The only Mahomes thread you need

Estro

Rivers jumped because he showed up at the Senior Bowl and absolutely killed it. I don't see Mahomes as getting that kind of opportunity but he could move higher into the 1st round on the mocks.

Rivers and Schaub were both cash money in the ACC.

Hate to bust your bubble but Taylor's better than any FA QB out there and he's definitely better than anything we'll get from these QBs coming out of this year's draft.

That's what all the TT fanboys say.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to break it to you guys, but these mofos are gonna take OJ Howard @ 10... IF they take a QB at all, it'll be Chad Kelly in a later round... Done deal here... -Sorry. :nana:

By "here", do you mean in your mind? Long way to go guys. :)

I think at 10 at this point is too high. However a Late first was also too High for Wentz at this point. I do think you are going to see Mahomes stock just continue to rise. And if he is the QB you identify take him (I would prefer a trade back a bit because I think his value really is in the 15-20 range when the process is done with).

But I am sick of waiting on a QB and missing out by a couple picks (Newton, Big Ben, Prescott)

I have no opinion on Mahomes, I haven't watched him.

But what you see these days in terms of QBs in the draft is this ... if you wait till his value, he's already gone. Very few exceptions. If you want a guy, you have to take him a bit earlier than his value would indicate.

Cousins wants much more than $18 per year.

And will get it from the Redskins. Not going to be available.

I have no opinion on Mahomes, I haven't watched him.

But what you see these days in terms of QBs in the draft is this ... if you wait till his value, he's already gone. Very few exceptions. If you want a guy, you have to take him a bit earlier than his value would indicate.

And will get it from the Redskins. Not going to be available.

Absolutely.

He and his agent have made it clear that he is not going to take any discount. He wants what the market would give him---and he is not willing to settle for less. He is basically daring them to franchise him again. His reasoning is that if the organization is unwilling to give him a rich multi-year deal he will make his accumulated money year by year through the franchising process.

Almost everyone believes that a deal will get done. Cousins bet on himself, and he has won the bet.

Rivers and Schaub were both cash money in the ACC.

That's what all the TT fanboys say.

He's way better than your boyfriend. That's for dam sure. Oh yea, and hows Cam Newton doing for ya? LOL

Dabo Swinney feels that Mike Williams is a more complete WR than Watkins AND Hopkins. Enough said. If he's available, and you pass on him, that'll be a big mistake.

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

Mitch Trubinsky looks better than Mahomes, IMO. He has a much better arm, pocket presence, and accuracy.

I just hope we don't draft Kizer, I don't like his playing style. Mahomes seems too high for a 10th overall pick IMO.

Edited by gr8billsfan

You can't wait for value when it comes to drafting a QB. They almost always go earlier then they should. However, picking Mahomes at 10 is a huge reach. I happen to agree with

Gunnerbill's analysis. I wouldn't be against trading back picking up a pick and trying to get him in the second or third round. I have no doubt he is going to be overhyped and probably taken too soon. Question is will it be Buffalo.

Bills cannot afford to overspend to build a champion. See Raiders who got Mack and Carr in the same draft. I love Mahomes but no need to throw away picks to do that or not get him for the right price. If some other teams overpay then you get value and get ready for an even more loaded 2018 QB draft.

Ah, the famous "Next year is the great draft for QBs" cry.

We hear it every year. Every single year, without exception. And then they play the season and everything changes and it's "Nah, nobody this year, but next year is going to be awesome," again.

Honestly, every year next year is the year.

That doesn't mean I think we should force it this year. If your guy isn't there, don't draft a QB. But remember that with fans and pundits this year's candidates are generally over-criticized while next year's are under-examined.

Ah, the famous "Next year is the great draft for QBs" cry.

We hear it every year. Every single year, without exception. And then they play the season and everything changes and it's "Nah, nobody this year, but next year is going to be awesome," again.

Honestly, every year next year is the year.

That doesn't mean I think we should force it this year. If your guy isn't there, don't draft a QB. But remember that with fans and pundits this year's candidates are generally over-criticized while next year's are under-examined.

Just another year of barely whiffing on Russell Wilson and Dak Prescott.

Everyone is always saying BPA, BPA, BPA. That's how the winning franchises draft. Now, this year, I haven't heard a peep about drafting the BPA. Just extend TT or draft Watson or Trubisky or trade down and take Mahomes.

With that said, I will ask the more learned and wise ones out there--who will be the BPA at 10? WR (Williams), Safety (Adams--please! or Hooker), or Corner (Humphrey, Lattimore) or is it QB with Mahomes (or Watson or Trubisky), All positions of need and it seems like the consensus is that the BPA is not a QB but will rather be one of the others and that that player will likely be at least a damn good plug and play starter for a number of years, a starter with one pro bowl year or a multiple pro bowler (all assumimg the medical staff has been replaced!).

Why draft purely based on need when one of our needs will be the BPA. The stars are aligned (because we have so many needs!) so why screw it up? There is no franchise QB and we have the option to sign, i.e., extend the contract of, the best FA QB (who is likewise not a franchise QB but who can be here two more years at an avg salary for a starting QB--crazy but true, look at Sportrac--and who can compete for a wild card with some healthy WRs, a RT via FA who isn't a turnstile and a bettter defense--via draft picks this year and last years' being healthy for the entire offseason). Draft a QB late, continue to develop CJ and maybe we hit the QB lottery next year (I'm now with the draft a QB each year until, we hit--but let's not reach--never seems to work for any team).

Thanks for letting me share!

Mitch Trubinsky looks better than Mahomes, IMO. He has a much better arm, pocket presence, and accuracy.

I just hope we don't draft Kizer, I don't like his playing style. Mahomes seems too high for a 10th overall pick IMO.

I don't know about Trubinsky but Mitch Trubisky does not have a better arm than Mahomes - no way. I like Trubisky better overall but Mahomes has the most arm talent of the QBs in this draft.

The Big Ben and RW situations are quite different. The Bills tried to trade up for Ben but the Jags were afraid that they wouldn't get Reggie Williams if they went back. The Bills couldn't get the deal done but tried hard.

RW, they traded up for TJ freaking Graham. That was just a straight mistake.

The Bills tried to trade up with Houston but they wanted the Cornerback which his name escapes me at the moment. I wonder what Hou was asking for because ten pks later we trade a 2nd and 1st for Losman.

Would the Bills deal Tyrod to the Browns, who reportedly are interested in him and have a ton of draft picks? If so, the Bills could grab two quality players in the top 30, one of whom would be a QB and perhaps the other being a much-needed safety, linebacker, or big-bodied WR/TE?

Fine with me...

Would the Bills deal Tyrod to the Browns, who reportedly are interested in him and have a ton of draft picks? If so, the Bills could grab two quality players in the top 30, one of whom would be a QB and perhaps the other being a much-needed safety, linebacker, or big-bodied WR/TE?

Fine with me...

I don't think TT is fetching a top 30 pick.

Appears Texas Tech and Rex Ryan Bills had similar defensive lapses ... but bottom line .... look at Texas Tech's record .... not a winning record past 3 years .... I'll take QB's who were winners in college ... i.e - Dak at Miss St won 9 games and 10 games last two years in college ... Russell Wilson transferred to Wisconsin and took them to a bowl game in one year (both not 1st round picks) ... don't blow #10 pick on a project ... Cardale came from winning program. We need a QB with leadership / winning skills .. again my problem with Tyrod is limited to no 4th QB comebacks which frankly was the difference between making playoffs and not the last two years ... looking at Texas Tech's record and lack of wins it appears Mahomes may have similar issue leadership wise to pull out the victory. Pass

Appears Texas Tech and Rex Ryan Bills had similar defensive lapses ... but bottom line .... look at Texas Tech's record .... not a winning record past 3 years .... I'll take QB's who were winners in college ... i.e - Dak at Miss St won 9 games and 10 games last two years in college ... Russell Wilson transferred to Wisconsin and took them to a bowl game in one year (both not 1st round picks) ... don't blow #10 pick on a project ... Cardale came from winning program. We need a QB with leadership / winning skills .. again my problem with Tyrod is limited to no 4th QB comebacks which frankly was the difference between making playoffs and not the last two years ... looking at Texas Tech's record and lack of wins it appears Mahomes may have similar issue leadership wise to pull out the victory. Pass

Tim Tebow. Pass.

I'm not so sure. Top 50?

Maybe. It's strange because they Bills don't have that much leverage with the impending option. But QB's in general cost a pretty penny, and Sammy Sleeves cost a 1st, a playoff team 1st from a QB desperate window closing team.

So who knows? I could see #33 and a future second.