The Trump Economy

GG

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Maybe , in another 5 to 10 decades. I mean, I’m sure most people would buy a vehicle that ran on hydrogen if it were available at a comparable price , had great performance like a gasoline powered car, and fueling stations were widely available, right ? Free market competition says it would exist already if there was a way. Nobody has managed to do this yet, same with heating homes etc. There’s money to be made with such innovations, but no one has managed yet. We don’t have anything better, at least not yet. There’s a new project for you while self isolating; you could make millions .

Free market competition says let the gas and oil producers have failed, right? 

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

No, they can and will be replaced by green energy 

Yes, over time and at a rate which allows for economically sound technologies to develop and roll out.  It's happening but you can't force it.  We'll embrace further moves toward green energy as they become available, reliable and cost effective.   

Politically your side are raging lunatics wanting it now like a bunch of spoiled brats. Kind of like Charlie Cheswick in Cuckoo's Nest or AOC.   The political right lacks any articulation of a transitional path of what is possible and in development. The difference is that it'll never happen in the fashion that the left demands.  Never. They (you) will just scream about it. 

We're going to need oil and gas until we don't.

Edited by keepthefaith

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

No, they can and will be replaced by green energy 

I know you don't answer me anymore because I've beat you silly for years and you're tired of losing but I have a question for you.  It's relatively simple so here goes.  

Why? 

Edited by Chef Jim

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Free market competition says let the gas and oil producers have failed, right? 

Um no, an artificial closing of America / world has led to that. Where’s the ready to go replacement ? Oh, that’s right we don’t have one yet. Come back in about 50 plus years ...

GOPigs

Mitch McConnell wants to prevent a 'blue state bailout' of stimulus money. But Kentucky takes more from the federal government than almost any other state.

Red states cannot survive off OUR tax dollars. F em. 

But you poor pathetic Bills fans from the 716 - one of the poorest regions in America - are all over Trumps D.

Edited by BillStime

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

oh that’s the part that pissed you off?

lmao

Piss me off?  Nope just pointing out when you make ***** up you lose all credibility. Well you had none to really lose to begin with. So carry on. 

And good job disparaging the area where most of us were born, raised and still live. 

I image you’re one of those that has no idea why we have a President Trump are you. 

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Piss me off?  Nope just pointing out when you make ***** up you lose all credibility. Well you had none to really lose to begin with. So carry on. 

And good job disparaging the area where most of us were born, raised and still live. 

I image you’re one of those that has no idea why we have a President Trump are you. 

Oh sunshine - I’m from the 716.  I know exactly how desperate the region is for investment.

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Oh sunshine - I’m from the 716.  I know exactly how desperate the region is for investment.

Desperate for investment does not equal one of the poorest regions in America. Next you’ll call them all bunch of gun totin’ deplorables. 

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Desperate for investment does not equal one of the poorest regions in America. Next you’ll call them all bunch of gun totin’ deplorables. 

You’re embarrassing yourself - and have lost all credibility. 

I absolutely love the 716 - miss everything about it - Mighty Taco, Charlie the Butcher, Gabes Gate, Violas, Hibbards...

But economically? It is one of the poorest regions in America. You don’t have to believe it but it is true. 

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

You’re embarrassing yourself - and have lost all credibility. 

I absolutely love the 716 - miss everything about it - Mighty Taco, Charlie the Butcher, Gabes Gate, Violas, Hibbards...

But economically? It is one of the poorest regions in America. You don’t have to believe it but it is true. 

I’m embarrassing myself?  When you talk about missing WNY the first thing you come up with is Mighty Taco?  Well as least you didn’t mention the crap pizza. 

Anyway please provide the data that shows WNY in one of the poorest regions in America. 

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

I’m embarrassing myself?  When you talk about missing WNY the first thing you come up with is Mighty Taco?  Well as least you didn’t mention the crap pizza. 

Anyway please provide the data that shows WNY in one of the poorest regions in America. 

You don’t believe anything else I share here why would you believe me on the 716  economic stats?

The onus is on you to prove me wrong.

Ill wait. 

PS: yes I miss La Nova and Pizza Oven pizza and wings too. Oh, I miss my family, too and am thankful for the inexpensive JetBlue flights to BUF.

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

You don’t believe anything else I share here why would you believe me on the 716  economic stats?

The onus is on you to prove me wrong.

Ill wait. 

PS: yes I miss La Nova and Pizza Oven pizza and wings too. Oh, I miss my family, too and am thankful for the inexpensive JetBlue flights to BUF.

Not how it works my friend. You make a claim and you are challenged on your claim the onus is on you to back it up. 

5 minutes ago, BillStime said:

It sure is - you lost. 

I did?  I will admit defeat if you can provide data showing WNY is one of the poorest regions in America. There is data on everything so it shouldn’t be too hard to provide.  

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I did?  I will admit defeat if you can provide data showing WNY is one of the poorest regions in America. There is data on everything so it shouldn’t be too hard to provide.  

I don’t care if you admit defeat because the stats are not on your side. 

Please - stop embarrassing yourself 

5 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I don’t care if you admit defeat because the stats are not on your side. 

Please - stop embarrassing yourself 

What stats. I’ve yet to see you present any statistics to back up your claim. 

NR-logo-test-v3.png

534.jpg?mode=stretch&connatiximg=true&scale=both&height=315&width=560

For the first time since the 1970s oil crisis, Americans on a mass scale may be exposed to rationing, shortages, and long lines for a resource they consider essential to their lives.

President Trump has responded by declaring meat-processing plants “critical infrastructure.” The White House will take all appropriate action to “continue operations” at meat-processing plants, he has vowed.

It’s unclear what those actions might involve. Sick workers will not be able to return. Health workers may not feel safe returning to the line. Meat processing is an industrial affair, and workers are trained to follow health regulations and learn manual skills that can’t be transferred to new recruits in a moment, or to National Guardsmen drafted into service in the plants. ?

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/04/coronavirus-crisis-meat-shortages-alarm-americans-threaten-trump-reelection/

33 minutes ago, Tiberius said:
NR-logo-test-v3.png

534.jpg?mode=stretch&connatiximg=true&scale=both&height=315&width=560

For the first time since the 1970s oil crisis, Americans on a mass scale may be exposed to rationing, shortages, and long lines for a resource they consider essential to their lives.

President Trump has responded by declaring meat-processing plants “critical infrastructure.” The White House will take all appropriate action to “continue operations” at meat-processing plants, he has vowed.

It’s unclear what those actions might involve. Sick workers will not be able to return. Health workers may not feel safe returning to the line. Meat processing is an industrial affair, and workers are trained to follow health regulations and learn manual skills that can’t be transferred to new recruits in a moment, or to National Guardsmen drafted into service in the plants. ?

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/04/coronavirus-crisis-meat-shortages-alarm-americans-threaten-trump-reelection/

Something tells me you get off on the notion of fellow citizens starving to death as long as it serves a political end. China needs more people like you. Please continue. We could all use even more motivation to vote Trump in November. You are doing your part to ensure that, and I really appreciate you for that sacrifice of your personal time. Do you know what paradoxical intent is?

• Thank you (+1) 4

Just now, Reality Check said:

Something tells me you get off on the notion of fellow citizens starving to death as long as it serves a political end. China needs more people like you. Please continue. We could all use even more motivation to vote Trump in November. You are doing your part to ensure that, and I really appreciate you for that sacrifice of your personal time. Do you know what paradoxical intent is?

?

35 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Wow, that is mean spirited and wrong 

For some states, the concern is that residents who are offered their old jobs back simply may not accept them,
choosing instead to continue tapping historically generous unemployment aid.

:rolleyes:

44 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

GOP-led states signal they could strip workers’ unemployment benefits if they don’t return to work

For some states, the concern is that residents who are offered their old jobs back simply may not accept them, choosing instead to continue tapping historically generous unemployment aid.
  •  

Finally we agree on something.  That is mean spirited.  If they don't take their old job back they should be stripped of their benefit.  I remember years and years ago I was on unemployment and they asked me every week if I looked for work and if I didn't they could strip the benefit away. 

Oh waaaaiiiiiit a minute. You're saying the STATES are mean spirited??  Never mind.  

46 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

GOP-led states signal they could strip workers’ unemployment benefits if they don’t return to work

For some states, the concern is that residents who are offered their old jobs back simply may not accept them, choosing instead to continue tapping historically generous unemployment aid.
  •  

It's called unemployment insurance not quit your job insurance.

• Haha (+1) 1

There was a question asked today at the presser if Trump was at all worried about the generosity of that extra $600 of unemployment under the CARES act,  and if it would be extended past the end of July? Trump mentioned that indeed that was a concern, and why they tried to have to redone (remember Lindsey Graham trying to get that rewritten when they figured it out? He's not having an extension), but the Democrats were having none of it. They wanted the unemployed to be able to earn more than when they were working.

And an anecdotal story... we were supposed to have our windows washed earlier this month. The owner called the day before to reschedule (NYS had asked them to), and he mentioned to me that he was having a difficult time getting guys to work as they were making more on unemployment. It does happen.

• Thank you (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

There was a question asked today at the presser if Trump was at all worried about the generosity of that extra $600 of unemployment under the CARES act,  and if it would be extended past the end of July? Trump mentioned that indeed that was a concern, and why they tried to have to redone (remember Lindsey Graham trying to get that rewritten when they figured it out? He's not having an extension), but the Democrats were having none of it. They wanted the unemployed to be able to earn more than when they were working.

And an anecdotal story... we were supposed to have our windows washed earlier this month. The owner called the day before to reschedule (NYS had asked them to), and he mentioned to me that he was having a difficult time getting guys to work as they were making more on unemployment. It does happen.

I have a good friend in GA who took a job stocking shelves in Walmart even though she could make more on unemployment because as she put it "she can't stand sitting around being unproductive."  That's the American spirit!  

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

It was really a voting bribe, as in vote for us and we can get you more of this. 

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

The county my friend works for furloughed anyone who made less than $57,000 per year, so that they could make more on unemployment than they did working, and so that the money being paid to the workers not to work wasn't coming from the county's funds.

It will be interesting to see how many come back, especially since Albany is talking about reducing all state contracts (including grants used to fund positions) by up to 20%.