The Trump Economy

GG

27 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Man... you're predictable.

This place isn't a place for genuine discussion.  It's mental *****.

Talk about being disingenuous.

Except that's not what they show.

Oh for *****'s sake, we all damn well know what you meant. Tom is ***** with you using a historic liberal talking point, and you keep taking the ***** bait.

Tell him to ***** off and move on to the next topic of discussion.

14 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Listen, if we can end this “racist” nonsense that’d be great. If need be I’ll identify as a racist, everybody yell at me once, then let’s move on. 

C'mon Fredo, you want us to think you're a racist?

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

but then...

holding those terms back from Black students while saying them to all other students would itself be racist, wouldn't it?

Again, we’re holding you to the standards that the left has chosen to apply.  If you don’t think it’s a big deal, take my test, go to your FB account and announce to the world that you like Michelle Obama is because she’s articulate.

Then, get back to us.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Well thank you.

So I guess we can't assume an Ivy League Graduate is articulate, at all.

I gotta say, you've really covered yourself in glory down here in PPP. ?

Have a good evening.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, GG said:

Again, we’re holding you to the standards that the left has chosen to apply.  If you don’t think it’s a big deal, take my test, go to your FB account and announce to the world that you like Michelle Obama is because she’s articulate.

Then, get back to us.

I don't have Facebook.

Or Instagram.

Or Twitter.

And thank god for that.

8 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Oh for *****'s sake, we all damn well know what you meant. Tom is ***** with you using a historic liberal talking point, and you keep taking the ***** bait.

Tell him to ***** off and move on to the next topic of discussion.

7 minutes ago, GG said:

Then, get back to us.

Just as I feared, this is apparently a place for mental circle-jerks rather than genuine discussion.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Like I said, this is apparently a place for mental circle-jerks rather than genuine discussion.

Then you clearly haven't been paying attention.

It has been pointed out repeatedly to you that:

1.) Tom is ***** with you;

2.) You keep falling for it, extending this cavalcade of stupidity;

3.) If you don't want to be called an idiot/moron/asshat, then don't ***** act like one; and

4.) If you want to have a rational discussion, with only modest insults thrown about, then have one. You'd be surprised what happens if you don't show up here acting like #3.

If you can get some thicker skin and bring some reasonable discussion points (that you can back up), you'll be welcome and do fine here. If you don't want to do that, no one is going to miss you.

53 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I don't have Facebook.

Or Instagram.

Or Twitter.

And thank god for that.

Just as I feared, this is apparently a place for mental circle-jerks rather than genuine discussion.

What I want to know is if you are tenured? Your use of to instead of too and your (several times) instead of you're tells me that you have no right to judge whether or not someone is articulate. How do you even still have a teaching job?

5 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

What I want to know is if you are tenured? Your use of to instead of too and your (several times) instead of you're tells me that you have no right to judge whether or not someone is articulate. How do you even still have a teaching job?

The 2 "to"s were typos.

I was messing with you the times I said "your a idiot" and I thought you understood.

Yes. Tenured. Teaching for 15 years and AP Lit for the last 6.

My students always score well above state and national averages on the AP Literature exam, which is a sophomore level exam in college.

Appreciate the concern about my job security, though.

47 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

The 2 "to"s were typos.

I was messing with you the times I said "your a idiot" and I thought you understood.

Yes. Tenured. Teaching for 15 years and AP Lit for the last 6.

My students always score well above state and national averages on the AP Literature exam, which is a sophomore level exam in college.

Appreciate the concern about my job security, though.

Typos, autocorrect and oh, I was typing on my phone are lame excuses not worthy of one of your students, eh?

57 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Typos, autocorrect and oh, I was typing on my phone are lame excuses not worthy of one of your students, eh?

If a student has too typos in an otherwise thoughtful and well-written paper, they're meaningless.

You've read enough of my stuff over on the Wall to understand those too typos were the exception, not the norm.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

18 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I read the threads I just dont comment a lot. The way I read it/interpreted it, you are a leftie/democrat, and using that language (if done by someone other than the left, could you imagine the outrage if trump or a republican said that?) is a no no. DC Tom's was pointing out this fact out in his own unique way. 

And he’s so full of his Cis-gendered Lilly white privileged Northern ass to believe that anything he says or writes could ever be construed as racist. We all know that only Southern white cracker rednecks are racists. 

12 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Bush graduated Yale and Harvard.

Trump never did attend an Ivy League school, but now that he's President, using "well-spoken" and "articulate" as a standard in the conversation for the Presidency is logical.

Late to this party, and others have already pointed out the error of this statement. But I’ll point out the sloppy nature of this accusation as just another of this un-woke prig’s self-centered delusional construct of what’s really going on around him. 

12 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Sooooo.... Amy Klobuchar and Mitt Romney are black because I called them well-spoken and articulate, too?

All of my students and colleagues that are white, Asian, Pacific Islander, etc. that I label as well-spoken and articulate should identify themselves as Black instead because I used those words for them?

Of course. No TRUE racist would infer that a white, a *****, a mick, a *****, or a ***** was a plate-lipped *****. 

You're as pure as the driven snow. 

11 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I don't have Facebook.

Or Instagram.

Or Twitter.

And thank god for that.

Look in the mirror ass munch. You’re the one doing the mental mas turbation here. 

Edited by Nanker

14 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Are you trying to get this thread back on topic? How dare you!! ?

It is pretty funny to see transplant claim that he is not racist after using what the left deems as racist language.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Hey @transplantbillsfan, quick question for you. Why do you not have any social media accounts? I would think any school would encourage teachers to be on these platforms if for no other reason than to understand how your students view the world, the information that is disemanated etc. 

i can see not being on gacebook as anyone under 25 never uses it except for what they want their nanas to see, but you really should get a Twitter and Insta account. 

And i I hope the silly racist this is over on both sides. 

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Hey @transplantbillsfan, quick question for you. Why do you not have any social media accounts? I would think any school would encourage teachers to be on these platforms if for no other reason than to understand how your students view the world, the information that is disemanated etc. 

i can see not being on gacebook as anyone under 25 never uses it except for what they want their nanas to see, but you really should get a Twitter and Insta account. 

And i I hope the silly racist this is over on both sides. 

Because they're mostly swamps and I don't have the time to filter out all the crap that's there for the good stuff.

I don't have a smartphone, either.

I go on Twitter on occasion for some sports stuff, rarely news.

I think Snapchat is a terrible creation.

I keep in touch with who I care about enough. I don't need Facebook to show me some rosy, often fake picture of a person's overall life I wouldn't even have kept in touch with if not for that.

And Instagram just reminds me of this:

My annual anonymous evaluations from my students tell me I connect well enough with their generation and that, in fact, they appreciate our exhaustive critique of those platforms.

Plus, I am just too busy. My AP Lit students alone write 2 essays per week that I have to read. And I prefer surf over social media nonsense.

Back on topic, to bring up an issue previously discussed.

How are consumers harmed by bigness?   Here's a case (among many) that bigness brings lot of consumer benefits that are hard to quantify in the fees that they may pay.  What cost would you put on a nationwide ATM network?  Better online service or phone app?  Access to many more services within your branch?  More branches, if you need them?  Just one example of people wanting big over small, because it's their choice.

After the National Bank of Delaware County, a small community bank, bought Bank of America Corp.’s BAC 0.79% only branch in an upstate New York town, it didn’t take long for things to go south.

People waited in four-hour-long lines at the Monticello, N.Y., branch and withdrew nearly half of their deposits, moving them to banks with more reliable technology. Technical glitches got customers so worked up that managers posted two security guards to protect employees. The community bank, which had been in business for more than a century, eventually sold itself in a fire sale.

32 minutes ago, GG said:

Back on topic, to bring up an issue previously discussed.

How are consumers harmed by bigness?   Here's a case (among many) that bigness brings lot of consumer benefits that are hard to quantify in the fees that they may pay.  What cost would you put on a nationwide ATM network?  Better online service or phone app?  Access to many more services within your branch?  More branches, if you need them?  Just one example of people wanting big over small, because it's their choice.

invest in your community (your neighbors), bank with a credit union.