Full rebuild Coming

MAJBobby

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a certain subset of posters here that I'm convinced have a collective IQ of about six.

Remove Buffalo Barbarian from that sample, and the collective IQ goes up to eight.

lol autoTroll

you provide nothing on this forum but smart ass comments, you are a useless poster

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

When I dropped the basic fact that they haven't committed to the QB they just saw play for 2 years you turned my sentence into a playground argument. There is no analysis with you on any of these facts, few as they are.

Okay, here is an analysis... Doug Whaley said "We are close" - specifically - verbatim - the same time as he allegedly implied we are in a full rebuild. That is a fact. We are close does not at all imply a full rebuild, just the opposite. Where there is fire there is fire.

For those without Google: http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Watch_Doug_Whaley_1on1/446a6c11-50c8-4426-a054-556d11e7fa7a

See, SEE Whaley said we want to build from "The Foundation Up", which to me is clear as daylight - they're going to tear down the stadium and build a new one. "From the foundation up". The Foundation. Up.

Think about it...

No...they have a foundation of talent they are going to build off of.

This thread is ridiculous. I listened to the show...and schopp and the bulldog were talking in hypotheticals ... as in, what are the bills goals if tyrod gets cut.

It was a measured conversation. Whaleys comments were surface level GM speak.

Man...some people just can't read tone or cadence. They hear words and derive meaning to fit their already established narratives.

Everybody move along. Nothing to see here.

No...they have a foundation of talent they are going to build off of.

This thread is ridiculous. I listened to the show...and schopp and the bulldog were talking in hypotheticals ... as in, what are the bills goals if tyrod gets cut.

It was a measured conversation. Whaleys comments were surface level GM speak.

Man...some people just can't read tone or cadence. They hear words and derive meaning to fit their already established narratives.

Everybody move along. Nothing to see here.

I get that you personally were joking by the way. :)

I get fired up by the goofiness sometimes.

After watching this again, I watched it the other day and thought it was just a soft ball interview-nothing struck me. But, after watching again, Whaley says at the end, in reference to making the playoffs, "I don't know if its this year or next year". Combined with we are really close. I say this is the annual reload in the NFL that virtually every team goes through.

After watching this again, I watched it the other day and thought it was just a soft ball interview-nothing struck me. But, after watching again, Whaley says at the end, in reference to making the playoffs, "I don't know if its this year or next year". Combined with we are really close. I say this is the annual reload in the NFL that virtually every team goes through.

Not to turn this into a Tyrod thread but....

The other thing to keep in mind in regards to a rebuild is that Whaley is smart enough to realize that if they move on from Tyrod and other vets on this team (a.k.a rebuild), and then Tyrod ends up playing exceptionally well for that other team while whoever our quarterback ends up being does not play well - Then Whaley's goose is going to be cooked as a GM. He will get the ax and find a tough time landing another GM job.

This is part of the reason why I think there will be less rebuilding than people expect. The main rebuild will be on defense because they need it.

Not to turn this into a Tyrod thread but....

The other thing to keep in mind in regards to a rebuild is that Whaley is smart enough to realize that if they move on from Tyrod and other vets on this team (a.k.a rebuild), and then Tyrod ends up playing exceptionally well for that other team while whoever our quarterback ends up being does not play well - Then Whaley's goose is going to be cooked as a GM. He will get the ax and find a tough time landing another GM job.

This is part of the reason why I think there will be less rebuilding than people expect. The main rebuild will be on defense because they need it.

Sure that is all very reasonable. And, the defense does need work, it may take a year or two. Or not, nobody knows for sure, question marks abound at this time every year. Will TT be back? Will we trade for a QB? Draft one? Will Ragland and Lawson have an impact? Gilmore etc. on and on.

So when do we start the thread with the fanspeak mock drafts where no one ever looks at anyone else's and just posts their own without looking. I feel like we probably need to wait until after the Super Bowl or else the order isn't really set.

Edited by ndirish1978

This is how I took what he said:

1. We're going to give McDermott a hell of a long leash bc we realize that it may take a few years to get where we want to get. So regardless of how we do, we trust McDermott and we're sticking with him for the long haul.

2. He also said that though we're trying to change the culture and build for the long haul (whatever that REALLY means) we're going to field a competent team that arent going to embarrass themselves.

So i dont think that means we are full rebuild mode. I think that is we believe in McDermott and if we go 7-9 the next two years, the process can take a few years, and we're not going to deviate. Aka change coaches again.

Thats what i got.

This isn't baseball or hockey where teams gives up drafts choices like they're nothing. A 5th round pick in football is much different than one in hockey or baseball

Yet it happens EVERY year.

And every year people tell me how it cant happen

You guys are being silly, rebuild talk is all fine and well, but Whaley has been consistent in his statement of "finding a coach for the next 10-15 years" and the long term. He also said we are close now, but those things aren't mutually exclusive.

McDermott said he helped build the Carolina defense "brick by brick" and did not say he was going to build this one "brick by brick", just that he had the defensive experience.

I'm just not sure how you get "rebuild" out of their comments.

Edited by What a Tuel

The godddamn Peace Bridge will be rebuilt quicker than this !@#$ing team.

The Bills are like the Sagrada Família Basilica in Barcelona. Construction on the church began in 1882, and they hope to complete it by 2026!

At the rate they're going, the Bills should break through with a playoff berth around the same year (especially since Brady sold his soul to the devil and will likely play to age 50).