The Trump Economy

GG

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

The "very well spoken" remark in your post harkens back to Joe Biden and his soft-bigotry of former President Obama.  Look up the youtube clips if you are unfamiliar with what he said, they are out there.  

Maybe the questions should have been... why are you supporting her? What qualifications does she have? 

Her Chicago job was given to her when her husband became a Senator, and not filled since he left office. 
Why did she give up her law degree 9 years before having children? 

Many, many people dislike Michelle Obama and do not find her to be the least bit qualified for public office. They pick on her looks (a person's least important attribute), her job history, giving up her law licenses for undisclosed reasons (it is on the Illinois Bar association website, you can find it there), lack of political office experience (not necessarily a bad thing), and the fatigue of the US Pres fangirling her while ignoring the current ex-model who is our current first lady.  

However, this is the Trump Economy thread. You and I may want to take this discussion to the Democratic 2020 Primary thread where the possibility of her running would be on-topic. 

That should be "press," right?

Just 'cause "Pres" is a typical abbreviation for "president."

• Like (+1) 1

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

Unless they agree with the Trump positions..then they are fine and exemplary examples of journalistic integrity!!!!

Nawww that is more along the lines of a "holy crap!!! EVEN CNN or EVEN WaPo isn't hiding/distorting/lying" about X,Y and Z. 

I thought you were gonna find some other sources to read besides WaPo? 

Just now, DC Tom said:

That should be "press," right?

Just 'cause "Pres" is a typical abbreviation for "president."

Fixed ?

57 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Except you demonstrated your own racism... or at least your extreme unfamiliarity with other races.

Clearly you think a lot about race in dialogue that has nothing to do with race.  

The article/video you and @GG pointed out tell me that you must be so uncomfortable with being labelled a racist that you'll find anything that anyone says that anyone on earth could interpret as racist in any way and point it out to deflect your own inherent racism.

I use the phrase "well-spoken" and "articulate" all the time with people in many settings of many different professions, positions all the time.

Again, as an English Language Arts teacher, by trade that is something that I appreciate.

You saw those buzzwords and immediately jumped to race.

And you're still trying to run away from the very racism inherent in your own accusation.

You're shitting me. You claim to be an English Language Arts teacher and you don't know the difference between to and too? You say your when you're is what you meant? Maybe you need to learn to code.

BTW, you've twice refused to answer a question regarding fraud and the Obamas that I asked you. Why?

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

Nawww that is more along the lines of a "holy crap!!! EVEN CNN or EVEN WaPo isn't hiding/distorting/lying" about X,Y and Z. 

I thought you were gonna find some other sources to read besides WaPo? 

I was just bustin..but I read plenty..WSJ is the other national paper I read. I do tend to stay off the far right sights like The Federalist and Breitbart.

I admit i am partial to the WAPO...man before the internet. I loved living right in DC and getting that City Edition at 5 AM with up to date sports scores, even from the West Coast..and a good chunk of the crime happening in my neighborhood from the previous night....

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

I was just bustin..but I read plenty..WSJ is the other national paper I read. I do tend to stay off the far right sights like The Federalist and Breitbart.

I admit i am partial to the WAPO...man before the internet. I loved living right in DC and getting that City Edition at 5 AM with up to date sports scores, even from the West Coast..and a good chunk of the crime happening in my neighborhood from the previous night....

The Federalist is okay.  Breitbart is crap.  WaPo is okay, too...not what it was ten years ago.

Everything's gotten too damn partisan, and sloppy.  I see stories published with inaccurate or incorrect information (that I know of first-hand - saw a story this morning, in fact, that I knew was wrong, if not flat-out dishonest) with enough frequency that I don't trust any American sources any more.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

The Federalist is okay.  Breitbart is crap.  WaPo is okay, too...not what it was ten years ago.

Everything's gotten too damn partisan, and sloppy.  I see stories published with inaccurate or incorrect information (that I know of first-hand - saw a story this morning, in fact, that I knew was wrong, if not flat-out dishonest) with enough frequency that I don't trust any American sources any more.  

Absolutely no argument there

48 minutes ago, GG said:

You're not very good at this.

YOU used a condescending slight that's historically been associated with the soft racism of applying a lower standard to black people.

You got called out on it and started crying.

40 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

The "very well spoken" remark in your post harkens back to Joe Biden and his soft-bigotry of former President Obama.  Look up the youtube clips if you are unfamiliar with what he said, they are out there.  

Maybe the questions should have been... why are you supporting her? What qualifications does she have? 

Her Chicago hospital job was given to her when her husband became a Senator, and not filled since he left office. 
Why did she give up her law degree 9 years before having children? 

Many, many people dislike Michelle Obama and do not find her to be the least bit qualified for public office. They pick on her looks (a person's least important attribute), her job history, giving up her law licenses for undisclosed reasons (it is on the Illinois Bar association website, you can find it there), lack of political office experience (not necessarily a bad thing), and the fatigue of the US Press fangirling her while ignoring the ex-model who is our current first lady.  

However, this is the Trump Economy thread. You and I may want to take this discussion to the Democratic 2020 Primary thread where the possibility of her running would be on-topic. 

What I think is this...

some of you guys spend so much time in PPP and alternatively on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (none of which I have accounts for) that it's actually twisted your perceptions into something just right of reality.

You point to articles that prove the words "well-spoken" and "articulate" are racist--although they don't actually prove the words are racist, they just point to how they could be perceived as racist when directed at certain people.

I like Amy Klobuchar because, in part, she's well-spoken and articulate.

I don't like Elizabeth Warren, in part, because I don't think she's very well-spoken or articulate.

I'm sorry, am I being racist when I use those words in speaking about them?  

As someone who teaches a subject that focuses on reading, writing AND speaking... the speaking part matters to me.

That is definitively NOT racist, even as I also acknowledge there are systemically racist issues with the education system itself.

If people want to know why I keep coming back, it's purely for this subject alone.  It was a ridiculous and disgusting accusation compounded by a couple other posters jumping on his back.  Sure would be nice for @DC Tom to very simply admit to his mistake.  But he seems like a small person who would never do that.

33 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

With "It's racist to call my racist words racist!"  Which is an epic level of stupid.

No, it was racist on your part to twist something that wasn't racist into being racist by adding the word "Black" in quotations--as though I said, thought, or meant it--to a post that wasn't remotely about race.

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

If people want to know why I keep coming back, it's purely for this subject alone.  It was a ridiculous and disgusting accusation compounded by a couple other posters jumping on his back.  Sure would be nice for @DC Tom to very simply admit to his mistake.  But he seems like a small person who would never do that.

I will when I make a mistake.  This wasn't one of those times.

23 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

No, it was racist on your part to twist something that wasn't racist into being racist by adding the word "Black" in quotations--as though I said, thought, or meant it--to a post that wasn't remotely about race.

Tell it to the University of Minnesota.  Or are they racist too?

12 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

What I think is this...

some of you guys spend so much time in PPP and alternatively on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (none of which I have accounts for) that it's actually twisted your perceptions into something just right of reality.

You point to articles that prove the words "well-spoken" and "articulate" are racist--although they don't actually prove the words are racist, they just point to how they could be perceived as racist when directed at certain people.

I like Amy Klobuchar because, in part, she's well-spoken and articulate.

I don't like Elizabeth Warren, in part, because I don't think she's very well-spoken or articulate.

I'm sorry, am I being racist when I use those words in speaking about them?  

As someone who teaches a subject that focuses on reading, writing AND speaking... the speaking part matters to me.

That is definitively NOT racist, even as I also acknowledge there are systemically racist issues with the education system itself.

I've got someone who might be able to tutor you:

15 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I will when I make a mistake.  This wasn't one of those times.

Yes, it was.

15 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Tell it to the University of Minnesota.  Or are they racist too?

You're really getting ridiculous.  And I think you're stretching the ridiculousness here to distract from the simplicity of an obvious racist mistake on your part.

Or maybe you're actually just a twitter bot that can't differentiate and seeks conflict instead

Barry-OMG.gif

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yes, it was.

You're really getting ridiculous.  And I think you're stretching the ridiculousness here to distract from the simplicity of an obvious racist mistake on your part.

Or maybe you're actually just a twitter bot that can't differentiate and seeks conflict instead

Barry-OMG.gif

Tell it to the New York Times.

How many of these sources are you going to insist are racist, while you're not?

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I'm just amazed that you don't get it and you're being enabled so much on here.

It's truly amazing for the exact opposite reasons you think they are

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

He has to be trolling Tom at this point. This can't be real.

It's so often difficult to tell half-assed trolling from genuine stupidity.  If he's trolling, he's really bad at it.

31 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I'm just amazed that you don't get it and you're being enabled so much on here.

Are you equally amazed the Times doesn't get it?  Do you think Lynette Clemetson is racist for writing that article?

Just now, DC Tom said:

It's so often difficult to tell half-assed trolling from genuine stupidity.  If he's trolling, he's really bad at it.

I feel like you pushed a certain combination of his buttons that just has him unable to process anything, and we are getting a glitched out version of this poster. Some how he is stuck in some sort of im not a racist you are loop

8 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Why would I be trolling?  I'm calling you out for what was an overtly racist call-out.

What do you honestly think all these articles your posting prove?

5 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I feel like you pushed a certain combination of his buttons that just has him unable to process anything, and we are getting a glitched out version of this poster. Some how he is stuck in some sort of im not a racist you are loop

I've processed all those articles just fine.

The fact is they're irrelevant.

He's talking fruits and I'm talking vegetables.

In part, I think it's because he lives in a bubble... this insane Internet/Social Media bubble I think many other posting here live in that makes you think you're more educated than everyone else when it really just closes the walls around you until you're in a narrow, concrete tunnel.

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Why would I be trolling?  I'm calling you out for what was an overtly racist call-out.

What do you honestly think all these articles your posting prove?

I've processed all those articles just fine.

The fact is they're irrelevant.

You said well spoken (or well articulate) the exact phrase isnt important, but it was in reference to Michelle O a black lady

Tom points out that (by left standards) is deemed to be racist

You then proceed to call Tom a racist for insinuating that

He shows you it is not his standard necessarily, but the party you identify with (perhaps belong), and it's still he is a racist

I dont get it

• Thank you (+1) 1