Full rebuild Coming

MAJBobby

That's ridiculous. He's not going to change his mind in two weeks. What he is going to do, regardless of its validity, is believe the guys he signed are good. Everyone in the world. He's not going to stock the team with his choices and then tell and sell Pegula on the fact we need a full rebuild. Pegula would say thanks for your honesty, we'll find someone else to do that Doug.

Dude.........just listen to the interview it's only 6 minutes long.

It is what it is.........either just Whaley saying things he'lll never remember in an attempt to be casper milquetoast.......... or an attempt at an internally staged media opportunity with the company stooge to exercise a 180 degree turn to "we need fans to understand that our record might not be very good in the next couple-few years".

I'm with ya'.......I will believe the Bills are that dumb when I see it.........but it's right there and those are the things he is saying NOW.

Edited by #BADOL

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude.........just listen to the interview it's only 6 minutes long.

It is what it is.........either just Whaley saying things he'lll never remember in an attempt to be casper milquetoast.......... or an attempt at an internally staged opportunity with the company stooge to exercise a 180 degree turn to "we need fans to understand that our record might not be very good in the next couple-few years".

I'm with ya'.......I will believe the Bills are that dumb when I see it.........but it's right there and those are the things he is saying NOW.

He said the same things when he was hired. It's a philosophy he carries from Pitts. What he's doing is tamping down expectations on a first time HC and if they don't keep Tyrod and how many FA they can sign.

Their own I mean

If true, then my suggestion to McDerMutt is to keep the old resume sharpened up. A coach that is rebuilding is rebuilding for the next coach that comes in.

Why does everybody want to do this "blow it up" nonsense? I'd rather do as the Fish did this year. Get a new coach and make the playoffs. Fish don't have a very good QB or Defense for that matter.

Edited by reddogblitz

If true, the my suggestion to McDerMutt is to keep the old resume sharpened up. A coach that is rebuilding is rebuilding for the next coach that comes in.

Why does everybody want to do this "blow it up" nonsense? I'd rather do as the Fish did this year. Get a new coach and make the playoffs. Fish don't have a very good QB or Defense for that matter.

This whole notion of a complete rebuild is pure Bolshevik.

If true, then my suggestion to McDerMutt is to keep the old resume sharpened up. A coach that is rebuilding is rebuilding for the next coach that comes in.

Maybe they realized that they are not close.

Changing a scheme that worked on offense and getting rid of the quarterback is going to absolutely result in a regression.

On defense, aside from Dareus the current players are either on their last legs or really young (Lawson, Ragland).

I was all about promoting Lynn and just getting a new defensive staff. But that didn't happen so now a true rebuild may be the only hope at building something resembling a Super Bowl contender in three or four years.

Edited by Wayne Arnold

Some of the best players on this team are in their prime.

Gilmore. Dareus. Hughes. Sammy. Shady (tail end). Woods. Glenn. Tyrod. Z Brown. TD mike. Clay.

Then u have rookies like shaq and ragland. If you cant put a winning team together within 3yrs then I dont know what to say.

Some of the best players on this team are in their prime.

Gilmore. Dareus. Hughes. Sammy. Shady (tail end). Woods. Glenn. Tyrod. Z Brown. TD mike. Clay.

Then u have rookies like shaq and ragland. If you cant put a winning team together within 3yrs then I dont know what to say.

I doubt it would be possible to re-sign Gilmore, Woods and Zach Brown in addition to also retaining Taylor.

History suggests that Shady just had his last good season and will fall quickly going forward.

The rest are solid-to-good players but not a foundation for a Super Bowl champion.

Maybe they realized that they are not close.

Changing a scheme that worked on offense and getting rid of the quarterback is going to absolutely result in a regression.

On defense, aside from Dareus the current players are either on their last legs or really young (Lawson, Ragland).

I was all about promoting Lynn and just getting a new defensive staff. But that didn't happen so now a true rebuild may be the only hope at building something resembling a Super Bowl contender in three or four years.

Did Miami get a new scheme and OC?

He said the same things when he was hired. It's a philosophy he carries from Pitts. What he's doing is tamping down expectations on a first time HC and if they don't keep Tyrod and how many FA they can sign.

Their own I mean

Yeah I'm choosing not to read into it much..........my issue with you is saying he said "we're close" as if it were in the same breath as the tamp-down which it is not.

He will likely regret opening up the Rex post-firing with the proclamation "7-9 ........not good enough".

Don't in essence TITLE your long awaited PC "7-9 isn't good enough" if you aren't sure you can change it.

If he's proven one thing it is that he is not good enough to call even the most make-able of shots.

McDermott at least knows better.......he basically said NOTHING in his introductory PC.

Edited by #BADOL

Right they didnt blow it up. They realized the HC was not a good fit, got rid of Philbin hired a new HC and kept moving forward and they were further away than us. A re-build would have made them pawn of Tanney, Jones, etc...

They made it to the playoffs and beat us twice. Didnt blow it up just changed the coaching.

Seriously !? :lol::lol:

Yes, but my fault because I failed to connect my second thought which was they first statement AND / OR those who are older and costly to the ability to get younger. I apologize, Kyle Williams is one of my favorite BILLS players, and totally hope he stays until he decides he no longer wants to play the game and then I hope he coaches for the Bills somehow. Completely my fault for not finishing my train of thought but to be fair, my 4 year old was all over me grabbing for attention while I typed that on my phone. Big apology to the legacy of Kyle on that one... Edited by BigBuff423

Full rebuild would let the FA walk and hope to get draft picks next year. Make due with the current roster and draft to fill holes. I would assume they would concentrate on defense since the offense will be a lost cause (no QB). Add CB, SS, ILB and possibly a defense lineman. Might go QB to groom for the future. If they rebuild it will be 20 years before they have a chance to make the playoffs. Rebuilding every 4 or 5 years is not a template for a good franchise.

I doubt it would be possible to re-sign Gilmore, Woods and Zach Brown in addition to also retaining Taylor.

History suggests that Shady just had his last good season and will fall quickly going forward.

The rest are solid-to-good players but not a foundation for a Super Bowl champion.

Zach Brown will be back. Woods wont. Gilmore might get the FT depending on what McDermy says, same with Tyrod.