The Trump Economy

GG

6 minutes ago, TPS said:

It's too bad they declined to use WHO's test at this point in time, but you can't change what's happened.  It's clear to some where his focus was at that time, and it's clear in the tweet.  It's also clear to me that Monday's crash finally got him to change focus.  He's been a different person on this since then, and I'm glad to see it.  He's finally acting presidential, wrt virus.  

We weren't offered any test kits from WHO. The test kits we had were not reliable and gave out about 40% false negatives and 40% false positives. We sent them out and when we found out about the problems we recalled them. We quickly revised the test and it took a little time to verify their reliability. You seem just a little too anxious to find blame, as long as it can be placed on Trump. 

• Like (+1) 2

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

This (The Democrats) is their (The Democrats) new hoax? Who is the "This" in the sentence? 

you're an idiot.

you were provided context up thread that clearly debunked your claim, yet you still insist on promulgating the lie.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

This (The Democrats) is their (The Democrats) new hoax? Who is the "This" in the sentence? 

Enough. 

You are the last person in America arguing that point. Everyone else moved on admitting, or ignoring, their error. 

The subject of a sentence is the person, place, thing, or idea that is doing or being something. You can find the subject of a sentence if you can find the verb. Ask the question, "Who or what 'verbs' or 'verbed'?" and the answer to that question is the subject.

The Democrats. 

Back to the thread. 

As the Economy Sinks Deeper, American’s Confidence In Trump’s Economic Prowess Remains Unchanged

https://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2020/03/18/as-the-economy-sinks-deeper-americans-are-still-confident-in-trumps-ability-to-handle-it/

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Seems like you may want to up your reading comprehension skills. Mueller investigation was a hoax since Mueller knew there was no conspiracy before he took the job. Ukrainian impeachment was a hoax since it was readily apparent the day after Nancy Pelosi called for impeachment. Now there are several mini hoaxes having to do with the response to the coronavirus. 

Yes well the 'hop aboard and hate America platform' isn't all that great for everyone.

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

I think you aren't obviously going to recoup the trillions in stimulus spending that is going to take to get the economies of nations impacted back from the edge of depression. However China should be writing off hundreds of billions in debt they bought throughout the years from various nations impacted. That would be a start. How you collect on that? I would say a good place to start would be economic pressure. 

Trump was also slow to act, downplayed the danger, contradicted the experts, tried cutting funding to CDC, disbanded the pandemic control board, should he be sanctioned? Seriously. 

The Chinese dictator sure screwed up, but where they the only ones that discounted the science? 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Trump was also slow to act, False - repeatedly spun that way by the Left

downplayed the danger, Untrue - absolutely , cherry picked partial quotes of reassurance don't count.

contradicted the experts, Never

tried cutting funding to CDC, Proposed slowing the annual increases, was not passed

disbanded the pandemic control board, Proven false time and again, repeated because libs are liars

should he be sanctioned? Seriously. 

I know ?thrives on his (negative) attention,

but he appears to be out of ammunition ( especially now that multiple democrat/media figures have come out and praised President Trump's actions)

he repeats and repeats ................reminds me of his Russia folly.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, ALF said:

I'm not a Trump supporter but no way do I blame him for this disaster for the economy,  it's a black swan event.

I have a friend who voted for Trump who now hates him.  We were all texting last night about the Bills moves and I said he should get his season ticket again.  After 34 years he dropped his last year.............He said he doesn't have the money because of President Dow.

How can anybody blame Trump for this economy.  I checked the Euro market today and it's worse than the Dow. 

I'm at a loss. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, bbb said:

I have a friend who voted for Trump who now hates him.  We were all texting last night about the Bills moves and I said he should get his season ticket again.  After 34 years he dropped his last year.............He said he doesn't have the money because of President Dow.

How can anybody blame Trump for this economy.  I checked the Euro market today and it's worse than the Dow. 

I'm at a loss. 

It's not his fault but when the guy brags about the economy incessantly four three and a half years ia going to have to expect some backlash.  Presidents in general always get too much credit or blame for the economy.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

It's not his fault but when the guy brags about the economy incessantly four three and a half years ia going to have to expect some backlash.  Presidents in general always get too much credit or blame for the economy.

The President and his administration made many purposeful moves to assist the Market as it climbed over the last three years. They were indeed involved. On the other hand, I’ve not heard a single person suggest one thing he, or anyone else could do to stabilize the Market’s fall in the last three weeks in the face of an unprecedented worldwide health crisis. Let’s not just do crazy talk here. With that said, this crisis will pass and the Market will rebound just as it always does.

15 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

There are many ways for them to pay. Losing a good share of their manufacturing base may be enough to teach them a lesson. 

Move a vast majority of our manufacturing to Mexico would be a wonderful thing. 

Hecho en Mexico will be the new Made in China. Mexico will become so strong THEY’ll need a wall!  

16 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Lets not forget that the corrupt oil governments are part of the problem here. Destabilizing the market. The green new deal is the answer to those brutal regimes 

You have a unique ability to make statements that are wrong in a multitude of ways. The Green New Deal is on par with:

See the source image

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Lets not forget that the corrupt oil governments are part of the problem here. Destabilizing the market. The green new deal is the answer to those brutal regimes 

Stop the nonsense. There’s nothing stopping this country from moving towards a more sustainable future other than the limits of our own ingenuity. If on the other hand you think the population should be forced by a central government to pay double or triple for something they already know they can get for less cost, you’re dreaming! Nobody will consider that a ‘deal’. 

• Like (+1) 2

Senator Jim Inhofe calling on a big Tariff on foreign oil, claiming Russians and Saudis are attacking us. National security issue, duh. 

Well, yes 

42 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Stop the nonsense. There’s nothing stopping this country from moving towards a more sustainable future other than the limits of our own ingenuity. If on the other hand you think the population should be forced by a central government to pay double or triple for something they already know they can get for less cost, you’re dreaming! Nobody will consider that a ‘deal’. 

Green energy will be cheaper and more reliable, and we won’t have to spend money defending the royal family in Saudi Arabia

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Senator Jim Inhofe calling on a big Tariff on foreign oil, claiming Russians and Saudis are attacking us. National security issue, duh. 

Well, yes 

Green energy will be cheaper and more reliable, and we won’t have to spend money defending the royal family in Saudi Arabia

Deek's point was get to work on green energy as entrepreneurs then watch the money flow to it versus arbitrary edicts by a clueless central government.

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

the DOW has now reached the point where it was prior to Trumps coronation, Dec. '16 @ 19,935.

Obama says hello! 

Just now, RochesterRob said:

Deek's point was get to work on green energy as entrepreneurs then watch the money flow to it versus arbitrary edicts by a clueless central government.

And my point is that we accelerate our drive to energy independence. You guys want us under the influence of the Saudi Royals and bloody hands Vlad, no thanks! 

• Haha (+1) 1

big if it goes through.

Pakistan, China and Russia decide to conduct trade in local currencies skip dollars

The eight-member countries of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO), including China, Russia, and Pakistan, have made the principle decision to conduct bilateral trade and investment and issue bonds in local and national currencies instead of US dollars.

As per details, a road map will be finalized and signed at SCO's Finance Ministers' meeting in Moscow on March 18th. ...

• Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

big if it goes through.

Pakistan, China and Russia decide to conduct trade in local currencies skip dollars

The eight-member countries of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO), including China, Russia, and Pakistan, have made the principle decision to conduct bilateral trade and investment and issue bonds in local and national currencies instead of US dollars.

As per details, a road map will be finalized and signed at SCO's Finance Ministers' meeting in Moscow on March 18th. ...

They've wanted to do it for a long time. The dollar is skyrocketing and is too expensive for them.

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

big if it goes through.

..And the masks slip off.....

• Like (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The pea brains of this world such as Tiberius and his ilk live off of "feelz" with no consideration of reality. If we instituted 1/2 of that Green New Deal farce we would be on a path to deliberately turning our country into 3rd world status. Simply put, we as a country cut back our carbon emissions by 20% with our conversion to more use of natural gas. This could only be done by fracking, horizontal drilling and constructing pipelines. We've become energy independent and no longer reliant upon other countries (specifically in the M.E.) for our energy. Our status as the largest producer in the world of oil and gas allows us to dictate policy to countries, namely Russia, and keep their nonsense in check. As we speak, Russia is trying to damage our energy business by cutting off their own nose. Sure, they can hurt our shale oil industry but only on a temporary basis. Without energy reserves and nuclear weapons Russia would be one of those 3rd world countries. Gas and oil is their only real income. They have no manufacturing base. Today oil is around $20 a barrel. Our producers need it to be at around $40 a barrel in order to turn a profit. As I recall it's been running in the $45-$70 range for some time now. The low oil prices are the result of Russia not agreeing with OPEC to reduce production during the economic downturn caused by the coronavirus. Simply put, the USA is in the catbird seat over the long haul. We've got the oil & gas reserves and they are by no means our only income. They have only oil & gas and just caused its price to be lowered by more than 50%.   

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Obama says hello! 

And my point is that we accelerate our drive to energy independence. You guys want us under the influence of the Saudi Royals and bloody hands Vlad, no thanks! 

And we can see that chaos and panic have taken hold at the Soros think tank.

• Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

We weren't offered any test kits from WHO. The test kits we had were not reliable and gave out about 40% false negatives and 40% false positives. We sent them out and when we found out about the problems we recalled them. We quickly revised the test and it took a little time to verify their reliability. You seem just a little too anxious to find blame, as long as it can be placed on Trump. 

WHO offered the test to many countries, the CDC declined to use it and instead create their own. That is a fact. That decision also led to delays in mass testing which is what allowed S. Korea to get ahead of the curve on this.  I also have said that trump has been more focused on the stock market and economy than the virus itself. You think he's done everything right, so we'll never agree. As I said above, it's clear to me the light bulb went on sometime Monday for him coinciding with the second largest drop in the Dow ever. I thought he was at  his best on the crisis so far at Tuesday's presser.  On the other side, Pelosi has been abysmal in the response.  

When this is is all over, the media will deserve much of the blame as well. On one side, Fox downplayed it for weeks, thus making conservatives downplay it. On the other, CNN/MSNBC were cheerleading russiagate for 3 years and lost any credibility with conservatives and many moderates.  A failure on so many levels...

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TPS said:

WHO offered the test to many countries, the CDC declined to use it and instead create their own. That is a fact. That decision also led to delays in mass testing which is what allowed S. Korea to get ahead of the curve on this.  I also have said that trump has been more focused on the stock market and economy than the virus itself. You think he's done everything right, so we'll never agree. As I said above, it's clear to me the light bulb went on sometime Monday for him coinciding with the second largest drop in the Dow ever. I thought he was at  his best on the crisis so far at Tuesday's presser.  On the other side, Pelosi has been abysmal in the response.  

When this is is all over, the media will deserve much of the blame as well. On one side, Fox downplayed it for weeks, thus making conservatives downplay it. On the other, CNN/MSNBC were cheerleading russiagate for 3 years and lost any credibility with conservatives and many moderates.  A failure on so many levels...

Oh brother, so Trump working with Russia shouldn’t be covered and is to blame. What ever! 

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

They've wanted to do it for a long time. The dollar is skyrocketing and is too expensive for them.

it think it is much deeper than that. after all, whichever currency is utilized, value will be denominated in that particular currencies valuation. the desire by a good portion of the world, not to mention Russia and China (the main two culprits) has been to move away from the USD. several attempts have been made in just the last decade alone.  the problem is the stability factor which the dollar provides.

1 hour ago, TPS said:

WHO did offer it to many countries but did not offer it to the U.S. They typically don't offer us stuff like that, figuring we can handle it on our own while poor countries can't. The tests we had were faulty and unfortunately we had to spend the time to come up with tests that were accurate. The stock market and virus are intertwined and it makes it easy for TDS people to pick their perspective. You obviously picked the perspective that fits you narrative. Answer me one question. When was the last time you've observed any president this engaged in battling a crises?

@TPSRead this:

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2020/03/17/nolte-all-the-establishment-medias-dangerous-coronavirus-lies/

1. Trump Rejected WHO Coronavirus Test Kits

Everyone from Grandpa Joe Biden to CNN’s Dr. Sanjay Gupta to Esquire to NBC News to, to, to… This is such a lie, the far-left PolitiFact debunked it.

1. Trump Blocked Testing Because Lower Numbers are Good for His Reelection

This lie arrives courtesy of the welfare queens at NPR and a Newsweek staffer’s hysterical amplification that has been retweeted almost a quarter-million times.

And once again, I ask, how does this makes any sense?

In the face of the facts, Trump is doing back-flips to start testing. What’s more, how does not testing benefit his re-election chances? It’s not as if people who test positive won’t eventually become symptomatic.

This is not just a lie (no other media outlet has confirmed it, which means even CNN couldn’t find a lying source that has lied to them so many times before to lie about this one), it’s by far the stupidest lie on this list.

1. It’s Trump Fault Coronavirus Testing Was Delayed

Nope:

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said Tuesday that the blame for the slow pace of testing for coronavirus in the U.S. does not lie with either President Trump or the CDC.

Fauci told Hugh Hewitt on “The Hugh Hewitt” show that a “technical glitch” resulted in the delay in production of usable tests in the U.S., something Fauci prescribed to random error.

“This has nothing to do with anybody’s fault, certainly not the president’s fault.”

11. Trump Silenced Dr. Fauci

This lie spread like wildfire before Fauci himself was given a chance to tell the truth.

12. [added] Trump Told Sick People to Got to Work

Here’s CBS News flat-out lying with the flat-out lie that Trump told sick people to go to work. And that’s just one example. This lie spread like its own virus for days throughout the fake media.

Here’s Trump’s full quote:  “So if, you know, we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better, just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work, some of them go to work, but they get better.”

He’s not talking about what people should do, but that healthy people are going on about their business with the coronavirus not knowing they have it, which is undoubtedly true for the young and healthy.

We are plagued with a dishonest, unreliable, unserious, dangerous media, driven only by political calculation and naked greed.

The media are so evil and indecent, even a pandemic can’t cure them.

Edited by 3rdnlng
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

ME, NEITHER: 

Famed economist Robert Shiller doesn’t think we are headed for another Great Recession.

ADDED:

WELL: CNN Report on Test Kits Refutes Biden Statement—and Its Own Fact-Check: Biden picked up false claim that Trump admin turned down WHO test kits.

A new CNN report refutes its own correspondent’s approving fact check of Joe Biden’s claim the Trump administration “refused” the World Health Organization’s offer of coronavirus testing kits.

CNN fact-checker Holmes Lybrand rated Biden’s statement at Sunday’s Democratic primary debate to be correct at the time. But CNN reported Wednesday the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and WHO never discussed the latter providing tests to the United States, and WHO did not offer it tests.

WHO spokesperson Tarik Jasarevic told CNN this was not unusual, since the United States has the capacity to manufacture its own diagnostics. The CDC developed its own version of the coronavirus test on Jan. 17, the same day WHO published a German protocol for countries to use in manufacturing their own tests.

While the United States has struggled to test for the virus on a mass scale, that still contradicts Biden’s comment on Sunday, when he told debate moderator Jake Tapper, “Look, the World Health Organization offered the testing kits that they have available and to give it to us now. We refused them. We did not want to buy them. We did not want to get them from them. We wanted to make sure we had our own.”

Lybrand wrote in CNN’s live fact-checking blog of the debate, “Biden is correct. The U.S., along with other countries, chose not to take test kits from WHO — and instead decided to make their own.”

Lybrand’s fact check has thus far not been updated.

PolitiFact rated the same statement by Biden “Mostly False” in a report on Monday.

Reminder:

treacher_on_journalism_10-11-17-1-600x34

But occasionally they slip up.

Edited by B-Man
  • Thank you (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, B-Man said:

ME, NEITHER: 

Famed economist Robert Shiller doesn’t think we are headed for another Great Recession.

ADDED:

WELL: CNN Report on Test Kits Refutes Biden Statement—and Its Own Fact-Check: Biden picked up false claim that Trump admin turned down WHO test kits.

A new CNN report refutes its own correspondent’s approving fact check of Joe Biden’s claim the Trump administration “refused” the World Health Organization’s offer of coronavirus testing kits.

CNN fact-checker Holmes Lybrand rated Biden’s statement at Sunday’s Democratic primary debate to be correct at the time. But CNN reported Wednesday the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and WHO never discussed the latter providing tests to the United States, and WHO did not offer it tests.

WHO spokesperson Tarik Jasarevic told CNN this was not unusual, since the United States has the capacity to manufacture its own diagnostics. The CDC developed its own version of the coronavirus test on Jan. 17, the same day WHO published a German protocol for countries to use in manufacturing their own tests.

While the United States has struggled to test for the virus on a mass scale, that still contradicts Biden’s comment on Sunday, when he told debate moderator Jake Tapper, “Look, the World Health Organization offered the testing kits that they have available and to give it to us now. We refused them. We did not want to buy them. We did not want to get them from them. We wanted to make sure we had our own.”

Lybrand wrote in CNN’s live fact-checking blog of the debate, “Biden is correct. The U.S., along with other countries, chose not to take test kits from WHO — and instead decided to make their own.”

Lybrand’s fact check has thus far not been updated.

PolitiFact rated the same statement by Biden “Mostly False” in a report on Monday.

Reminder:

treacher_on_journalism_10-11-17-1-600x34

But occasionally they slip up.

The Shiller article does come up as it most likely requires a paid subscription to access.  Anyways, my viewpoint is to take this event extremely serious.  A much broader segment of the economy will be affected this time unlike 2008 and 1987.  I have not read Forbes much since college but I don't know that many non-sunny day articles concerning stocks and the economy get published there.

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

The green new deal is the answer to those brutal regimes 

Personally, I support this. I am willing to make the sacrifices necessary so that I can be paid to be unwilling to work.

Where is the money coming from? The rich, of course. I think making them pay their fair share - say 400% of their total wealth - would be sufficient and just.

2 hours ago, TPS said:

The WHO also said in late January that the virus couldn't be transmitted from human to human. The WHO is not our friend.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The WHO also said in late January that the virus couldn't be transmitted from human to human. The WHO is not our friend.

I always preferred the Guess Who. 

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Obama says hello! 

We already have energy independence with larger reserves than Russia and Saudi Arabia. By selling oil and gas to the world we can somewhat control the actions of other gas & oil producers. Actually if we use patience, we can put Russia's balls in a vice and keep them there.

• Haha (+1) 1

I think it was Dr. Fauci or maybe Dr. Brix who said they received some kits that had a 40% false positive and 40% false negative results.

They wouldn't us them and developed our own. 

From the CNN fact check article posted B-Man above:

But CNN reported Wednesday the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and WHO never discussed the latter providing tests to the United States, and WHO did not offer it tests.

While the United States has struggled to test for the virus on a mass scale, that still contradicts Biden's comment on Sunday, when he told debate moderator Jake Tapper, "Look, the World Health Organization offered the testing kits that they have available and to give it to us now. We refused them. We did not want to buy them. We did not want to get them from them. We wanted to make sure we had our own."

Lybrand wrote in CNN's live fact-checking blog of the debate, "Biden is correct. The U.S., along with other countries, chose not to take test kits from WHO — and instead decided to make their own."

And of course Trump was only interested in keeping the DOW at record highs. <_<

15 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Personally, I support this. I am willing to make the sacrifices necessary so that I can be paid to be unwilling to work.

Where is the money coming from? The rich, of course. I think making them pay their fair share - say 400% of their total wealth - would be sufficient and just.

Where's the money coming from? LOL, The Saudis will pay for it! 

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Oh brother, so Trump working with Russia shouldn’t be covered and is to blame. What ever! 

I assume others pointed out that the case against the key Russian connection, the Internet Research Agency, was dropped this week.  The case was too weak.  Sorry, I never believed this from the beginning...It was the 24-7-365 coverage promising week after week the new evidence that would take Trump down. My poor wife hanging on Rachel's words for 2.5 years...

21 hours ago, GG said:

Who supplies the essentials?  How do the supermarket shelves get restocked?  Who delivers the items?  Who makes the items that are delivered?  Where are the raw materials coming from?  etc.

The only people who could get shut down from venturing outside and not affect everyone else's lives are people who sit in front of their computers all day.

I think it's not to difficult to figure out who is essential at providing the essentials.  You gave a very simple definition. 

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Well, yes 

Tibs

Do you have a solar array on your house? I do, and have for years.