Full rebuild Coming

MAJBobby

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are no rebuilds in the NFL....it's draft a qb until you hit on one....end of discussion

I agree , if Taylor will not renegotiate , I would be tempted to sign Foles or Teddy Bridgewater (if recovered)

If Taylor stays , I would draft a QB in 2nd rd or later.

I don't understand this thread. They can't get rid of enough of the talent to actually rebuild. Contracts and age prevents them from dumping these players. Not to mention the O Line is solid and under contract. That line + Shady is always going to generate some success - at least enough to avoid a 3-13 season and a #1 pick.

Some tough decisions to be made for sure. I think they let Gilmore and Woods walk. Too expensive coupled with big $ contracts already. It wouldn't surprise me if Kyle retires.

They have many needs, a bunch of UFAs, not much cap room and not a whole lot of picks. Pretty ugly.

A couple weeks ago he said "we're close." Now he's saying "It's not going to be a quick fix."

I think it's extremely obvious that OBD's plan changed at some point between Whaley's train wreck press conference and this interview. Or at the very least Whaley was informed of it.

Are you joking? This team hasn't rebuilt since 2001. They've been spinning their wheels thinking they're "close" for the last 15 years.

To me the interview makes it sound like a QB rebuild not a team rebuild. I.e "We're close and we need a better QB to be true contenders for the long term. In order to get a franchise QB and develop him it might not be an overnight success." A comparison would be the Eagles last year. Edited by YoloinOhio

People shouldn't use stupid sayings.

Absolutely nothing stupid about the retort.

Your gonna rag on the Browns when the Bills are the team with the longest non playoff streak in the league

LMAO can't believe you actually ragged on the Browns given our pathetic situation

Your gonna rag on the Browns when the Bills are the team with the longest non playoff streak in the league

LMAO can't believe you actually ragged on the Browns given our pathetic situation

they have won 3 games the last 2 years. Are you actually holding up their one playoff game from 13 years ago with Kelly Holcomb as a reason not to say they are a terrible team and organization? I don't understand that - and not sure what it has to do with the Bills. They are terrible regardless of whether the Bills are good, bad, or average. Edited by YoloinOhio

The Browns do have some cash to spend:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2atC_PUUAErqs4.jpg

C2atC_PUUAErqs4.jpg

Edited by ricojes

Same story, different year.

Sounds familiar...

At any rate, this team is not going through a "full rebuild". They have too much money tied into several players, they just can't cut them, it doesn't make sense. This is reading way too much into Whaley's comments. Let's face it, Whaley makes Wade look brilliant at pressers. I think that's all there really is to it...

Edited by ricojes

Read these quotes and tell me you don't think "full rebuild."

"We're not looking to just make the playoffs. We were looking for a coach who agreed with us that we want to build from the foundation up a team that can consistently compete for championships."

"We have to sit down and explain the vision we see of the qb we want on our team now and in the future. Then we'll come to a consensus: does this meet our criteria of a long-term answer at that position?"

"To the fans I say: we recognize the seventeen years, absolutely. But we're asking you to recognize that we're trying to build something for the long-term sustainabilty of success. And I can't give you a timeframe--year one, year two--but I will say; every game--like Coach says--you'll see a competitive team out there in position that won't beat themselves and that will be in a position to try to win."

"It's not going to be a quick fix. He knows that and we know that. And anything that's going to be sustainable for a long time is hard to do."

Finally, a sense of direction from this team instead of doing things on the fly.

Leroi's tip that they were going after Brees is the opposite of full rebuild. Its QB Rebuild as in - TT isn't good enough and they are rebuilding at that position.

Maybe there's been discussions between the Bills and Saints and it's possible the Saints will not even give the topic of trading Brees any consideration which is why Whaley is now saying they're looking to build for the long-term.

Edited by Jerry Jabber

I doubt it would be possible to re-sign Gilmore, Woods and Zach Brown in addition to also retaining Taylor.

History suggests that Shady just had his last good season and will fall quickly going forward.

The rest are solid-to-good players but not a foundation for a Super Bowl champion.

Ah yes. Its super bowl or bust in Buffalo. Title town USA. Edited by bobobonators