Full rebuild Coming

MAJBobby

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And to bring this thread back to topic, no I don't think Whaley meant rebuild. He said "competitive". Lower fan expectations - no "playoffs?!" talk. He meant "we got 20+ FAs, we still don't got a franchise QB, and looking ahead at 2017 sched we can't have a winning season unless many things miraculously go our way, so why not be smart, develop young players this coming year and get that franchise QB in 2018 draft so we can win consistently in the next decade". I'm on board with that.

You don't know how hilarious it is for a Canadian to see this discussion. I'm glad some have the self-awareness to realize this! LOL Living north of the border I'm used to hearing stuff like this - take everything that's US and make it "world". But everyone knows that the only champions of the world are which ever nation wins the World Cup. Indeed the Emperor does have new clothes. xD

And the olympic sports of course. At least you have a substantial number of different countries competing in those sports against each other directly. They can proudly call themselves world champions. Until they introduce American football to the olympics or at least have a handful of countries with teams competing against each other, only then could you really call them world champions. Until then it is pompous arrogance at its finest on display to the rest of the world at a high level. And it sucks that they do it. But there are bigger problems to worry about in life of course.

Still think American football is the best sport (hockey is a close second.)

The rest of the world can have "soccer." Unless it's the World Cup, it's usually a snooze fest and I can't stand the histrionics surrounding fouls.

Well of course you do. It is peculiar to the American nation. Unique cultural invention of the American nation. The real football played with feet (hence, football LOL) has a beauty of its own. And so does American football. Each one's appeal is on its own. Notice how the rest of the world has (not!) enthusiastically adopted it despite US being the most powerful nation (that's how football or soccer spread - the Brits once ruled the world!). That said me and Polishdave aren't dissing it. I love it. It just isn't global that's all. haha.

And to bring this thread back to topic, no I don't think Whaley meant rebuild. He said "competitive". Lower fan expectations - no "playoffs?!" talk. He meant "we got 20+ FAs, we still don't got a franchise QB, and looking ahead at 2017 sched we can't have a winning season unless many things miraculously go our way, so why not be smart, develop young players this coming year and get that franchise QB in 2018 draft so we can win consistently in the next decade". I'm on board with that.

The problem with this angle si that if Sean goes 6-10 next two seasons, people will clamor for his head in 2019 January.

Yep. And I am the "world champion" of mowing my lawn. Good logic.

You may be the world champion of mowing your lawn, but not the world champion of lawnmowing.

I live in the land of sumo and while they don't call it the world championship, that's de facto what the championships are. The place where the best sumo wrestlers in the world come and wrestle.

Same as the NFL. There is no other place producing teams that could even serve as reasonable training camp opponents of NFL teams. Sure they're the world champions until someone somewhere starts producing a reasonable facsimile of a competitive league or at the absolute minimum a team that could play at that level.

Leroi's tip that they were going after Brees is the opposite of full rebuild. Its QB Rebuild as in - TT isn't good enough and they are rebuilding at that position.

That would be a QB reLOAD.

Rebuilding is pretty much the opposite of getting a mature Drew Brees in your first year.

Edited by Thurman#1

The Browns have had chances at top picks many times and have wasted every one of them. What was the Bills highest draft pick in the past 17 years? Browns are absolute garbage.

by November you'll be saying Bills = Browns

This. I swear to God, walking into this forum in the offseason is like digging through the shopping cart of one of those mentally unstable homeless people.

I've been a huge optimist, but with last months blow up of the coaching staff, I have resigned myself to the fact that this franchise is permanently on rebuild/dysfunction/Browns mode. I can't take another 3 years of rebuild suck. No QB magic is happening, no huge turnaround is happening. The Kelly years were a one and done.

The Bills are that shopping cart you refer to. Still rolling, yes, but with nothing of value in it.

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

by November you'll be saying Bills = Browns

I've been a huge optimist, but with last months blow up of the coaching staff, I have resigned myself to the fact that this franchise is permanently on rebuild/dysfunction/Browns mode. I can't take another 3 years of rebuild suck. No QB magic is happening, no huge turnaround is happening. The Kelly years were a one and done.

The Bills are that shopping cart you refer to. Still rolling, yes, but with nothing of value in it.

You actually liked the previous coaching staff?