.

8) With McDermott & Frazier coming in I suspect this is likely what we'll see, though I don't know how much blitzing we'll see. This should become more clear as we work through FA & the Draft.

1) I agree that they need to keep Taylor, but this should not preclude them from bringing in another potential franchise guy

2) Lots to comment on here, but I'll keep it brief. Compare Gilmore's tackle numbers and coverage stats to the other top-5 corners in the NFL--he's equal or better in each category. To assume that a 6th round pick with very little experience can not only step into his role as the #1 corner, but be worthy of an extension (which the CBA doesn't allow him to get until after the 2018 season) is crazy talk--no offense.

3) The team definitely needs another starting WR, but again, that doesn't preclude them from evaluating the QB. He's leaving plays on the field routinely.

4) Oh stop. Woods may not be a #1, but let's not pretend that he's not a solid player. He'll get more than what's reasonable valuation on the open market, but I'd take him back in a heartbeat if it were at a reasonable rate--he runs crisp routes, has good hands, blocks well, and competes on every snap.

5) Praying is not planning. They need to pick up bodies at safety--they ought to hit the cap casualty market for a guy like Byrd or Bethea.

6) Drafting a QB is a no-brainer if they feel that a guy has franchise potential, but they shouldn't do it just for the sake of doing it. Optimize value--use your picks to get guys that offer long-term impact.

You mean cut him?

No.

Bandit, I agree with everything here except keeping Taylor. I don't know how you give him that extension based on the plays he leaves on the field. What's more, I can't see the Bills giving him that extension and immediately undermining him by drafting his replacement early in the draft - quite probably at 10. The QB controversy would begin before the draft concluded. No incoming coaching staff is going to want that turmoil before they even have their first practice.

No, TT ain't worth it.

Pay Gilmore with TT's money, he's good in coverage which is what 90% of his job is.

No, we need QBs, 3 good WR's without a guy who can get them the ball is a waste.

Okay.

Okay, praying isn't really a plan.

Yes.

Yes.

We already did.

I didn't read much of any of this thread but on history basis alone I agree with what you've said.

Not sure on the tyrod part because we can afford both.

You dump Tyrod the chances of you getting anything better are very low. The season will be a tire fire, IMO.

Who gives a **** about QB controversy. Competition is healthy and brings out the best in people. Turmoil my ass.

LMAO! Seriously? You think McD should start his new regime by ensuring a divided locker room? Wow. Okay, but I'm going to disagree with that. Also, his goal should be to win a championship and he should focus on acquiring a QB who can help him achieve that. I'd be ecstatic if the Bills take a step back in 2018, but improve their long term outlook to where they should be able to compete for a title. That'd beat the hell out of watching a mediocre team with no shot at a Super Bowl try to squeak into the playoffs for a few more seasons.

Bandit, I agree with everything here except keeping Taylor. I don't know how you give him that extension based on the plays he leaves on the field. What's more, I can't see the Bills giving him that extension and immediately undermining him by drafting his replacement early in the draft - quite probably at 10. The QB controversy would begin before the draft concluded. No incoming coaching staff is going to want that turmoil before they even have their first practice.

I think they can make the postseason with Tyrod, and I don't see a ready replacement, so I'm thinking it makes the most sense to commit to him for the 2 years into which the team option would lock him. As to drafting a guy, well, I don't see any chance that either the veterans on the team or the coaching staff would be in a hurry to see a rookie supplant the starter.

1) I definitely think Tyrod is our best shot at being successful as a team with a bridge QB.

2) I agree for different reasons. Gilmore wants elite corner money because he's a press man CB. We will be running a primarily zone scheme, which while I'm sure he can execute just fine, isn't worth the contract we'd need to pay him in my opinion.

3) We have Sammy, Listenbee, and Walt Powell on contract. I agree we need a draft pick, preferably in the top 3 rounds, and an FA. I'd personally like to see us bring back Hunter, draft Malachi Dupre, and bring in an FA such as Jeremy Kerley or Brian Quick.

4) I'm not a Woods fan, so no qualms with this.

5) If AW decides to come back then good for him I suppose, but we need to continue building our roster as if he doesn't exist because his longevity is most certainly in question. I'd like to see us grab one of the top 3 Safeties in the draft as well (Adams, Hooker, or Baker).

6) I'm not for the QBs this year, and I still have hopes for Cardale. Just my personal opinion. I'm sure 1 of them will be a top half starter in the league and people will point to them and say 'See, it wasn't a bad QB class like 2013!' but I couldn't tell you which one it'll be and I don't feel great about any of them in the top 10 if I'm a GM. My plan would be keep Tyrod, bring in an experienced backup, and continue to develop Cardale and evaluate throughout the year. 2018 invest whatever you have to to move up and get the prospect you feel best about.

7) Dareus certainly needs something to get on track. I hate the contract we gave him, but we are more than committed at this point so something needs to happen to ensure that if he misses any games it's an injury and not another suspension for not using his brain.

8) With McDermott & Frazier coming in I suspect this is likely what we'll see, though I don't know how much blitzing we'll see. This should become more clear as we work through FA & the Draft.

Agree with pretty much all of this but would make a couple of small changes. I'd draft Corey Davis in the first then take a safety in the second like Melinfonwu. I think Gilmore is solid but seeing what McDermott did with Norman who was a late round pick I'm fine trusting him to identify someone who can do the job cheaper than what it will take to keep Gilmore.

TT and Gilmore need to go. Frees up close to 30 million in cap space for a team in desperate financial straights with bloated comp and overvalued aging players. Forget the draft for QB help. None of these guys have NFL pedigree. Whaley needs to find a way to swing a deal for Jimmy G on the Patriots. He has the pedigree to be a quality starter and has learned from the best in the business. Stands tall in the pocket, not afraid to throw down middle of the field, very high football IQ. College stats were better than Tony Romo (broke all his school records and 100 passer rating every year he started in college + NFL) With Jimmy G in the fold and at a very affordable price, DW then has plenty of cap space to swing a deal for Alson J and/or Kenny Britt to build up receiving core and possibly a SS or tier 2 corner in free agency. Assume Whaley needs to part with top 2 draft picks for Jimmy G, use balance of draft for safety help and depth on both defensive and offensive lines where value can be found in the later rounds (3 - 6). The worst thing the Bills could do is tie up too much money for two players (Gilmore and TT) who have already shown they can't deliver a playoff birth. They can fill a lot of holes with that money in FA. And to spend a top draft pick on this years' crop of eligible college QBs vs a guy like Jimmy G seems like a no brainer. Jimmy G has the goods to be a quality starter for many years to come and solving the QB problem in Buffalo has to be the top priority for this organization to return to a viable playoff contender. TT is most certainly not the answer

TT and Gilmore need to go. Frees up close to 30 million in cap space for a team in desperate financial straights with bloated comp and overvalued aging players. Forget the draft for QB help. None of these guys have NFL pedigree. Whaley needs to find a way to swing a deal for Jimmy G on the Patriots. He has the pedigree to be a quality starter and has learned from the best in the business. Stands tall in the pocket, not afraid to throw down middle of the field, very high football IQ. College stats were better than Tony Romo (broke all his school records and 100 passer rating every year he started in college + NFL) With Jimmy G in the fold and at a very affordable price, DW then has plenty of cap space to swing a deal for Alson J and/or Kenny Britt to build up receiving core and possibly a SS or tier 2 corner in free agency. Assume Whaley needs to part with top 2 draft picks for Jimmy G, use balance of draft for safety help and depth on both defensive and offensive lines where value can be found in the later rounds (3 - 6). The worst thing the Bills could do is tie up too much money for two players (Gilmore and TT) who have already shown they can't deliver a playoff birth. They can fill a lot of holes with that money in FA. And to spend a top draft pick on this years' crop of eligible college QBs vs a guy like Jimmy G seems like a no brainer. Jimmy G has the goods to be a quality starter for many years to come and solving the QB problem in Buffalo has to be the top priority for this organization to return to a viable playoff contender. TT is most certainly not the answer

I have to ask: it seems that this entire plan is predicated upon the cap space that will be created by not picking up Taylor's option and not re-signing Gilmore; do you seriously expect to be able to get Garappolo to play this season without a starting-QB-market-value extension?

If a team is going to give up a 1st round and mid-round pick for the guy, they better be willing to sign him to a new contract, which kind of undercuts the plan to bring in the other starters in FA that you're discussing here.

I seriously doubt the Patriots would trade us a young good QB since we are in their division. If they would it would be a red flag to me that there is probably something we aren't seeing.

Edited by Hyphe23

I seriously doubt the Patriots would trade us a young good QB since we are in their division. If they would it would be a red flag to me that there is probably something we aren't seeing.

Because we've given them so much reason over the years to worry about us?

They'll maximize what they get in trade, and if it's us who pays, they'll be OK with that. It wouldn't be because there are red flags we aren't seeing, just that they value draft picks an awful lot and we gave them the best value in picks.

What are you talking about?

You think the locker room will be divided over TT and a rookie?

Yes they'll be furious that TT is starting over a guy who's never started a game in the NFL.

Give me a break.

So let's just say they get a Tubisky, Kizer, Watson or Mahomes somewhere in the first or early second round. That's a highly drafted QB to me. Then what happens when Taylor leaves plays on the field in 2018? Watkins already has complained about not getting the ball enough and has shown frustration with Taylor. Tyrod and the team would have to be doing very well to stave off issues. .500 isn't going to cut it and worse would be, well, worse. Do you honestly believe that players won't want to see the highly drafted QB get on the field?

A team just can't give a QB an extension like Tyrod's and then immediately draft another QB high. They'll be a laughingstock - and they'll have earned it. If you commit to a QB like that, you have to use your resources to help him. I'm just imagining Mike Williams sitting there at 10, but the Bills taking Deshaun Watson instead. That message would be clear: "Tyrod, we aren't focused on your success. You're our 2 year, $40.5M bridge." And he shouldn't complain about that kind of money, but that's only because it'd be a ridiculous amount to spend on a bridge - which is the other problem.

Because we've given them so much reason over the years to worry about us?

They'll maximize what they get in trade, and if it's us who pays, they'll be OK with that. It wouldn't be because there are red flags we aren't seeing, just that they value draft picks an awful lot and we gave them the best value in picks.

If you were the Patriots and you thought your division rival Buffalo Bills were a good QB away from being a threat to you and you believe you have a QB that could help get them to that level why would you trade that player to them. Even if we offered the most I wouldn't make that deal if I were the Patriots.

The only way I would if I were them is if I believed Garropolo wasn't good enough to make difference like that to the Bills.

Let Taylor walk. Take Watson if he's there at 10. If he's not, trade out of 10 with someone trying to get ahead of Cleveland for Trubisky. Get a 2nd this year and that teams #1 next year. Play Cardale. If he develops, great. If he doesn't, you likely have 2 high 1st round picks in 2018 as Trubisky likely struggles as a rookie.

Thoughts?

So you're asking us to:

Find a 1st/2nd rd QB

Find a 1st/2nd rd WR

Find a second-tier replacement for Woods

Find a DB1 replacement for Gilmore

Pray and then find a Safety replacement for Williams

Find a life coach for Dareus

Got it.

So you're asking us to:

Find a 1st/2nd rd QB

Find a 1st/2nd rd WR

Find a second-tier replacement for Woods

Find a DB1 replacement for Gilmore

Pray and then find a Safety replacement for Williams

Find a life coach for Dareus

Got it.

All of this with 1 First Rounder and 1 2nd rounder...piece of cake! (Sarcasm)

Thoughts?

Trubisky is much more mobile than Bledsoe & Rivers.

If rebuild is/was the plan Doug and everyone else in the front office should be gone.

Pegula looks to have botched this again.

Why would you fire "everyone" in the front office?

Please evaluate each individual at OBD. Tell me their assigned responsibilities and why they're failing.

I guess tough talk feels good when you're frustrated but a "fire everyone" approach isn't really rational.

The Bills have some difficult decisions to make.

1. Taylor vs Romo vs R1 QB (Watson) or R2 QB (Mahomes) vs trade for vet QB (Rivers). Ideally the Bills retain a vet QB + a R1 or R2 QB + QB C. Jones.

Most likely it will be Taylor + QB Mahomes + QB C. Jones because:

a. Bills could keep Taylor, but will need to restructure his current contract. He could certainly be a much better QB with a better OC/offensive scheme and better WRS.

b. Romo won't likely come to Buffalo if given the choice and the Bills aren't likely to trade a high draft pick(s) for him.

c. McDermott will want to go defense in R1 and then QB in R2. Mahomes would be a steal in R2. I would consider trading down from #10 overall to somewhere around #12 overall, gaining a R2 pick, and then using the first R2 pick to draft Mahomes.

d. Getting Rivers via trade is likely a pipe dream.

2. Dareus is just plain lazy and a pothead. Now that he has his big contract he doesn't seem motivated to play at his best anymore. I would look to move him and his big contract. There may be teams willing to trade multiple high draft picks for him. It would be worth a shot.

3. Cut K. Williams ($8.5M). He's 34 and can't stay healthy. He doesn't do us much good only playing 6-7 games per year.

4. Keep A. Williams if he proves to be healthy, but redo his $6.5M contract.

5. Keep McCoy, but redo his contract.

6. Re-sign Gilmore. He's an excellent cover CB when properly motivated. They are very hard to find. McDermott learned that the hard way in Carolina.

7. Re-sign Z. Brown. He's a Pro Bowl player.

8. Re-sign A. Alexander. Pro Bowl MVP. He can do so many things to help the team.

9. Cut K Carpenter. His game has gone way down hill.

10. Keep Ragland. No-brainer.

11. Cut Felton (who can't run the ball or catch it) and his $2.3M salary. Pick up M. Reece (excellent receiver), who can also run and block and be cheaper. Like adding a pass catching TE.

Possible 2017 Draft strategy based upon this 2017 roster:

QB: Taylor/Mahomes/Jones - Added Mahomes (R2).

RB: McCoy/Gillislee/J. Williams - Add 1 (FA vet).

FB: M. Reece.

TE: Clay/O'Leary/Gragg/L. Thomas - Add 1 (FA vet).

WR: Watkins/Goodwin/Hunter/Tate/Listenbee/D. Lewis/Powell/Easley - Add 2 (FA vet + R2).

O-Line: Glenn/Incognito/Wood/Miller/Mills/Kouandjio/Groy/Henderson/P. Lewis.

K: ??? - Add 1 (FA vet).

P: Schmidt.

LS: Sanborn.

DE: Hughes/Alexander/Sh. Lawson/Enemkpali/L. McCray - Add 1 (FA vet).

DT: C. Bryant/Douzable/Washington/Worthy - Add 3 (2 FA vets + R5).

LB: Z. Brown/Ragland/P. Brown/Humber - Add 2 (FA vet + R6).

CB: Gilmore/Darby/Robey-Coleman/Seymour/C. White - Add 2 (FA vet + R5).

S: A. Williams/Graham/C. Anderson/Meeks/Ihedigbo/S. Brown - Add 2 (FA vet + R3).

Possible 2017 Draft:

R1 - DT

R2 (added) - QB

R2 - WR

R3 - S

R5 - CB

R5 - DT

R6 - LB

The Bills have some difficult decisions to make.

1. Taylor vs Romo vs R1 QB (Watson) or R2 QB (Mahomes) vs trade for vet QB (Rivers). Ideally the Bills retain a vet QB + a R1 or R2 QB + QB C. Jones.

Most likely it will be Taylor + QB Mahomes + QB C. Jones because:

a. Bills could keep Taylor, but will need to restructure his current contract. He could certainly be a much better QB with a better OC/offensive scheme and better WRS.

b. Romo won't likely come to Buffalo if given the choice and the Bills aren't likely to trade a high draft pick(s) for him.

c. McDermott will want to go defense in R1 and then QB in R2. Mahomes would be a steal in R2. I would consider trading down from #10 overall to somewhere around #12 overall, gaining a R2 pick, and then using the first R2 pick to draft Mahomes.

d. Getting Rivers via trade is likely a pipe dream.

2. Dareus is just plain lazy and a pothead. Now that he has his big contract he doesn't seem motivated to play at his best anymore. I would look to move him and his big contract. There may be teams willing to trade multiple high draft picks for him. It would be worth a shot.

3. Cut K. Williams ($8.5M). He's 34 and can't stay healthy. He doesn't do us much good only playing 6-7 games per year.

4. Keep A. Williams if he proves to be healthy, but redo his $6.5M contract.

5. Keep McCoy, but redo his contract.

6. Re-sign Gilmore. He's an excellent cover CB when properly motivated. They are very hard to find. McDermott learned that the hard way in Carolina.

7. Re-sign Z. Brown. He's a Pro Bowl player.

8. Re-sign A. Alexander. Pro Bowl MVP. He can do so many things to help the team.

9. Cut K Carpenter. His game has gone way down hill.

10. Keep Ragland. No-brainer.

11. Cut Felton (who can't run the ball or catch it) and his $2.3M salary. Pick up M. Reece (excellent receiver), who can also run and block and be cheaper. Like adding a pass catching TE.

Possible 2017 Draft strategy based upon this 2017 roster:

QB: Taylor/Mahomes/Jones - Added Mahomes (R2).

RB: McCoy/Gillislee/J. Williams - Add 1 (FA vet).

FB: M. Reece.

TE: Clay/O'Leary/Gragg/L. Thomas - Add 1 (FA vet).

WR: Watkins/Goodwin/Hunter/Tate/Listenbee/D. Lewis/Powell/Easley - Add 2 (FA vet + R2).

O-Line: Glenn/Incognito/Wood/Miller/Mills/Kouandjio/Groy/Henderson/P. Lewis.

K: ??? - Add 1 (FA vet).

P: Schmidt.

LS: Sanborn.

DE: Hughes/Alexander/Sh. Lawson/Enemkpali/L. McCray - Add 1 (FA vet).

DT: C. Bryant/Douzable/Washington/Worthy - Add 3 (2 FA vets + R5).

LB: Z. Brown/Ragland/P. Brown/Humber - Add 2 (FA vet + R6).

CB: Gilmore/Darby/Robey-Coleman/Seymour/C. White - Add 2 (FA vet + R5).

S: A. Williams/Graham/C. Anderson/Meeks/Ihedigbo/S. Brown - Add 2 (FA vet + R3).

Possible 2017 Draft:

R1 - DT

R2 (added) - QB

R2 - WR

R3 - S

R5 - CB

R5 - DT

R6 - LB

I disagree with so much of this I don't know where to start.

So let's just say they get a Tubisky, Kizer, Watson or Mahomes somewhere in the first or early second round. That's a highly drafted QB to me. Then what happens when Taylor leaves plays on the field in 2018? Watkins already has complained about not getting the ball enough and has shown frustration with Taylor. Tyrod and the team would have to be doing very well to stave off issues. .500 isn't going to cut it and worse would be, well, worse. Do you honestly believe that players won't want to see the highly drafted QB get on the field?

A team just can't give a QB an extension like Tyrod's and then immediately draft another QB high. They'll be a laughingstock - and they'll have earned it. If you commit to a QB like that, you have to use your resources to help him. I'm just imagining Mike Williams sitting there at 10, but the Bills taking Deshaun Watson instead. That message would be clear: "Tyrod, we aren't focused on your success. You're our 2 year, $40.5M bridge." And he shouldn't complain about that kind of money, but that's only because it'd be a ridiculous amount to spend on a bridge - which is the other problem.

Last time, the Bills unwillingness to spend on a bridge (Fitzpatrick) led to Kolb, EJ, Cassel, and Orton - not to mention Thad Lewis and Jeff Tuel. Fun times!

Thoughts?

1,agree

2agree, Gilmore is not worth the future trouble

3 we do need wide receivers capable of being professional receivers....from where I am not sure but drafting is a start but not likely the answer

4Woods can go...he will be aver paid in free agency and will never be more than a second receiving option

5 We cannot play Williams , he needs to get out with his health. Frankly I think he is outstanding person but as a result of his injury makes other DB shy

6 If Jones has no future then cut him and draft, but I think it is a waste to use a draft choice on a flyer QB when we just did that, we have so many other needs and we have TT

7 Dareus should be cut, or traded. He has lied and been such a disappointment to his teammates and fans he needs to be shown the door to fix the culture. A new coach needs to take control. No one controls or IMHO can control Dareus. He can be replaced by any 3rd round draft choice. He misses have the games for one reason or another.

8.agree, 4 - 3 is the only answer.

You mean cut him?

No.

How many downs did the man actually take this season?

IMO, he's not worth the roster spot.