Brady's Legacy

yes they are a machine. a model of consistency. consistently cheats. who knows if they'd have won their first superbowl if they hadn't cheated and knew of the opponents gameplan? that SB win should have been taken away from them, the way Olympics take away gold medals if they catch someone cheating. Why wasn't it taken away? That's why NFL doesn't have the integrity that Olympics does. If they did, they'd have taken away the wins the cheaters got with their cheating. they didn't. And that's why there will always be asterisks. To Brady, to Belicheat.

Another unintelligent post on of all things "Spygate". I thought it was well known what happened. But again let's do this. Spygate was about videotaping the defense signals FROM THE SIDELINES. It was all about location of the video taping not the actual video taping. Also the only "report" of the Patriots supposedly knowing the Rams game plan by taping their walk threw was not only retracted by the paper a week later BUT also proven to be false as they ran it and the man had no real source. Aka he made it up.

I also heard but to damn lazy look it up that the taping in that spot wasn't illegal till 2006. So if that's true all their championships were legit. As for deflategate they couldn't even prove anything happened and most now agreee it was so botched that neither side could ever truly get what we wanted.. THE TRUTH!

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he ends his career 7-2 in Super Bowls I think that is better than 4-0 or at least debatable. 7 SB wins!

And you could argue that Brady was better because he got to more Super Bowls. How come Joe only could get his team to 4?

Please, someone tell me, that this person is just messing around, as he cannot be that out of touch with reality and rational thought to believe either of the monumentally irrational and ridiculous points quoted above-?

As I watch the news tonight, see what is happening in America now, it makes me realize that, yes, this person may actually believe these words. Maybe we have entered a new era where facts, logic, and common sense have been replaced by strange and irrational whims, daydreams, alternative realities.. And I think that America's schools may really be failing our students as badly as some believe..

But then I read his words above again, and think they are a joke, tongue in cheek.

Correct?

Yes I was blatantly messing around, as I've stated like ten times, beginning on the first page of the thread.

And you could argue that Brady was better because he got to more Super Bowls. How come Joe only could get his team to 4?

Of course. Again, a Conference Title is an accomplishment. Having more of them is better than having fewer. I'm not sure why this is so difficult for some people to understand.

Of course. Again, a Conference Title is an accomplishment. Having more of them is better than having fewer. I'm not sure why this is so difficult for some people to understand.

This was exactly the point of the thread. It's such elementary logic. Arguing with a 4-0 > 4-2'er is as frustrating as arguing with- well you can guess where I'd go with that.

Yes I was blatantly messing around, as I've stated like ten times, beginning on the first page of the thread.

Phew!! Thanks.

Late when I read the post and didn't want to read through the thread.

As much as I don't like losing to Brady, game after game, year after year, and, now, decade after decade, it was the comment, "At that point, you may have to start elevating such undefeated Super Bowl QB's as Doug Williams, Mark Rypien, Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Joe Flacco- certainly Eli Manning- to maybe not all time greater QB's than Brady, but definitely all time greater Super Bowl performing QB's," that had me concerned about your intelligence level, rationality, and, possibly, your sanity.

While Manning has performed fairly well in one, okay in another, Brady has won 4 Super Bowls and the other quarterbacks, well, they should never even be mentioned in the same sentence as Brady.

Your intelligence, rationality, and sanity remain intact in my book! Thanks for the clarification.

LOL.

This might be the first thing in this thread I've been strongly opinionated about:

are you kidding me pal?!!?

Go find anyone, in any corner of the internet who considers Jack NIKLAUS to be a choke case and a loser, and I'll buy you a ticket to the Masters. At worst you might find a few people who think he's second best to Tiger, but even that crowd is shrinking. Golf is the hardest game on the planet--finishing second at any major even 1 time in your career is enough for glory for some (Sergio)--in no way should a golfer's game be compared to an NFL athlete. 1 winner, 1 loser in football; 1 winner, 160 losers in golf.

First of all, many people think Jack Nicholson was a choke artist. The anti-clutch. He was Micklesoning 20 years before there were Micklesons. Second, Nicholson played during the expansion era of golf where the disparity of talent was wider than it has ever been so his numbers are inflated. Third, if golf is so hard then how can my grandmother play the game?

Finally, there's at least TWO people in this very thread who think Jack was the anti-clutch, yours truly and TakeYouToTasker. I'll take those Masters Tickets now, thank you.

First of all, many people think Jack Nicholson was a choke artist. The anti-clutch. He was Micklesoning 20 years before there were Micklesons. Second, Nicholson played during the expansion era of golf where the disparity of talent was wider than it has ever been so his numbers are inflated. Third, if golf is so hard then how can my grandmother play the game?

Finally, there's at least TWO people in this very thread who think Jack was the anti-clutch, yours truly and TakeYouToTasker. I'll take those Masters Tickets now, thank you.

I've got to agree with this logic!

I got your point but golf is so vastly different than Football. In Goof you have complete control of how well you do where as football you do not. I would also say you couldn't call Brady anti clutch as he gave his team the lead in every football with around 2 minutes left or less, it's not on him if the D just can't make one more stop.

I got your point but golf is so vastly different than Football. In Goof you have complete control of how well you do where as football you do not. I would also say you couldn't call Brady anti clutch as he gave his team the lead in every football with around 2 minutes left or less, it's not on him if the D just can't make one more stop.

He got the ballback in both losses. He could have played better earlier in the game. Just saying...

He got the ballback in both losses. He could have played better earlier in the game. Just saying...

True, but clutch is coming up big when your team needs you to. Getting the ball back with less than a minute to go and no timeouts and needing a TD isn't clutch that be pure luck.

Another unintelligent post on of all things "Spygate". I thought it was well known what happened. But again let's do this. Spygate was about videotaping the defense signals FROM THE SIDELINES. It was all about location of the video taping not the actual video taping. Also the only "report" of the Patriots supposedly knowing the Rams game plan by taping their walk threw was not only retracted by the paper a week later BUT also proven to be false as they ran it and the man had no real source. Aka he made it up.

I also heard but to damn lazy look it up that the taping in that spot wasn't illegal till 2006. So if that's true all their championships were legit. As for deflategate they couldn't even prove anything happened and most now agreee it was so botched that neither side could ever truly get what we wanted.. THE TRUTH!

If everything you say is true, then why did Roger burn the tapes? Why did Mangini turn them in? Mangini must have felt it offered some advantage? I think there is more to the story on those tapes.

But it doesn't change my mind, Brady is second best QB ever.

Brady= GOAT

And he's not done yet. You know after all these years, I actually like watching him and the Pats do their thing out there (when it's not against us). No false starts, no offsides, lined up properly, guys always in the right spot. I could go on and on. Something to aspire to. Going on so long, can't even be mad anymore.

Brady= GOAT

And he's not done yet. You know after all these years, I actually like watching him and the Pats do their thing out there (when it's not against us). No false starts, no offsides, lined up properly, guys always in the right spot. I could go on and on. Something to aspire to. Going on so long, can't even be mad anymore.

​I agree. The Bills have sucked so long that I don't really blame the Patriots for the Bills bungling. If anything, they should be held up as proof that if you can cut down mistakes, and play smart, you can win lots of games. The offense is a machine that evolves season to season, to suit the talent, and to counter whatever teams develop to stop them.

And only the most contrarian douche on this board would claim that Brady wasn't the GOAT if he were leading the Bills to such exalted heights instead of the Patriots. It's silly.

Edited by HoF Watkins

If everything you say is true, then why did Roger burn the tapes? Why did Mangini turn them in? Mangini must have felt it offered some advantage? I think there is more to the story on those tapes.

But it doesn't change my mind, Brady is second best QB ever.

Mangini is the only one knows why he turned them in. Outside of being career suicide I have no idea. Same thing goes for burning the tapes with Goodell, but as incompetent as he is nothing would shock me.

As for You thinking Brady isn't the best, that's fine I just hate the revisionist history going on. The only FACTS we knew is what I stated anything else is speculation that can never be proven.

I think Brady is the best ever. And I'm confident it is to some degree because he cheated throughout. We'll never know to what degree the cheating helped, because it cannot be undone. He's great, and he's a cheater. Too bad really, because I think Belichick is the true culprit, the mastermind behind things.

Mangini is the only one knows why he turned them in. Outside of being career suicide I have no idea. Same thing goes for burning the tapes with Goodell, but as incompetent as he is nothing would shock me.

As for You thinking Brady isn't the best, that's fine I just hate the revisionist history going on. The only FACTS we knew is what I stated anything else is speculation that can never be proven.

I agree and no revisionist history from me. It is difficult to compare QB's from different eras. Anyone think Bradshaw would thrive in this era? I don't think so.

I hold firm on Montana and Brady as 1 and 2 and I believe Manning choked in the playoffs. Don't care about his passing records. Call him best regular season QB if you want but he is not in my top four and I could make arguments for a few others being ahead of him.

There is a lot more to spygate than anybody will ever know. Proof of that is why did Goodell destroy the tapes. MY guess the NFL's integrity was to compromised on those tapes & he wanted noone to see them.

With that being said I don't think there is a question that Brady is the best ever. Noone has ever performed at such a high level for so long as he has. He has been in the league for 17 years. It is truly remarkable. I remember when Kelly was playing he started noticeably slowing down in his 8th/9th with the Bills. He also played 3 years with the USFL where he absolutely got destroyed(I think he was sacked 70 times one season). Brady just doesn't show the wear & tear a guy his age should be showing. It really defies logic.

I think BB and TB are intertwined and cannot be separated for purposes of ranking coaches/QBs

I think one without the other never ever comes close to the success they have achieved together

Take TB away from BB and BB is an average football coach, take BB away from TB and TB is an average QB...together, and with the winning and confidence that has happened which has grown spread to all players on the team, they have become the best QB and best coach in NFL history

What they have done together is incredible, and as a Bills fan, heart breaking

yep

This is a ridiculous post, and I loathe Brady.

It's called trolling. Most Bills fans hate Brady, as they should. There are plenty of media outlets devoted to Patriots ball washing. We don't need to be supplemented with more of it by posters to this board. Why would a Bills fan be interested in someone else's jagoff session to BB and TB?

Who cares about Brady's legacy as a Bills fan. The guy dominated the Bills during his career to date and there's no way the Bills will ever put enough wins up against him to make that W/L record even a respectable one..

I'm more concerned about the Buffalo Bills legacy. The past 17 years has been marked with failure and ineptitude. Our glory years have been long gone. I'm hoping the Pegula's will build a new, winning legacy in Buffalo with both the Sabres and Bills, but I think that itself is going to take some time as they are learning on the job as new sports owners.

Edited by Jerry Jabber

You have some sort of inside info?

Something I heard from a somewhat unlikely source.

I live in Buffalo. It wasn't anyone affiliated with the Bills just to we are clear on that.

Let's see if the person was right, because they are 100% going to beat the Falcons. When NE* can do the "whole world is against us" routine they are atr their best. The two SBs they lost everyone was saying they would win and telling them how great they are.

Edited by TheFunPolice

This is a ridiculous post, and I loathe Brady.

Yes it is a ridiculous post. The intent was to satirically expose how ludicrous an opinion it is to have- which many people on this website share.

It's called trolling. Most Bills fans hate Brady, as they should. There are plenty of media outlets devoted to Patriots ball washing. We don't need to be supplemented with more of it by posters to this board. Why would a Bills fan be interested in someone else's jagoff session to BB and TB?

I'd like to think it's a bit more sophisticated than trolling. For one, I pointed out halfway through the first page that I was being sarcastic and laid out exactly the point I was trying to make. Either way.

His legacy is this no matter what happens in the Superbowl.

He is the BEST QB in the Modern Era for football and likely the BEST of all times, because he did it in the Salary Cap Era, not the can keep a elite franchise together NON Salary Cap Era Montana played in.

Unfortunately I tend to agree...I dislike him intensely, but I respect his greatness. Nothing you can say other than he is the best of the best.

Yes it is a ridiculous post. The intent was to satirically expose how ludicrous an opinion it is to have- which many people on this website share.

I'd like to think it's a bit more sophisticated than trolling. For one, I pointed out halfway through the first page that I was being sarcastic and laid out exactly the point I was trying to make. Either way.

I completely agree. Assuming Brady loses Sunday and once more in the big dance and hes 4-4 in Super Bowls. Then hes in Bills territory for Super Bowl runner ups. You know what Patriots stands for?? Brady Indeed Loves Losing Superbowls!

Something I heard from a somewhat unlikely source.

I live in Buffalo. It wasn't anyone affiliated with the Bills just to we are clear on that.

Let's see if the person was right, because they are 100% going to beat the Falcons. When NE* can do the "whole world is against us" routine they are atr their best. The two SBs they lost everyone was saying they would win and telling them how great they are.

Overrated gobbledygook. Everyone has been picking them since the mid 2000's . Everyone is always saying how great they are. Doesn't mean a thing on the field. Some teams can match up and some can't. If you hit Brady continuously , which he hates , and can get to him with four you can beat NE. If you can't do that, your chances go down considerably.

Or score 30+ points. Force them to be perfect.

that's how the Saints smoked them on MNF a few years back. Just score tons of TDs and suddenly they are the ones who can't afford to punt.

Couple years ago? You talking about the game that the Pats won with a last second TD to win it?

Or score 30+ points. Force them to be perfect.

that's how the Saints smoked them on MNF a few years back. Just score tons of TDs and suddenly they are the ones who can't afford to punt.

That game was in 2009, more than a few years back. Although I enjoyed that game thoroughly and remember it well.