Perhaps Dennison should adapt to the Bills existing offense.

gjv001

To me the fundamental WCO is a short passing game to RBs and WRs/TEs to set up the run. I just.dont see this from Tyrod as instead Tyrod exceeds in deep passing open up the defense for him to run or dump off to a RB.

I wouldn't get too caught up in the WCO label. It's better to say that Dennison's system incorporates certain principles of it. We can say the same for Andy Reid's offense as well. The league's defenses caught up to the WCO a while ago and that offense has evolved over time in response.

I'm with you with regards to TT as I haven't seen it from him either. I'm just not sure if that's more because of what Roman's system asked of him or if he really lacks the skill set. And I really wonder how much Dennison's coaching experience with TT informs him, too.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah lets keep 1970s football that is not good enough to win when needed because it Hides a QB that is not good enough to win when needed.

Agreed.....no need to keep the offense

I don't think it's a given that Dennison should adapt to the existing offense at all. Who's to say Taylor wouldn't be even better in Dennison's preferred system? Other than the coaches, I mean.

Agreed

Yeah lets keep 1970s football that is not good enough to win when needed because it Hides a QB that is not good enough to win when needed.

Uh, no. With the offensive production we had last year, if we would have had a top 10 defense we would have been in the playoffs.

Like all the hires except OC. This guy didn't call plays and when he did on a limited basis, it seems that the offense in Denver pretty much sucked. Furthermore, the fans and players weren't exactly disappointed after he wasn't retained. I prefer guys who adjust their scheme around the players than the other way around. I hope I am wrong but I am not too enthusiastic about this offense in 2017 under this guy's watch.

If Tyrod Taylor is retained, would it not be best to keep the same offense

that we've been running the past two years. Why scrap a top ten scoring

offense and instill a new one that will necessitate a learning curve.

Wouldn't that depend on wether or not they draft a QB in say the 1st or 2nd round to learn behind Taylor? If they donyour designing the offense that will best suit THAT player and not Taylor.

THIS!

POINT: The 4 Best passing QBs were in the championship games this year. Coincidence? I don't think so.

A better designed passing offense would be nice.

Still I hope he takes a lot of what we did on offense last season into the next one.

Historically good running game, not a lot of turnovers, and a top 7 scoring offense.

Why change?

I'm sure he will continue to get the ball to McCoy and Gilislee as much as possible. I'm sure if TT is here, he will utilize him as a runner at times. I'm sure he will emphasize not turning the ball over. I hope he works on our passing game and it looks more like the Seahawks game.

I've said in several threads that given how dissimilar Roman's system is we haven't seen much of anything from TT to suggest he can run Dennison's preferred schemes.

That doesn't mean he can't, necessarily. Although I'm inclined to think he's not best suited for the for that kind of offense, especially operating from under center and the play action aspects of that particular system, he has been exposed to it and Dennison coached him, so I'm not convinced the coaches necessarily agree with me, either.

We'll know soon enough if the coaches think he's the guy or not.

there is some comfort in the new guy having familiarity with the player beyond film when making the decision this spring.

in baltimore there was a bit of the run the ball and hit the occassional bomb going on too (recall that SB run) -- so it wouldnt be crazy to see our offense continue that. that said, its tough to rely on that week in and week out which is in part why the ravens offense goes up and down a lot it seems (i dont watch them CLOSE but it seems they run hot/cold). a good qb that can work the intermediate and short game definitely gives more week in and week out sustainability. but if we win more than we lose in the regular season and hit a hot streak in january we could end up like the ravens SB team i suppose.

No actually I don't. I hate EJ more. But he is gone and it is decided he is not good enough. Sorry I just want Modern Football with the QB to match

Do you consider Seattle, Denver, Dallas, and Pittsburgh modern football? I too want a more potent passing attack. I too don't want to rely on Watkins and TT bombs. But you can win a lot of games with a ground attack leading the way. Not the way I would do it, but you can not say it doesn't work.