is rex the biggest douche bag coach ever?

nuklz2594

Yea, but national brand!

The media took more notice that first summer.... Rex saying we are going, signing Shady, Incognito, finding Tyrod, hammering Luck and the Colts week 1.... then we got pasted by the Pats in week 2 and everyone realised it was the same old Bills and took no notice again.

Rex is the kind of loudmouth idiot I hate Monday to Friday. I don't suddenly start liking that person on a Sunday. I hated him as Head Coach of the Jets I hated him being hired here and I never believed he had what it took to be successful.

Do you want an obvious example of why this organization is in disarray? It's not that the loquacious HC failed because that was predictable. Stupid crippling key decisions by ownership and management continue to set this franchise back even when it appears that it is clawing forward. Not only was the hiring of this huckster ridiculous but giving him a lucrative five year contract with the team having no options within that period compounded that stupendous mistake.

When Rex was given the boot in NY he made excuses. When Rex was given the boot in Buffalo he made excuses. What's the surprise? We got what we bought.

I was slightly worried the defense would take a step back with Rex due to the scheme change.

I didn't expect the defense to fall off a cliff...

Poor scheme and fit relative to talent. Overlapping coaching and too many voices in the players' ears. Lack of discipline and intelligence. etc etc.

The difference between winning and losing can be miniscule. Marrone had many faults as a coach and as a person but he did instill a degree of accountability and discipline. When compared to the Rex regime is was evident. I believe that with good coaching the Bills could have won two to maybe three more games last year. The outlook toward this team would be much different and sunnier.

But but, he was going to take the Bills to the playoffs, I packed my bags and everything! The Pegulas obviously thought that too or they would have not guaranteed him all 5 years of money! How could he turn out to be a douche if the Bills owners and fans liked him so much?

I never liked him. He was always a buffoon and blowhard to me.

I understand Rex was far from perfect. Getting personal on the field was a huge issue . However firing a coach with a 15-16 record after two years is rare. I can understand his point of view. I am not saying Rex should have stayed. I am just saying his dismissal isn't the norm

It also isn't the norm for a defensive genius to take the 4th ranked defense and drop them below 20 for two years in a row. That alone deserves the ax, a kick in the ass, and a pitchfork.

I understand Rex was far from perfect. Getting personal on the field was a huge issue . However firing a coach with a 15-16 record after two years is rare. I can understand his point of view. I am not saying Rex should have stayed. I am just saying his dismissal isn't the norm

Rex fired the Off Coordinator in less time when he D was falling apart

Rex's first move was to have some beers and wings at the Big Tree......that is as close as he got to doing the right thing for 2 years

Ha! I was going to say Glanville. Wyche is a good choice though. Remember his "you're not from Clevelend" stunt?

I had considered adding that, despite Wyche's antics, Glanville still somehow came across as the bigger douchebag of the two. :lol:

Oh man..is this true?? If so, can we fire McDermott and hire Wyche tomorrow?

Seriously, that's one of the best football anecdotes I've ever heard.

Yes, it is true. I remember catching it live, and laughing my ass off.

There was bad blood between the two of them for quite some time. That game was just the apex of it. But what an apex...

Nope, I think Petrino has that locked up

Art Briles was overseeing a band of personally recruited rapists. This moral degenerate who worked for a Christian College saw nothing and heard nothing. In his perverted way of thinking he was the one being persecuted. If he had a daughter who was ganged raped his disgusting attitude toward abuse would certainly change.

Art Briles was overseeing a band of personally recruited rapists. This moral degenerate who worked for a Christian College saw nothing and heard nothing. In his perverted way of thinking he was the one being persecuted. If he had a daughter who was ganged raped his disgusting attitude toward abuse would certainly change.

Sadly I don't believe that Briles is all that unique. This attitude is pervasive on campuses across the country. Football programs make tons of money, and these programs are willing to overlook almost anything to preserve this. I'm not saying this happens everywhere. I just think that the response or lack thereof would happen at a great number of universities. Universities claim to be beacons of morality and social responsibility, yet they generally ignore anything and everything if it effects their bottom line. I totally agree that Briles was disgusting and a total dbag. However, I think a list of dbag coaches could probably have 100's of college coaches on it. We probably only see the tip of the iceberg of what really goes on in college football. It's also ok to beat women according to Bob Stopps until he got called out on it.