Full rebuild Coming

MAJBobby

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No its not. A marquee qb is just as valuable as a marquee center. Probably more so.

Who's the 100% can't miss, guaranteed John Elway like QB coming out in 2018 who's comparable to a franchise savior like McDavid? There is none worth blowing up a mid-level team like the Bills. This ain't Hockey!

And for the record. I want them to keep tyrod. I thinks its a huge mistake if they let him go. But the lack of vocal support out of OBD leads me to conclude they are letting him go. This team could make a run if they fixed the GD defense. Switching back to the 4-3 is a start. Draft defense 2 of your first three picks. Sign a bargain free agent like Alexander or Brownn Your right there. But the lack of vocal support about picking up the option is ridiculous. They know exactly what theyre doing. They just dont want to say it.

Who's the 100% can't miss, guaranteed John Elway like QB coming out in 2018 who's comparable to a franchise savior like McDavid? There is none worth blowing up a mid-level team like the Bills. This ain't Hockey!

Feel free to read my post before this one.

And for the record. I want them to keep tyrod. I thinks its a huge mistake if they let him go. But the lack of vocal support out of OBD leads me to conclude they are letting him go. This team could make a run if they fixed the GD defense. Switching back to the 4-3 is a start. Draft defense 2 of your first three picks. Sign a bargain free agent like Alexander or Brownn Your right there. But the lack of vocal support about picking up the option is ridiculous. They know exactly what theyre doing. They just dont want to say it.

Feel free to read my post before this one.

Already did. I don't care about QB vs. Center in theory. Give me the practical 100% certain prospect to target who's a guarantee to declare for the draft in 2018.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Based off listening to Whaley earlier.

They Bills are going to blow this up and build from ground up.

So who can you move that is older (wont be prime after rebuild)?

Shady

Kyle??

Hughes

I didn't hear anything that indicated that.

What words specifically did you hear that suggested a full rebuild?

A couple weeks ago he said "we're close." Now he's saying "It's not going to be a quick fix."

I think it's extremely obvious that OBD's plan changed at some point between Whaley's train wreck press conference and this interview. Or at the very least Whaley was informed of it.

Are you joking? This team hasn't rebuilt since 2001. They've been spinning their wheels thinking they're "close" for the last 15 years.

Seemed likely to me that he was saying "We're close" because his job was in jeopardy, and now that he feels safe, can be a bit more realistic.

And they rebuilt when they brought in Nix. It wasn't exactly a full rebuild, but it was close. The problem was that when they brought Nix in, it was after a 7-9 season, so they didn't have a good draft pick. They sucked the next year, but the only good QB was Newton and he was gone by the time our #3 pick came along.

And we're 7-9 again. Much easier to do a successful full rebuild when you're a one or two or three win team and have a pick in the top handful. Then you suck the next year too and you are able to bring in two real impact players, one of whom is hopefully a QB.

The problem with NOT rebuilding is that we have very little money left on the cap. We're not able to try to bring in a bunch of mid-level FAs to plug holes the way you'd like to do if re-loading.

Frankly, we're screwed either way we go. I'm afraid Whaley is right that we have a ways to go.

Edited by Thurman#1

If I were GM, I'd do a partial rebuild, cutting/trading a bunch of our better players, concentrating on the older ones but also the more expensive guys. I might cut Clay even though he's one of our best players because we don't have anyone to throw him the ball. I'd cut Tyrod to get more cap space and because I don't think he's good enough to ever have us competing for a title, even though we don't have anyone to replace him. Yet.

But I'd try to retain our younger talent core. We've got too many of those guys to fully rebuild, IMHO.

I'd start right now with trading back, including our first round pick. Unless we thought there was a QB worth going with in the first when our pick came around, I'd trade our first this year for a next year's first and whatever we could get beyond that, probably a third or so either this year or next. I'd do a bunch of those trades, accumulating picks for next year. Then in 2018 we'd have two firsts to trade up high for a QB. If one wasn't available that year, I'd trade the second first round pick back another year and do it all again.

If we could bring in Romo or Rivers, I'd totally re-think that. But I don't see a chance in hell that we get Rivers and have the feeling that Romo is too fragile to reload around. Cousins, like Rivers, is going nowhere. Romo's the only chance at a re-load. I'd go to McDermott and ask him if he was willing to pick up Romo at the right price. I doubt he'd say yes.

Edited by Thurman#1

Yes, but my fault because I failed to connect my second thought which was they first statement AND / OR those who are older and costly to the ability to get younger. I apologize, Kyle Williams is one of my favorite BILLS players, and totally hope he stays until he decides he no longer wants to play the game and then I hope he coaches for the Bills somehow. Completely my fault for not finishing my train of thought but to be fair, my 4 year old was all over me grabbing for attention while I typed that on my phone. Big apology to the legacy of Kyle on that one...

no problem, thanks for clarifying

Already did. I don't care about QB vs. Center in theory. Give me the practical 100% certain prospect to target who's a guarantee to declare for the draft in 2018.

That prospect doesnt exist. It doesnt exist in any sport. But you have a better chance finding that guy picking first than you do picking last. If I have to explain that one we are clearly wasting our time.

Beyond that you better be damned sure you finish last to get the #1 pick because no team would give up the chance to draft that great, cant miss QB prospect.

Why should you be damned sure? You gonna show up at Terrys house in Boca and kick his a$$ if they do this and theyre wrong? Id rather take my chances at the top of the draft than miss the playoffs 17 years in a blanking row drafting tenth every frigging year. I want a championship not 8-8 every GD year. 8-8 taste great. 8-8 cant wait(sung to the koolaid theme song). Edited by TANK2

Right.

Carpenter missed 2 FGs in the Fish game. If he had made those, we probably win. We keep Rex and Hotrod starts and we roll over the Jets. Then we're 9-7 tied with a few other teams for the last spot. Throw in scoring against Hawks and we're definitely in. Shoulda woulda coulda I know but pretty close still.

Get a better kicker, reload, and let's end this.

If we do tank, I trust all the pro-tankers won't complain for the next 3 years :).

Close to the playoffs, yes.

Close to being a Super Bowl contender? HELL no.

OBD has no interest into sneaking into the playoffs. They want to win the Super Bowl and be a consistent championship contender year after year.

Rebuild? That's precisely what this organization has been trying to do for nearly two decades.

sing it with me: " three - more - years, three - more - years... three- more.... ." years of suck. I'm headed to the tennis courts and the golf course for three years.

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore