Marquise Goodwin: Stay or Go?

Flash Goodwin: Stay or Go?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Bills Keep Goodwin in 2017?

• Stay: He's cheap and fulfills a role
    • Go: He provides little value

I think Goodwin is a solid receiver, and the Bills are going to be running an offense that focuses on YAC. A guy like Goodwin can be an asset in that type of offense as he's super fast and can run in open space.

My feeling is this comes down to money. If he's cheap enough to bring back, let's keep the depth. If it looks like he wants some money then I'll likely pass.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Goodwin is a solid receiver, and the Bills are going to be running an offense that focuses on YAC. A guy like Goodwin can be an asset in that type of offense as he's super fast and can run in open space.

My feeling is this comes down to money. If he's cheap enough to bring back, let's keep the depth. If it looks like he wants some money then I'll likely pass.

At what point in his career has he shown he is Solid at anything?

You guys saying he can't catch are nuts. And, because he was healthy this year, he did some pretty nice work on the shorter, possession type routes when called upon. You have to fill out your WR spots, you could do far worse than Goodwin. We don't even know if Listenbee will be healthy...if so, why not let them duke it out over the summer?

At what point in his career has he shown he is Solid at anything?

The same point where you think everyone sucks! He had at least 3 or 4 games this year where he was a good part of the passing game, and caught some tough 1st down passes. Nobody is saying he is the second coming of Julio Jones, but you could really do far worse.

Edited by Buftex

You guys saying he can't catch are nuts. And, because he was healthy this year, he did some pretty nice work on the shorter, possession type routes when called upon. You have to fill out your WR spots, you could do far worse than Goodwin. We don't even know if Listenbee will be healthy...if so, why not let them duke it out over the summer?

Love Bills fans. Pay BAD

Listenbee on Rookie Contract. Will bring Exactly what Goodwin does right now.

STOP PAYING BAD TO AVG

Edited by MAJBobby

Love Bills fans. Pay BAD

Listenbee on Rookie Contract. Will bring Exactly what Goodwin does right now.

STOP PAYING BAD TO AVG

Assuming we carry 6 (1 to return) - i'd prefer we have a depth receiver who can play teams (which goodwin does not). Therefore I don't think he's needed as i wouldn't want him in my top 3. And a 4/5 guy that doesn't play teams or return punts isn't very useful.

I know the health thing is always an issue with Goodwin (name a Bills WR that hasn't had this issue), but he stayed healthy this year. I think, when healthy, he has legit WR skills, not simply just a fast guy. I'd keep him, unless the dollars are too high.

same here. Listerbee will be too raw. Goodwin improved with route running and hands last year. Although my priority is keeping Justin Hunter. Guy was open a lot (somehow TT missed him) and made nice grabs in the endzone when TT remembered he was on the team.

I like his speed but he doesnt go after any balls...few times this season I watched him watch a defender knock balls away that could have been caught if Goodwin went after the ball instead of just waiting for it to drop into his hands...rather have a guy that wants to fight for the ball

Depends on how expensive he is. If he's minimum, then sure, keep him around. If he's demanding some big salary, then bye.

Edit: I voted 'stay' since I assume he's going to be dirt cheap, and he's a good 3rd-5th option at WR.

Edited by Dorkington

pros:

track-star speed, deep ball threat, can run go route effectively, great hands in practice, available in 12th round of most fantasy drafts, made six-yard catch vs a future Super Bowl contender.

cons:

did not qualify for olympics, made from fine china, can only run go route.

Then think of watching Goodwin with the Pats. :wallbash: This is not an endorsement to keeping him. Just a reminder of what we all felt watching Hogan.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

He gone. I'd bring him back, but i think he generates some interest on the open market and gets paid a decent wage. Maybe similar to Hogans 3 years 12 million or something

I'd bring him back at vet min or thereabouts to compete for a job. I wouldn't sign him to Hogan's deal.

If he goes, he can do it very FAST!

If you can keep him cheap to fill a spot at the bottom of the roster, it's one hole filled. That's about it. Not knowing what we really have in Listenbee makes it hard to say.

on a team that found a spot for josh reed all those years, slow, unreliable hands, short...I dont get why people dont want a guy that runs a 4.3 and has great hands. When tightwad actually threw him a good deep ball he caught them, same with orton and others.

It was never MG's fault he got stupid 5 yard crossing routes and hookouts all these years. He was too small to extend out of bounds for many and got hurt catching useless passes.

We need role players and MG can fulfill a role that few can. running deep and actually catching it. Just like Hunter is tall and big and caught 4 tds this year. Goodwin could have caught a bunch of tds if hed been given a chance....such a waste of talent and it allows so many here to crack on him for production.

Ive seen MG haul in about 8 big tds in his time over 4 years here, imagine if we had a passing offense and a qb that threw more to him. they dont all need to be number 1's to deserve a spot on the team ya know.

Goodwin to brittle, has to go. A miracle that he played that much in 2016, after two years of not playing at all. Listenbee, however, may be fast, but really has almost zero route running skills......and, was held out for "medical" reasons......ummmm...well.....he would not have seen the field in any event. I think Listenbee is practice squad material in 2017.